Integrated Programme (IP)
-
Thanks traineeks,
If the IP started in 2004, how can they receive their A level results in 2008 ?
They are referring to 4 year IP program ? -
VitoRelax:
They started taking in students who were in S3 for their first batch if I recalled correctly. Which means they took the 'through-train' program but did not start from S1.Thanks traineeks,
If the IP started in 2004, how can they receive their A level results in 2008 ?
They are referring to 4 year IP program ? -
mrswongtuition:
ya, same for NUSH which started with Year 3 intake.
They started taking in students who were in S3 for their first batch if I recalled correctly. Which means they took the 'through-train' program but did not start from S1.VitoRelax:
Thanks traineeks,
If the IP started in 2004, how can they receive their A level results in 2008 ?
They are referring to 4 year IP program ? -
mrswongtuition:
So, am I correct to say that the first batch of students doing a 6 year IP program in Singapore have not yet sit for their A Level exams ?
They started taking in students who were in S3 for their first batch if I recalled correctly. Which means they took the 'through-train' program but did not start from S1.VitoRelax:
Thanks traineeks,
If the IP started in 2004, how can they receive their A level results in 2008 ?
They are referring to 4 year IP program ?
Thanks -
The first batch of IP was S3 2004, graduated from JC2/IB/Y6 end-2007.
Subsequently, S1 IP was introduced in 2005, along with DSA. (See, for example, http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/press/2004/pr20041122c.htm.)
This means that the first batch of 6-year IP students will sit for their A-levels 2010, as you have guessed. -
autolycus:
Errr.... file not found leh ...
Subsequently, S1 IP was introduced in 2005, along with DSA. (See, for example, http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/press/2004/pr20041122c.htm.)
[quote]This means that the first batch of 6-year IP students will sit for their A-levels 2010, as you have guessed.[/quote]This first batch of 6 yr IP, in 2009, they were in Year5. At that time:
a) they start Year 5 later waiting for their counterparts from O Levels joining them OR
b) they start first, then those coming from O Levels gotta catch up OR
c) both sets of students are taught differently ?
Thanks -
autolycus:
Just to share, I think the first batch of IP students have already done their A levels in 2009.The first batch of IP was S3 2004, graduated from JC2/IB/Y6 end-2007.
Subsequently, S1 IP was introduced in 2005, along with DSA. (See, for example, http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/press/2004/pr20041122c.htm.)
This means that the first batch of 6-year IP students will sit for their A-levels 2010, as you have guessed.
I have a cousin who was born in 1991. He went on to RI after PSLE and I remember him being the first in my extended family to go the IP route, so based on that, he finished his A levels last year, now waiting for his A level results, so I think the 2009 A levels were the first batch of FULL IP from Sec 1.
http://app.sis.moe.gov.sg/schinfo/ipProg.asp -
xxjustakidxx:
[/quote]I have friends that got into I spark that are not in GEP and has aggregate as low as only 262+3.
In HCI, the SBGE program is hosted and housed under the iSpark consortium. ISpark is only open to GEP students and a few top APMOPS platinum from mainsteam.traineeks:
[quote=\"xxjustakidxx\"]Not true, like for HCI, the SBGE is not only meant for GEP pupils, if pupils achieve a average score of 1.5, they can qualify for it. Furthermore, DHS' scores are higher, much higher.
And the raffles academy too.
The selection are all done at the end of sec 2.
Here is a link on SGBE from HCI website:
http://www.hwachong.edu.sg/ContentPage.asp?TID=55
Here is a link on iSpark:
http://www.hci.sg/ispark/2009/
I think what you are refering to is CSE (Centre of Scholastic Excellence). CSE is focused on a particular academic area and application is open to all students in upper secondary with the acceptable scores. SBGE on the other hand also touches on non academic areas like leadership.
CSE may overlap with SBGE but it is not SBGE by itself.
Here is a link on CSE in HCI:
http://cse.hci.edu.sg/
They are not some winners too.[/quote
Yes, they are some high score, above 270 that are not in I-sparks too -
25hourmaid:
But I cannot find in this link that actually says when the first 6 yr IP program was started leh ?[
Just to share, I think the first batch of IP students have already done their A levels in 2009.
I have a cousin who was born in 1991. He went on to RI after PSLE and I remember him being the first in my extended family to go the IP route, so based on that, he finished his A levels last year, now waiting for his A level results, so I think the 2009 A levels were the first batch of FULL IP from Sec 1.
http://app.sis.moe.gov.sg/schinfo/ipProg.asp -
VitoRelax:
Isn't this line what you are looking for?
But I cannot find in this link that actually says when the first 6 yr IP program was started leh ?
The IP will be offered at the following schools/JCs from 2004 leading to their respective pre-university qualifications.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login