Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Club Breadmakers

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbies & Clubs
    5.5k Posts 151 Posters 1.7m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • H Offline
      Happy Mama
      last edited by

      :congrats: Funz on your success! When I bake, I usually use the Regular function mode and I like to adjust crust level down i.e. bake at 3 hr 30 min instead of the standard default 3 hr 40 min. Once it beeps, I will usually leave it in for another 3 to 5 minutes to let crust brown a little.


      Have fun trying out other varieties! :celebrate:

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • J Offline
        jtoh
        last edited by

        Funz:
        Haha. Finally got my first loaf of bread from the machine. I used the soft mode and skipped the milk powder as I did not have any at home and don't think we will like the taste. DH doesn't think that bread is breakfast so between myself and the kids, we only finished 1/2 a loaf.


        One complain though, the soft mode does not have crust selection and I find the crust too thick and hard even though I removed it from the machine immediately after the cycle completes.

        Ok bread experts here, is it ok to stop 10 minutes before the cycle completes so that the crust does not get so thick and hard?

        The kids are asking me for different flavour breads but we still have 1/2 a loaf leh which will be enough for breakfast tomorrow.
        Congrats on your new machine and your first success! 🙂 I've only tried the regular function and I set it to light crust.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • chatelaineC Offline
          chatelaine
          last edited by

          Yup!


          It's indeed good especially it's horizontal. I'm sourcing around for cheaper price.

          LKVM:
          chatelaine:

          Kenwood breadmaker is good though is big in size as compared to Zojirushi. When the bread is almost done, it has a function to garnish the top with toppings.

          Thats very nice to know... :celebrate:

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • A Offline
            Augmum
            last edited by

            Funz:
            Ahdoi! This another :stupid: and 😢 point for me.


            I read in a magazine the the Z cost $428 at major dept stores. Went online and it was the same price. So thought price pretty controlled and too lazy to go downtown to buy. So ordered and delivery was free.

            Yesterday, my sis told me, she saw the Z breadmaker selling in Robinsons at $318. And that is before members discount!!! :moneyflies: :clubmyself: $100 diff, can buy so much bread flour leh.

            Now I consoling myself. That one old model.
            Oh dear, Funz, there's a $100+ difference, din know that u dunno abt the cost.
            i read some of them had gotten it at $295.
            no wonder they can afford for free delivery 😉
            no choice lah, juz bake more to make full use of it, to console yrself.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • corneyAmberC Offline
              corneyAmber
              last edited by

              LKVM, I was at Sun Lik yesterday and saw that they have this multi-coloured sugar crystals for sale. Thought that would look very nice and appetising for the sugar coated buns that you intend to make for your kids.


              Would have loved to snap a photo for you, if the eyes of the owner and worker were not on me. If only there were other customers around to distract them! 😉

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • corneyAmberC Offline
                corneyAmber
                last edited by

                LKVM:
                Is it... Thanks maid for this info...my kids will surely love them.. must go and buy them 😉

                No problem! :love: Thought the multi-coloured sugar crystals would make the buns look very appetising. :celebrate:

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • T Offline
                  twinklejoy
                  last edited by

                  :imanisland: hello all bread kakis!!

                  it's so quiet here 😉
                  anyone baking today/tonight?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • FunzF Offline
                    Funz
                    last edited by

                    All busy baking breads.


                    Am trying the cheese bread minus the onions since the kids don’t quite like the taste of onions. Hope it turns out well.

                    So far have done 3 soft loaf, 1 raisin loaf and now the cheese loaf. Now I know why you guys are like baking a loaf a day.

                    My complain is still the crust, still find it too thick, even when I use the regular function and select light crust and take it out the moment it is done.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • A Offline
                      autumnbronze
                      last edited by

                      Funz:
                      My complain is still the crust, still find it too thick, even when I use the regular function and select light crust and take it out the moment it is done.

                      Hi Funz,

                      Have you tried using the soft function??

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • corneyAmberC Offline
                        corneyAmber
                        last edited by

                        wow…so many loaves of bread have been made!!! Bravo breadclub buddies… I have been non-innovative…

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 380
                        • 381
                        • 382
                        • 383
                        • 384
                        • 545
                        • 546
                        • 382 / 546
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        5

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy