Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Club Breadmakers

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbies & Clubs
    5.5k Posts 151 Posters 1.7m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S Offline
      schweppes
      last edited by

      Er... here's my cheese (rock) bread


      http://postimage.org/image/151zhlv6s/


      ...and how it looks like sliced (it was very crumbly) and was difficult to cut

      http://postimage.org/image/1521557ok/

      :oops:

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • H Offline
        Happy Mama
        last edited by

        schweppes:
        Er... here's my cheese (rock) bread


        http://postimage.org/image/151zhlv6s/


        ...and how it looks like sliced (it was very crumbly) and was difficult to cut

        http://postimage.org/image/1521557ok/

        :oops:
        Hi schweppes.. though this loaf is not so pretty as your other loaves, but at least it was still edible... πŸ˜„

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • S Offline
          schweppes
          last edited by

          LKVM:
          So looks like the cheese bread is the most difficult one :?

          It seems like it.

          I think must really trial and error. If I were bake the cheese bread the next time, I may add a bit more water and cheese. :idea:

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • J Offline
            jtoh
            last edited by

            twinklejoy:
            jtoh:

            [quote=\"twinklejoy\"]

            adoi! so disappointed.
            Ok, Thanks and will update my cheese bread then :boogie:

            Yes please. Hope it's a success so you can tell me what I did wrong.

            I hope so if not : Could someone please try making the Severin cheese loaf and tell me if it's a success so I know if I should blame me or the recipe(copyright from jtoh!) :hi5:[/quote] :lol:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • S Offline
              schweppes
              last edited by

              b2b3m4:
              i remembered someone has a pullman tin. Can u share where u get it, price and roughly what size of bread to bake in? 1.5lb, 2lb?

              I think it was 25hourmaid who mentioned that she has the pullman tin πŸ˜‰

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • J Offline
                jtoh
                last edited by

                schweppes:
                Er... here's my cheese (rock) bread


                http://postimage.org/image/151zhlv6s/


                ...and how it looks like sliced (it was very crumbly) and was difficult to cut

                http://postimage.org/image/1521557ok/

                :oops:
                Hey Schweppes, mine looked like that too. So it's the recipe's fault then. Hurray! I'm not a failure! πŸ˜„

                Did you put onions in? I omitted the onions. Maybe onions give off some water to compensate for the smaller quantity of liquid. Or it could be a typo like you said coz 1/2 cup is significantly less than the other recipes.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • S Offline
                  schweppes
                  last edited by

                  tisha:


                  :hi5:
                  Same here, all these posts are so tempting....

                  I used to be busy with the PSLE thread... but now I seem to spend more time in the foodie thread. Blame it on schweppes with the 'joys of bread baking' article on the home page. Bad influence! I whole heartedly agree.
                  (to quote tankee....)

                  :whut: :itwasntme: I am :imanangel:

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • T Offline
                    twinklejoy
                    last edited by

                    jtoh:
                    schweppes:

                    Er... here's my cheese (rock) bread


                    http://postimage.org/image/151zhlv6s/


                    ...and how it looks like sliced (it was very crumbly) and was difficult to cut

                    http://postimage.org/image/1521557ok/

                    :oops:

                    Hey Schweppes, mine looked like that too. So it's the recipe's fault then. Hurray! I'm not a failure! πŸ˜„

                    Did you put onions in? I omitted the onions. Maybe onions give off some water to compensate for the smaller quantity of liquid. Or it could be a typo like you said coz 1/2 cup is significantly less than the other recipes.

                    yahooo~!! :rahrah: :rahrah: :rahrah:

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • S Offline
                      schweppes
                      last edited by

                      jtoh:

                      Hey Schweppes, mine looked like that too. So it's the recipe's fault then. Hurray! I'm not a failure! πŸ˜„

                      Did you put onions in? I omitted the onions. Maybe onions give off some water to compensate for the smaller quantity of liquid. Or it could be a typo like you said coz 1/2 cup is significantly less than the other recipes.
                      kekeke... looks like it may be the recipe's fault. Maybe we shd increase to 2/3 cup water?

                      No, did not include onions as did not want to have \"oniony\" taste in the bread. U may be right about the onions giving out water and moisture to the bread. Alternatively, we keep the water at 1/2 cup but include whipping cream as suggested by peterch. I wd increase the shredded cheese to 1/2 cup (currently it's only 1/4 cup) for a more cheesy taste.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • S Offline
                        schweppes
                        last edited by

                        Funz:
                        You guys are bad influence. Make me wanna go get a breadmaker now. So far I have been using manual power to make my breads and have kinda stopped for a while. Somehow the breads turn out a bit too yeasty for my liking.


                        Anyways, I use the water roux or Tang Zhong trick to get softer fluffier breads.

                        Been over a year since I last baked any bread.

                        Should I or shouldn't I.... yes, no, yes, no, useful, white elephant, ........
                        Buy... buy... buy... πŸ˜‰

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 163
                        • 164
                        • 165
                        • 166
                        • 167
                        • 545
                        • 546
                        • 165 / 546
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy