All About Preparing For Primary One
-
Hi Callie,
Where do you send for Maths enrichment centre? Can you recommend?Callie Tan:
My girl is in P1 this year.
Based on my experience, I think you are doing a fine job so far... As long as kids go to pre school, they are more or less ready for P1 because topics cover in first semester are very similar to what they will be learning in K2... I did buy some assessment books for my girl when she was in K2 because she had so much free time after school. Whether to draw up a time table is subjective... it definitely incultivate good habits which may be ideal when he starts P1.
Preparation for P1 courses start around aug so if you are keen you can keep a look out during that time, it's too early now. I did send my girl for P1 english preparation classes at TLL (thought it was good) and chinese and maths at other enrichment centres... I don't think it is necessary for such courses but if you have time and $$$, it is good curriculum to start early... As i mentioned, P1 work not so \"siong\" lah... -
i3mum:
Currently my girl is with Concept Maths at goldhill plaza... She was with them since K2 where she did their integrative course (combination of Arts, General knowledge, Maths & English)... Now she is doing P1 Maths. Concept Maths emphasizes on the grasping of basic maths concepts.Hi Callie,
Where do you send for Maths enrichment centre? Can you recommend?Callie Tan:
My girl is in P1 this year.
Based on my experience, I think you are doing a fine job so far... As long as kids go to pre school, they are more or less ready for P1 because topics cover in first semester are very similar to what they will be learning in K2... I did buy some assessment books for my girl when she was in K2 because she had so much free time after school. Whether to draw up a time table is subjective... it definitely incultivate good habits which may be ideal when he starts P1.
Preparation for P1 courses start around aug so if you are keen you can keep a look out during that time, it's too early now. I did send my girl for P1 english preparation classes at TLL (thought it was good) and chinese and maths at other enrichment centres... I don't think it is necessary for such courses but if you have time and $$$, it is good curriculum to start early... As i mentioned, P1 work not so \"siong\" lah...
Where do you stay? -
Hi Callie,
I have pm you.Callie Tan:
Currently my girl is with Concept Maths at goldhill plaza... She was with them since K2 where she did their integrative course (combination of Arts, General knowledge, Maths & English)... Now she is doing P1 Maths. Concept Maths emphasizes on the grasping of basic maths concepts.
Where do you stay? -
hello Callie,
may i know the name of this place that teach Concept maths at goldhill ?
you have the telephone number ? how you find it ?
thanks for info !

-
greenbean2011:
I have PMed you the details, pls check.hello Callie,
may i know the name of this place that teach Concept maths at goldhill ?
you have the telephone number ? how you find it ?
thanks for info !

-
anyone attending any p1 seminars?
-
Kissgurami:
anyone attending any p1 seminars?
May I know what P1 seminars you are referring to? -
Callie Tan:
Young Parents Seminar held this month at MarriotKissgurami:
anyone attending any p1 seminars?
May I know what P1 seminars you are referring to?
-
Kissgurami:
Young Parents Seminar held this month at Marriot :D[/quote]Oh? Am not aware... is it for P1 kids this year or next year? Where to find more info?Callie Tan:
[quote=\"Kissgurami\"]anyone attending any p1 seminars?
May I know what P1 seminars you are referring to? -
Callie Tan:
Oh? Am not aware... is it for P1 kids this year or next year? Where to find more info?
Here you are....registration on first come first serve basis. Registration and payment made is on-line
http://www.youngparents.com.sg/event/2011/03/p1seminar/
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better š
Register Login