All About Preparing For PSLE
-
vivocitykid:
PSLE is very near. My Dd keeps telling me that she hates herself. Reason is why must she sit for PSLE
:imdrowning:
Already very close to Prelim & PSLE. She might not have much time left for revision. The most important thing to do now is to give her confidence & lots of encouragement so that she could do her best on exam days. All the best to your Dd! Jia You! :rahrah: -
mummy so kiasu:
Glad to know your son has recovered. I did think of eating durians...but before I even eat it, I am feeling so hot. Headache and shoulders aching a lot.
Thanks Janet, my boy has just recovered.janet_lee88:
Hi mummy so kiasu,
Hope your boy recovers soon.
I've started him on cod liver oil and vit C. Weather very hot again, so I'm pumping him with either barley or sugar cane. No more fried food come August. -
janet_lee88:
Glad to know your son has recovered. I did think of eating durians...but before I even eat it, I am feeling so hot. Headache and shoulders aching a lot.[/quote]Oh dear! Maybe save it for year end, when the weather gets better. Durians are our favourite but we have to practice self control for the time being. Take care of yourself.
Thanks Janet, my boy has just recovered.mummy so kiasu:
[quote=\"janet_lee88\"]Hi mummy so kiasu,
Hope your boy recovers soon.
I've started him on cod liver oil and vit C. Weather very hot again, so I'm pumping him with either barley or sugar cane. No more fried food come August. -
mummy so kiasu:
Thanks mummy so kiasu.vivocitykid:
PSLE is very near. My Dd keeps telling me that she hates herself. Reason is why must she sit for PSLE
:imdrowning:
Already very close to Prelim & PSLE. She might not have much time left for revision. The most important thing to do now is to give her confidence so that she could do her best on exam days. All the best to your Dd! Jia You! :rahrah:
I'm praying hard as well...
-
mummy so kiasu:
4 more weeks to PSLE oral. Try taking \"Luo Han Guo\" drinks and star fruit and pineapple juice. If feverish, boil green bean water. That is boil water and after boiled, switch off the fire. Put green bean and cover for 15 min. After 15 min, pour the water and ready to drink. This also helps to cool body.
Thanks Janet, my boy has just recovered. Hope he will be fine on Prelim & PSLE days. He has been falling sick very often recently & I have been boiling barley water often too. The china barley is more cooling than the pearl barley. Just store my fridge with lot of kiwi fruits & yogurt. Have to force him to sleep earlier & ban deep fried food. Don't even dare to buy durians, although tempted at times.janet_lee88:
Hi mummy so kiasu,
Hope your boy recovers soon.
I've started him on cod liver oil and vit C. Weather very hot again, so I'm pumping him with either barley or sugar cane. No more fried food come August.
Take care all PSLE kids! -
vivocitykid:
4 more weeks to PSLE oral. Try taking \"Luo Han Guo\" drinks and star fruit and pineapple juice. If feverish, boil green bean water. That is boil water and after boiled, switch off the fire. Put green bean and cover for 15 min.
Thanks Janet, my boy has just recovered. Hope he will be fine on Prelim & PSLE days. He has been falling sick very often recently & I have been boiling barley water often too. The china barley is more cooling than the pearl barley. Just store my fridge with lot of kiwi fruits & yogurt. Have to force him to sleep earlier & ban deep fried food. Don't even dare to buy durians, although tempted at times.mummy so kiasu:
[quote=\"janet_lee88\"]Hi mummy so kiasu,
Hope your boy recovers soon.
I've started him on cod liver oil and vit C. Weather very hot again, so I'm pumping him with either barley or sugar cane. No more fried food come August.
After 15 min, pour the water and ready to drink. This also helps to cool
body. Take care all PSLE kids![/quote]Just cover for 15 mins without boiling the green bean? Any different between boiled & unboiled green bean? Someone told me to boil pearl barley water for only 20 mins or it will turn heaty instead of cooling. -
My son has fever and sore throat last night…so I kept him at home today. Much better this morn, so he revised a little. Weather is so hot hot hot !!! Typhoon in HK, flood in China but we are sweating buckets here…oh dear.
Anyway mummies, do take care of yourselves too. -
janet_lee88:
Oh dear, make sure he rest well & drink well. Hope he gets well soon. My boy is busy clearing his backlog after he has recovered from fever. A lot of homework to clear. You take care too.My son has fever and sore throat last night...so I kept him at home today. Much better this morn, so he revised a little. Weather is so hot hot hot !!! Typhoon in HK, flood in China but we are sweating buckets here...oh dear.
Anyway mummies, do take care of yourselves too. -
4 more weeks to PSLE oral. Try taking "Luo Han Guo" drinks and star fruit and pineapple juice. If feverish, boil green bean water. That is boil water and after boiled, switch off the fire. Put green bean and cover for 15 min.
After 15 min, pour the water and ready to drink. This also helps to cool
body. Take care all PSLE kids![/quote]
Just cover for 15 mins without boiling the green bean? Any different between boiled & unboiled green bean? Someone told me to boil pearl barley water for only 20 mins or it will turn heaty instead of cooling.[/quote]
Heard that unboiled green bean will preserve enzyme which is good for immune system. Especially having fever, drinking unboiled green bean drinks will help to cool down and bring down body temperature. Normally when my child is having fever bet 37.5 to 38.5, just drinks unboiled green bean drinks two to three times a day. Then I apply Vicks on her chest and neck without giving paracetamol. I only give paracetamol if fever is > 38.5.
Janet, you may wish to give unboiled green bean drinks to your son. Hope he is well soon. -
janet_lee88:
Hope your son is feeling better today, Janet. The bug that is going around is quite nasty - DD got it two weeks ago and I got it from her.My son has fever and sore throat last night...so I kept him at home today. Much better this morn, so he revised a little. Weather is so hot hot hot !!! Typhoon in HK, flood in China but we are sweating buckets here...oh dear.
Anyway mummies, do take care of yourselves too.
She already had the flu jab some more!
But I realise that post the flu jab, she recovers faster - so I still recommend that for those yet to be vaccinated.
No chicken essense for us - too heaty. Am giving her American Ginseng instead - it's cooling and perfect for our HOT weather.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login