All About Preparing For Primary One
-
janet_lee88:
Hi janet_lee88,Hi RRMummy,
My dearest princess came home yesterday telling me how her kindy teacher separated all of them before spelling and she got all 5 words correct. Well, it boosted her confidence. Sometimes, just something as simple as sitting arrangement can affect a child.
Anyway, I plan to use these 2 terms to get her to adjust to P1 by sitting down to get work done. She has been rather relaxed for the early part of the year. So even if there is NO CA/SA, I want to build her foundation for all 3 subjects.
That is super great news! Confidence level is super important. The all correct is an additional bonus.
Good planning. We both must jia you jia you.
Thanks for sharing!! You've just made my day. :celebrate: -
Hi RRMummy,
Thanks for your advice...my darling came home today telling me her tingxie is all correct as well. Her confidence built up...all because her teacher has separated them...she could think slowly how the words/characters are written instead of being rushed by classmates who are well-versed in spelling.
Appreciate your help for asking the teacher about the seating arrangements. We must encourage each other. JIA YOU. :rahrah: -
janet_lee88:
:oops: No advice... just me sharing my experience..Hi RRMummy,
Thanks for your advice...my darling came home today telling me her tingxie is all correct as well. Her confidence built up...all because her teacher has separated them...she could think slowly how the words/characters are written instead of being rushed by classmates who are well-versed in spelling.
Appreciate your help for asking the teacher about the seating arrangements. We must encourage each other. JIA YOU. :rahrah:
I did nothing dear. U spoke to the teacher and made the change possible.
:rahrah: :rahrah: for your DD & :rahrah: :rahrah: for you too.
Jia you! Jia You! :hugs: -
Oh now I remember.
Popular is selling the ‘My Pals are Here’ Homework book for P1 and 2…used to be sold only in school bookshops. I find it ironic that it’s sold in Popular now, when there are no more Eng textbooks.
With daughter in afternoon session, I will have to plan a time-table to coach her next year. Most prob she will take a nap on the way home after school…hopefully she can then finish any homework she might have and then mornings will be for some revision. -
RRMummy,
The fundamentals are so crucial at lower primary, and times are SO different.
I am fortunate to have ‘landed a permanent no-pay leave’ to be a SAHM to attend to my kids. HaHaHa. -
janet_lee88:
I am fortunate to have 'landed a permanent no-pay leave' to be a SAHM to attend to my kids. HaHaHa.
Woww. .lucky you... I can only dream abt it...
:ugogirl: -
RRMummy:
Babe, this is a thankless job. Given a choice, I would want to be a FTWM...pastures are always greener on the other end. With both of them at home in the afternoon, I am very frustrated :clubmyself: and by night time, my patience is worn out and sometimes vent on the kids, then feel very very guiltyjanet_lee88:
I am fortunate to have 'landed a permanent no-pay leave' to be a SAHM to attend to my kids. HaHaHa.
Woww. .lucky you... I can only dream abt it...
:ugogirl:
-
janet_lee88:
Babe, this is a thankless job. Given a choice, I would want to be a FTWM...pastures are always greener on the other end. With both of them at home in the afternoon, I am very frustrated :clubmyself: and by night time, my patience is worn out and sometimes vent on the kids, then feel very very guiltyRRMummy:
[quote=\"janet_lee88\"] I am fortunate to have 'landed a permanent no-pay leave' to be a SAHM to attend to my kids. HaHaHa.
Woww. .lucky you... I can only dream abt it...
:ugogirl:
[/quote]Dont be hard on urself girl. :roll:
I always say easier to be a FTWM than a SAHM.
Seriously u need to take some time off from them atleast once a week to be a good mom. Hard to do since everything else seems more important than u but remember u are need it too. -
janet_lee88:
:snuggles: yeah, Sun is right, don't be so hard on yourself.. if it makes you fell better, I also have my days of short fuse and guilt.. :oops:
Babe, this is a thankless job. Given a choice, I would want to be a FTWM...pastures are always greener on the other end. With both of them at home in the afternoon, I am very frustrated :clubmyself: and by night time, my patience is worn out and sometimes vent on the kids, then feel very very guilty
-
Hi Mummies,
Thanks for your consolation.
I was dreading the thought of both of them in different sessions next year, thinking that my days of peace in the morns are over. But with them fighting over everything in the afternoon, I think the different sessions is A BLESSING IN DISGUISE.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login