mooncakes
-
Plus the nice boxes.

-
Oh yes, packaging. To be honest, this year’s packaging not so interesting and innovative… I think MBS stuck to last year’s design.
-
Hi,
Thought I’d share this with you.
For those staying in the West, I would like to recommend the mooncakes from Nice Bakery at Blk 281 Bt Batok East Ave 3, near NTUC Fairprice.
I started buying mooncakes from there last year and yesterday I bought from them again. We ate it last night and it was yummy! Not too sweet. My kids love it. I find it even better than some of those famous brands. Only thing is their packaging is plain and does not come with frills like dessicant or individual plastic wrapping.
Btw, their CNY cookies are great too! -
cherrygal:
$30? The price was lower last year...guess prices for everything went up..except for my salaryMMM:
My kids and I actually like 大中国lotus paste (no yolk). Don't know what is the price this year but it's simple indulgence and probably not as expensive?
We went to the Tai Chong Kok factory at Ubi and it was already $30 for 4 lotus paste mooncakes (no yolks) without any box. My dad likes to eat this and he didn't need the box so it was just rolled in paper. So old school.
It was $32 with one yolk, no box.
If you are intending to give the cakes as a gift, Bengawan Solo's mooncakes seem like a prettier alternative coz it costs $32 for no yolks and comes in a metal box. And UOB card holders get additional 10% off.
Sticky to the mouth? I didn't eat so I don't know.
I have been buying Inter Continential mooncakes for past 2 years for a neighbour. I din eat it but my colleagues who bought them commented they are delicious. My colleague who tried the one from Fullerton oso commented they taste v good, tink it is the nutty (5 nuts) kind. However, need to get it early but it sells fast. -
musette:
Blk 281 is near my work place. Will drop by n try. Thanks for the recommendation.Hi,
Thought I'd share this with you.
For those staying in the West, I would like to recommend the mooncakes from Nice Bakery at Blk 281 Bt Batok East Ave 3, near NTUC Fairprice.
I started buying mooncakes from there last year and yesterday I bought from them again. We ate it last night and it was yummy! Not too sweet. My kids love it. I find it even better than some of those famous brands. Only thing is their packaging is plain and does not come with frills like dessicant or individual plastic wrapping.
Btw, their CNY cookies are great too! -
Called mum & she said no need to buy for her, mentioning nowadays mooncakes are either too sweet or too filling after consuming them. Think will give her $$ to buy whatever she wants instead.

-
Mychildren:
Called mum & she said no need to buy for her, mentioning nowadays mooncakes are either too sweet or too filling after consuming them. Think will give her $$ to buy whatever she wants instead.

My mom and in-laws and other relatives also reminded DH and me not to buy any moon cakes for them coz nobody eats them due to health reasons.....excessive sugar. Have bought pomeloes and Pu-Er tea leaves for them instead. Healthier choice.
Looks like this year really save a lot of money....they certainly dun come cheap as most mooncakes are mediocre but charge an arm or a leg.
I intend to learn how to make my own moon cakes next year. -
mummylow,
Can put up recipe here when u start to make? Of course, when u’re free & no obligation. Kekeke -
Mychildren:
Sure, an aunt of mine made some snow skin ones two weeks ago. They were very good and she is going to pass her gung-fu to me.mummylow,
Can put up recipe here when u start to make? Of course, when u're free & no obligation. Kekeke
Will post and share recipe when my moon cakes 可以见人!
-
mommylow,
My mum has worked in chinese restaurant before & she told me not to buy snowskin ones cause she saw the chefs used bare hands to knead the skin. Further, they were not baked in oven (whereby the germs are killed). Think she must c their hands not so clean when doing that so always remind us not to buy.
Frankly speaking, I prefer snowskin ones, easier to chew. Lazy me even when eating… kekeke
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login