Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    All About Preparing For PSLE

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary 6 & PSLE
    804 Posts 176 Posters 564.1k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S Offline
      smartmummy
      last edited by

      Hi All!

      My son in P3.
      How do u prepare for science? Is that enough school handbook and past year papers? When I refer some assessment books that has some qns that out of syllabus (I feel).Why I need to teach unnecessary qns and confused him and he forgot necessary points that are come to exams.In the school text book asked them to explore.So I just encourage my son to explore now.My husband asked why are you doing all these?Is that coming for exam?
      Please share ur techniques and success stories. Thanks.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • janet88J Offline
        janet88
        last edited by

        Hi P6 students of 1999,

        Congrats on completion of PSLE :rahrah: ... first major exam in your life.
        Now that you are done, I would like to get your valuable advice how to handle this. Starting from NOW. Your guidance is very very much appreciated.

        Thanks & Rgds, a desperate mummy.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • S Offline
          sall
          last edited by

          janet_lee88:
          Hi P6 students of 1999,

          Congrats on completion of PSLE :rahrah: ... first major exam in your life.
          Now that you are done, I would like to get your valuable advice how to handle this. Starting from NOW. Your guidance is very very much appreciated.

          Thanks & Rgds, a desperate mummy.
          If I remember correctly, your child is in P5 this yr. SA2 is just over, and you're worrying about next yr PSLE? Isn't it too soon to worry?
          RELAX LAH! šŸ˜‚

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • B Offline
            BeContented
            last edited by

            sall:
            janet_lee88:

            Hi P6 students of 1999,

            Congrats on completion of PSLE :rahrah: ... first major exam in your life.
            Now that you are done, I would like to get your valuable advice how to handle this. Starting from NOW. Your guidance is very very much appreciated.

            Thanks & Rgds, a desperate mummy.

            If I remember correctly, your child is in P5 this yr. SA2 is just over, and you're worrying about next yr PSLE? Isn't it too soon to worry?
            RELAX LAH! šŸ˜‚

            šŸ˜‰
            Because of mommies like Janet, nuar mommies like me can relax relax a bit more. Can always depend on Janet to start the ball rolling and many of us will benefit, quite lucky leh :rahrah:
            Can lah can lah, nevermind lah.....she happy, we happy also.

            PS : But hor, 1999 ?? Janet, you need to rest a bit..... :rotflmao:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • janet88J Offline
              janet88
              last edited by

              sall:
              janet_lee88:

              Now that you are done, I would like to get your valuable advice how to handle this. Starting from NOW. Your guidance is very very much appreciated.


              Thanks & Rgds, a desperate mummy.

              If I remember correctly, your child is in P5 this yr. SA2 is just over, and you're worrying about next yr PSLE? Isn't it too soon to worry?
              RELAX LAH! šŸ˜‚

              How to relax ?
              Son flunk Math leh. PSLE is just 10 months away :nailbite:

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • I Offline
                iFirefly
                last edited by

                BeContented:
                sall:

                [quote=\"janet_lee88\"]Hi P6 students of 1999,

                Congrats on completion of PSLE :rahrah: ... first major exam in your life.
                Now that you are done, I would like to get your valuable advice how to handle this. Starting from NOW. Your guidance is very very much appreciated.

                Thanks & Rgds, a desperate mummy.

                If I remember correctly, your child is in P5 this yr. SA2 is just over, and you're worrying about next yr PSLE? Isn't it too soon to worry?
                RELAX LAH! šŸ˜‚

                šŸ˜‰
                Because of mommies like Janet, nuar mommies like me can relax relax a bit more. Can always depend on Janet to start the ball rolling and many of us will benefit, quite lucky leh :rahrah:

                Can lah can lah, nevermind lah.....she happy, we happy also.

                PS : But hor, 1999 ?? Janet, you need to rest a bit..... :rotflmao:[/quote]Think Janet meant kids born in 1999 lah (they took PSLE this year 2011)..

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • S Offline
                  sall
                  last edited by

                  janet_lee88:


                  How to relax ?
                  Son flunk Math leh. PSLE is just 10 months away :nailbite:
                  Give him some time to recharge battery, then check which are the topics he's weak in, then get him to work on those weak topics. šŸ˜„

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • janet88J Offline
                    janet88
                    last edited by

                    Hi ladies,

                    My son has been playing since 1st Nov. Told him I will be giving him time off. But deep down, i am also hoping he would pick up a book to read instead of PLAYING all the time. Very disappointing. Even Math tutor is upset he lost 10 marks on careless mistakes !!! Working correct but instead of 15, he wrote something else. Already told him he has to buck up or else tutor will quit :stompfeet:

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • M Offline
                      momkong1968
                      last edited by

                      Can someone advise what should I do? My DS is doing PSLE 2012...


                      1. When I put my son in class tuition, he talked too much, teacher put him at the back of the class and no improvement in grades. Past 6 mths I paid for 1to1 tuition 2x/week and he failed EL & CL and borderline for SC and MA (w/o improvement). What else can I do?

                      2. Everytime after taking every papers, he confidently claimed that the paper was easy and he would score at least 70 (except CL). How do I diagnosis what went wrong? Should I change tutor before it is too late?

                      3. EL/SC/MA same tutor, CL Chinese national tutor. My DS always failed in the CL compre section (avg 2/10, this SA2 9/34). He can read but just couldn't pick the answers from text and worst, when he has to write his opinion/comments on the morale of the story etc., he's clueless.

                      I am desperate now 😢

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • Z Offline
                        zeemimi
                        last edited by

                        momkong1968:
                        Can someone advise what should I do? My DS is doing PSLE 2012...


                        1. When I put my son in class tuition, he talked too much, teacher put him at the back of the class and no improvement in grades. Past 6 mths I paid for 1to1 tuition 2x/week and he failed EL & CL and borderline for SC and MA (w/o improvement). What else can I do?

                        2. Everytime after taking every papers, he confidently claimed that the paper was easy and he would score at least 70 (except CL). How do I diagnosis what went wrong? Should I change tutor before it is too late?

                        3. EL/SC/MA same tutor, CL Chinese national tutor. My DS always failed in the CL compre section (avg 2/10, this SA2 9/34). He can read but just couldn't pick the answers from text and worst, when he has to write his opinion/comments on the morale of the story etc., he's clueless.

                        I am desperate now 😢
                        There may be 2 problem areas:

                        1) Son's attitude. You hv to check on that, his attitude towards studies, life, etc.

                        2) The tutors. Are they qualified? Is the Chinese national tutor aware of MOE's requirement for chinese? Getting a chinese tutor to stimulate interest in chinese and to help a child academically is different.

                        Also, is the EMS tutor qualified? How is the tuition conducted? Does the tutor try to identify his weakness in certain topics and work on these?

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 36
                        • 37
                        • 38
                        • 39
                        • 40
                        • 80
                        • 81
                        • 38 / 81
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        sharonkhooS
                        sharonkhoo

                        Statistics

                        5

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy