Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Club Breadmakers

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbies & Clubs
    5.5k Posts 151 Posters 1.7m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • H Offline
      Happy Mama
      last edited by

      ksi:
      Happy Mama:

      [quote=\"25hourmaid\"]Haha, welcome to the breadmachine family.


      I set my oven to 175 to 180 and bake for about 20 mins or so, but then again, first of all, you have to know your oven, secondly, have to play by ear and see if the browness is to your liking or not.

      Oh yes, must remember to grease your loaf pan hor! πŸ˜‰

      Eh, but then again, why does tweety17 need to use the oven since she has already bought the z machine and can \"dump\" everything into it? :?

      Sweet bread with fillings need oven to bake cos it is not loaf shape.[/quote] :oops: :oops:

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • H Offline
        Happy Mama
        last edited by

        LKVM:
        Happy Mama:

        Wow 25hourmaid... I'm so envious of all of you... All the bread so nice, except mine :stupid: :stupid: 😞 😞


        Dont worry Happy Mama they have been baking for many years now.. we are just kids in this field so must go slow lah πŸ˜‰

        Haha yup, in time to come, who knows, we might be like them!! :celebrate: :celebrate:

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • H Offline
          Happy Mama
          last edited by

          25hourmaid:
          Happy Mama:

          Oh I see. So to grill bak kwa, what electrical appliance should I get now? :? Oh dear, must spend more $$$ again. πŸ˜‰


          Those table top oven face electric grill. I am using one from Severin, very happy with it. :celebrate:

          Depending on circumstances, we sometimes use charcoal to grill (at BBQ parties) the BK, sometimes use our trusted Severin (for small quantities).

          Ok will check out the Severin Grill when I have the time. Thanks! πŸ˜‰

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • H Offline
            Happy Mama
            last edited by

            LKVM:
            Happy Mama:

            Yes!!! I'm trying my 2nd attempt these few days too πŸ˜‰

            Let's πŸ™ hard that it will be a RISING success :lol: πŸ˜‰

            All the best for the Rising success :celebrate:

            Thank you!!! :xedfingers: :xedfingers:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • corneyAmberC Offline
              corneyAmber
              last edited by

              LKVM:
              Finally finished reading all the back log πŸ˜“


              So we have many breadmaker pro and also converter.. thanks to ksi for starting this thread :salute:
              *tapping my fingers on the table*......why are we waiting? Think we are waiting for you to jump on board!!! πŸ˜‰

              ok ok...no stress, it's just lovely to have you on the breadmaking team, that's all..... If you need help to convince your hubby, give us a buzz....we will post more bread for him to drool over.....that should do the job easily...kekeke....

              Calling maid shifu and schweppes shifu and all the newly converts shifu..... :?: please bring out all your best bread photos and post it here............. πŸ˜‰

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • A Offline
                autumnbronze
                last edited by

                25hourmaid,


                You have PM πŸ˜„

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • H Offline
                  Happy Mama
                  last edited by

                  Hello everybody!


                  I just \"dumped\" in my ingredients for 2nd attempt a while ago, feeling all excited and can't wait to \"show off\" my creation... BUT... after 5 minutes, I realised I had mis-read the quantity...

                  IT SHOULD BE 1/2 TEASPOON OF SALT BUT I PUT 1 TEASPOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

                  Guess I'm just not cut out for baking 😞 😞 😞

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • T Offline
                    tweety17
                    last edited by

                    LKVM:
                    Happy Mama:

                    Hello everybody!


                    I just \"dumped\" in my ingredients for 2nd attempt a while ago, feeling all excited and can't wait to \"show off\" my creation... BUT... after 5 minutes, I realised I had mis-read the quantity...

                    IT SHOULD BE 1/2 TEASPOON OF SALT BUT I PUT 1 TEASPOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

                    Guess I'm just not cut out for baking 😞 😞 😞

                    Dont worry ur bread will be little salty I hope it rises the way it should... πŸ˜›

                    Agree with LKNM, if the rest r in order, should be ok with bread tasting a little salty.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • B Offline
                      b2b3m4
                      last edited by

                      Eh… salt is actually quite crucial. It actually kills the yeast. So sugar is food to the yeast and promotes yeast proliferation and salt is to tame or control it. So if your bread didnt rise too well… you know the reason.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • corneyAmberC Offline
                        corneyAmber
                        last edited by

                        Augmum and Happy Mama


                        Was at Bedok just now and went to check out the shop that sells the glass cutting board.

                        Confirmed, it is the shop two doors away from Shop n Save, called Rissen Departmental Store. They have taken over the unit vacated by Phoon Huat.

                        Yes, they are still selling the glass cutting board. The "A3" size (mine) is being sold for $9.90 and there is a smaller "A4" size as well, but I didn’t check out the price for that.

                        Hope it helps.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 73
                        • 74
                        • 75
                        • 76
                        • 77
                        • 545
                        • 546
                        • 75 / 546
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy