DSA 2012
-
ks2011:
To some parents or students, there are only 4 Sec SCHOOLs in Singapore. Two boy schools and two girl schools. if can't get into any of these schools, any other schools are the same, it doesn't matter anymore....
I agree. Seems logical. However, after psle exams, you are in a better position to accept or reject offer from the 2nd choice school. The 2nd school is a plan B in case you do badly in psle.Nebbermind:
Sometimes I wonder why still go for the dsa if having so much doubts...given these are also very good schools. Personally, it's a waste of everyone's time having a go at other schools when ultimately, there's only one school that matters.
Ok...it's yr choice, not mine :imcool:
-
Ok I kuasuest. Reserved books for yr 1 for your Dsa kids now. RI queue is open.
-
Ok I kuasuest. Reserved books for yr 1 for your Dsa kids now. RI queue is open.
-
May i know which school is called HCI?? read about this school offers DSA for CO and my girl is in CO now. Have called NYGH and Dunman High, they confirmed accepting CO students via DSA. May I know which other schools accept CO students via DSA? And I think that which instruments our kids are playing is crucial to whether they will be selected or not right? My girl is playing the cello… Please advise.
-
GoodDad:
[/quote]GoodDad, he has yet to make up his mind. Right now, it's 80% the less popular school. He's going for the camp tmr, not sure will become 100% when he return.
So, in the end which school did your DS choose?Will he do it again to choose the \"less popular\" one or the one that produces the most president scholars?yukilei:
[quote=\"GoodDad\"]
GoodDad, like what the others have said, it all depend on the maturity of the kids.
I actually allow my DS to make decision on his choice of school since P1. I brought him to 2 primary schools and told him some info of the 2 schools. In the end, he made the decision to go to a primary school whereby the academic result is not so good. But he's happy there.
Then when he was being selected for GEP, again he was given 2 choices of schools, he again made the decision to go for one with lower academic result. & he is happy there.
Now, he's again given 2 choices of sec schools. I'll definitely leave it to him to decide but will offer my opinions.
I think most importantly, if parents decide to allow their DC to make decisions, parents should respect the decision. Do not ever bring up those words of \"if\" or \"should have\" (like you should have chosen the other sch, etc) subsequently when the DC do not do well in the choice of schools. -
Callie Tan:
May i know which school is called HCI?? read about this school offers DSA for CO and my girl is in CO now. Have called NYGH and Dunman High, they confirmed accepting CO students via DSA. May I know which other schools accept CO students via DSA? And I think that which instruments our kids are playing is crucial to whether they will be selected or not right? My girl is playing the cello... Please advise.
Haha... To help you get the picture right, Please read the forum from the start. CO does not mean what you think it means. It's certainly doesn't mean Chinese Orchetra:). Lol. -
Callie Tan:
May i know which school is called HCI?? read about this school offers DSA for CO and my girl is in CO now. Have called NYGH and Dunman High, they confirmed accepting CO students via DSA. May I know which other schools accept CO students via DSA? And I think that which instruments our kids are playing is crucial to whether they will be selected or not right? My girl is playing the cello... Please advise.
Haha... To help you get the picture right, Please read the forum from the start. CO does not mean what you think it means. It's certainly doesn't mean Chinese Orchetra:). Lol. -
ultimateschooler:
Yes i believe she meant CO = 华乐团 using google translate HCI = 华中.Callie Tan:
May i know which school is called HCI?? read about this school offers DSA for CO and my girl is in CO now. Have called NYGH and Dunman High, they confirmed accepting CO students via DSA. May I know which other schools accept CO students via DSA? And I think that which instruments our kids are playing is crucial to whether they will be selected or not right? My girl is playing the cello... Please advise.
Haha... To help you get the picture right, Please read the forum from the start. CO does not mean what you think it means. It's certainly doesn't mean Chinese Orchetra:). Lol. -
ultimateschooler:
There are more than thousand pages... I attempted to read but I need to make a decision by this Friday hence would really appreciate any relevant info regarding my questions. Thanks.Callie Tan:
May i know which school is called HCI?? read about this school offers DSA for CO and my girl is in CO now. Have called NYGH and Dunman High, they confirmed accepting CO students via DSA. May I know which other schools accept CO students via DSA? And I think that which instruments our kids are playing is crucial to whether they will be selected or not right? My girl is playing the cello... Please advise.
Haha... To help you get the picture right, Please read the forum from the start. CO does not mean what you think it means. It's certainly doesn't mean Chinese Orchetra:). Lol. -
Hi Callie Tan,
HCI is Hwa Chong Insitution. Is your child ds or dd because HCI from sec 1-4 is for boys only. Girls only go in at JC 1- JC2.
In this thread, from what I have read so far, is more on DSA via sports or academics and CO refers more to Confirmed Offer, meaning the kid is successful in obtaining a place in the particular school should the kids accept the CO. CO in this thread does not usually mean Chinese Orchestra.
Here's a thread on DSA via Aesthetic route. http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=27685&hilit=DSA+aesthetic
You might find more relevant information or/and forummers who can help with your queries.
cheers
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login