Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    All About Ballet

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama
    2.0k Posts 400 Posters 786.5k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D Offline
      Dancerunway
      last edited by

      Hi,

      We are newly setup Ballet school and hope to provide your child with the best ballet education through small classes.

      We are offering free trial class. Please refer to www facebook com / dancerunway

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • sky minecrafterS Offline
        sky minecrafter
        last edited by

        marmalade:
        hi anyone can recommend a ballet school/ballet teacher for 3.5 year old who is shy yet eager to learn ?


        my gal is interested in ballet and i signed her up for trial lesson at The Ballet & Music Company. However she doesn't follow the steps and only observe the class. And then when she reached home, she got her little bro to do all the warm up exercises and also dance with her. :roll:

        If i were to enrol her for a full term, i am afraid she will take a while to warm up and i have to sit and dance with her in class.

        Any suggestion?
        Hi marmalade

        My dd is the same age as yours.

        I agree with your concerns. Parents find themselves sitting in class when their children cry. The school does not like it but there is no choice.

        This is my experience. My dd is enrolled in TB&MC since last Oct. The Russian teacher was great with kids but she left abruptly in Mar. This week she was there, next week she was gone. There were temporary arrangements for a whole month.

        When the new Chinese teacher came on board, there were lots of crying in class. After half a month, things did not get better and I gave my feedback to the school. They told me to switch to another class.

        At the end of Term 2, I was notified that the Term 3 classes I paid for are not going to happen. The Chinese teacher will not be there and the new teacher is not determined. The usual class time will no longer exist and I have to try to work around with what the company can offer.

        I tried to explain that I paid for the time slot because I have commitments and other time slots do not work well for me. There was then still two weeks left to Term 3 and so I would like to have my money back. No deal, company policy, the school replied.

        After numerous times of speaking to the reception lady and emailing the management, the school still felt that their company policy overrules all consumer rights. On 20 Jun, the school finally decided that it can try to accommodate our time. The Chinese teacher is apparently not on a work visa and the school had hoped that the application for one would work out, but it did not.

        The new term starts 27 Jun and we still do not know what time the Term 3 class will be and who the Term 3 teacher is going to be. There are still uneasy children and so I submitted my withdrawal.

        I have dealt with enrichment centres for more than 10 years; I have never met an organisation like TB&MC.

        In any case, my dd adores ballet and I really want her to enjoy quality lessons. A friend recommends Palais Dance Studio. I have contacted the principal and will be making arrangements for a trial lesson.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • marmaladeM Offline
          marmalade
          last edited by

          Thanks Sky minecrafter for your information.


          " The Russian teacher was great with kids but she left abruptly in Mar."
          I am not sure you are talking about the same Russian teacher but I asked one of the students’ parents how they find the class (we attended a trial class and we were in the same class), the mummy also mentioned that they prefer the Russian teacher but she left. The current teacher is an Indonesian Chinese ( i didn’t ask, but I suspected so) and i find her alright as she is quite good with young children but in terms of techniques, since i was only there just once for trial, I can’t comment much. Anyway, it is a beginner’s class so mostly on very basic stretching exercises and ballet etiquette. I would think is ok since the mummy didn’t complain about her.

          "No deal, company policy, the school replied. "
          Is there anything stated in the contract on this ?
          I was thinking if you could also go through the Small Claims Tribunals which is governed by the State Courts to file your claim if all else fails.

          Yes, I agree with you that the management of The Ballet and Music Company need to be shaken up. I was at a different branch but I was not so happy with how my enquiry was handled. There was a promotion that a trial could go for $16 (instead of the usual $40) and no one knows what to do and so I was told to go in with my child first while they (1 local and 1 Chinese) checked it out. They have this unhappy look and after the class, the Chinese Receptionist just directed me to the local recept who was in another room while she settled payment for another trial mummy. And I was told again by the local recept to go the main counter to settle my trial fees. Later I realised that it was because the Chinese recept wanted to sell the school to the other parent (a foreigner) who is paying the full trial fees. When it was my turn, she just curtly asked for payment and only mentioned about the new term starting 2 weeks later when I enquired. Initially I thought of enrolling for 1 term just to let my girl try it out but after this episode, I don’t feel good about the way the school is being managed and i was thinking if they were to change teachers again, then my gal will suffer as she doesn’t adapt well to environment changes though she likes ballet.

          It’s good that you have a school in mind. I am still looking around. Thanks for sharing !

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • R Offline
            Raemom
            last edited by

            Hi all, I am new to this this chat. Need to seek advices… my dd was taking g3 ballet April… and got to know her result recently… she which she got a low merit she was disappointed about it as she worked hard for it. may I know is it difficult to get higher grade or the teacher that matters?

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • H Offline
              Honesty
              last edited by

              Raemom:
              Hi all, I am new to this this chat. Need to seek advices.. my dd was taking g3 ballet April.. and got to know her result recently.. she got a low merit which she was disappointed about it as she worked hard for it. may I know is it difficult to get higher grade or is the teacher that matters?

              Hmmm... i think you will need to speak with her ballet teacher. Usually ballet teacher will talk with parents on the grades when receiving the certificates. There are many areas that could possibly lead to a less ideal result ie examiner may be stricter. I would encourage you to speak with the teacher.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • S Offline
                SAHM2KIDS
                last edited by

                Raemom:
                Hi all, I am new to this this chat. Need to seek advices.. my dd was taking g3 ballet April.. and got to know her result recently.. she got a low merit which she was disappointed about it as she worked hard for it. may I know is it difficult to get higher grade or is the teacher that matters?

                Grade 3 is tough, is a big jump from grade 2. It is very hard to get high score with the new syllables. Need a lot more practices.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • phtthpP Offline
                  phtthp
                  last edited by

                  Anyone received G1 rad exam results ?

                  Did yr Tr show u the breakdown of results, which Section or step score low marks ?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • C Offline
                    Cynk
                    last edited by

                    My girl scored 97 for RAD grade 3. She’s 9 currently. We were so thrilled.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • Oh My GoshO Offline
                      Oh My Gosh
                      last edited by

                      Cynk:
                      My girl scored 97 for RAD grade 3. She's 9 currently. We were so thrilled.

                      She's really good... must be a born dancer. Congrats 🙂

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • C Offline
                        Cynk
                        last edited by

                        Oh My Gosh:
                        Cynk:

                        My girl scored 97 for RAD grade 3. She's 9 currently. We were so thrilled.


                        She's really good... must be a born dancer. Congrats 🙂

                        :thankyou: no idea natural born dancer but I can say she's a hardworking little ballerina :please:

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 145
                        • 146
                        • 147
                        • 148
                        • 149
                        • 204
                        • 205
                        • 147 / 205
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        3

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy