Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    DSA 2012

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Secondary Schools - Selection
    5.5k Posts 388 Posters 3.2m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • B Offline
      bupashu
      last edited by

      mamona:
      MeKiasuLeh:

      [quote=\"mamona\"]
      Yes I also want to know what are we supposed to do now
      If our kids are accepted via DSA. Do we need to contact the
      school or what? Can someone give some info.

      I supposed you have received on 22nd Oct and submitted (by Oct 27th) the preference form in which you rank your choice of schools if you have more than one COs and/or WLs. If so then you will be notified just like those participating in the S1 posting. If you contact the school then you probably will get the same thing that I put here. So relax.

      Thanks so much for your clarification. Yes I did the online submission by 27th Oct. So now I have to do nothing only need to appear on 20th Dec to the school right?[/quote]any 3rd lang selection to be done online ?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • R Offline
        Rational_Parent
        last edited by

        mamona:
        Thanks so much for your clarification. Yes I did the online submission by 27th Oct. So now I have to do nothing only need to appear on 20th Dec to the school right?

        If you are successful in the DSA then the school allocated to you, the date and time to report, and so on (e.g. 3rd language, HMT, EESIS eligibility,etc) will be indicated in the reply slip when you collect the PLSE result. If you are unsuccessful then you will have to submit the S1 posting form instead indicating the 6 choices of schools.

        So do you have the reply slip indicating the above? If not then something may be amiss.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • T Offline
          Thinker
          last edited by

          bupashu:
          mamona:

          [quote=\"MeKiasuLeh\"]
          Yes I also want to know what are we supposed to do now
          If our kids are accepted via DSA. Do we need to contact the
          school or what? Can someone give some info.

          Thanks so much for your clarification. Yes I did the online submission by 27th Oct. So now I have to do nothing only need to appear on 20th Dec to the school right?


          any 3rd lang selection to be done online ?[/quote]
          If u are successful in DSA allocation and was given 3rd lang eligibility, do we still need to log on to reply if we decide not to take up the 3rd lang?

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • M Offline
            mamona
            last edited by

            MeKiasuLeh:
            mamona:

            Thanks so much for your clarification. Yes I did the online submission by 27th Oct. So now I have to do nothing only need to appear on 20th Dec to the school right?


            If you are successful in the DSA then the school allocated to you, the date and time to report, and so on (e.g. 3rd language, HMT, EESIS eligibility,etc) will be indicated in the reply slip when you collect the PLSE result. If you are unsuccessful then you will have to submit the S1 posting form instead indicating the 6 choices of schools.

            So do you have the reply slip indicating the above? If not then something may be amiss.


            He he sorry I didn't open the reply slip thought it is only for Secondary posting exercise. Yes now I checked third language optin & DSA school names all are mentioned there.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • K Offline
              krz
              last edited by

              my dd is offered hmtl n 3rd lang

              she will b joinin e ip prog

              can some1 advise, wat role does hmtl play during A level, if we take it

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • J Offline
                jtoh
                last edited by

                krz:
                my dd is offered hmtl n 3rd lang

                she will b joinin e ip prog

                can some1 advise, wat role does hmtl play during A level, if we take it
                Someone answered your question in another thread coz you posted there as well. Here's the answer again. If you pass O level HMTL, you will not need to take the HMTL in JC.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • IcymummyI Offline
                  Icymummy
                  last edited by

                  Sorry I’m totally confused by this DSA thing. My child will be in Pri 6 in 2013. I’ve some questions to ask.


                  1) If the child is accepted via DSA but did not score the school’s cut off point. How?
                  2) I saw from some threads that their child brought portfolio to the DSA for interview. Must the child do a portfolio? What must it include?
                  3) Do we go to the school’s open house 1st then we choose to register for the DSA? or do we register for DSA during their open hse?
                  4) Must the child score above 80% for every subjects since pri 4 to apply for DSA?
                  5) Have any of ur DS gone for DSA for RI,HCI,NUS High & ACS (I)? Can please share your experiences?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • K Offline
                    Koh-i-Noor
                    last edited by

                    Icymummy:
                    Sorry I'm totally confused by this DSA thing. My child will be in Pri 6 in 2013. I've some questions to ask.


                    1) If the child is accepted via DSA but did not score the school's cut off point. How?
                    2) I saw from some threads that their child brought portfolio to the DSA for interview. Must the child do a portfolio? What must it include?
                    3) Do we go to the school's open house 1st then we choose to register for the DSA? or do we register for DSA during their open hse?
                    4) Must the child score above 80% for every subjects since pri 4 to apply for DSA?
                    5) Have any of ur DS gone for DSA for RI,HCI,NUS High & ACS (I)? Can please share your experiences?

                    hi, Icymummy,

                    I supposed you are referring to DSA thru academic route,

                    1) Once a DSA's place being offered, and your DC accepted the Offer, the only condition is your DC has to be eligible to Express Stream ( T Score of not less than 200 ) NOT the COP, school cut off point, if thats what u mean.

                    2) Depends on which school you apply, some schools require your DC to submit a portfolio. Portfolio of your DC's academic/non academic/community achievement... (Academic= P4, P5, and P6 SA1)

                    3) You can register for their DSA exercise online after attending their Open House or register during their open house.

                    4) Not sure about the 80% consistency from P4, different school assess the DSA applicant differently. (eg. RI and ACSI would conduct a preliminary round of text, something like an EQ text, and successful candidates would go for the second round of test.)

                    Hope this helped.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • IcymummyI Offline
                      Icymummy
                      last edited by

                      Hi Koh-i-Noor,


                      Thank you for explaining.

                      my DS wants to go RI but i've seen his scores (pri5) :nailbite: , yet doesn't want to burst his bubble (hope he will try much harder) 🙏 .
                      We've been asking him why he wants to go RI, but he refused to tell us. Maybe it's the A.C.E program & RI congress he's been to this year.
                      I also don't know if RI wants/needs a portfolio to be done. 😓 :? And how to go about doing it? I'm lost as in I don't know if he should try for DSA at all. :scratchhead:

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • S Offline
                        Sad Person
                        last edited by

                        Icymummy:
                        Hi Koh-i-Noor,


                        Thank you for explaining.

                        my DS wants to go RI but i've seen his scores (pri5) :nailbite: , yet doesn't want to burst his bubble (hope he will try much harder) 🙏 .
                        We've been asking him why he wants to go RI, but he refused to tell us. Maybe it's the A.C.E program & RI congress he's been to this year.
                        I also don't know if RI wants/needs a portfolio to be done. 😓 :? And how to go about doing it? I'm lost as in I don't know if he should try for DSA at all. :scratchhead:
                        He can try and i think he will do his BEST :xedfingers:

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 547
                        • 548
                        • 549
                        • 550
                        • 551
                        • 554
                        • 555
                        • 549 / 555
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        JiunificationJ
                        Jiunification

                        Statistics

                        7

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy