All About Ballet
-
inanutshell:
My friend DD did that... but gave up after a year. Reason being she is started with Grade 4, and at 18, she is learning with girls who are only 10-12 years old. So she felt out of place as these girls stick together in cliques and already knew each other well. Further, as she did not have any ballet background, she did not understand the steps/ techniques in French, so she always have to \"monkey see monkey do\". But if your daughter went in with the right mindset, I think she will be fine.Hello! I just wanted to get a sensing: is it common for teenagers(around age 16-18) to start ballet even though they are beginners? (The kind of classes with grades, not the adult beginner open class kind). I've checked it out, and the school will place her in a class with her age group (or maybe down a grade) like grade 4/5. My dd (17y/o)is joining purely for leisure and to learn a skill, and the exams are not that important to us.
Is this common? Any thoughts? Can anyone share their experience, whether they've been in this position or know someone like this? The school I'm considering is Dance Pointe, but if you have an experience with another school, pls share as well! Thank you!
-
I have pre loved character shoes for
grade 1 and grade 3 to let go. Also have leotard and brand new Sonata pink skirt for 5 /6 years old. Please pm if interested. -
Dear All
I’m staying in Tiong Bahru, my gal who is turning 5 is asking me to sign her up for ballet.
Will like to know any recommendation for my side? I went for trial at Wings to Wings both of us find the teacher and environment not too bad. However I’m looking around more before i decide.
Really appreciate your kind recommendations. I do not mind to travel a bit further as I will be driving.
Thank you! -
Daphnelee, you could check with the nearby community centers or via one.pa.gov.sg
-
Thank you Honesty
-
Anyone wants to sell your character skirt from trudance (pink)?
-
Selling
1)character skirt (from nafa ballet),
2)Character shoes (low heel and cuban high heel)
3) grade 1 character dance (wand+watering can)
4) grade 3 character dance (head accessory)…
Pm if keen…thanks -
-
-
-
-
Hi,
I’m new to the forum. Any recommendation about ballet school for my daughter age 7? She did ballet for the past 3 years but the school is very inconsistent with their teachers. I need to transfer to another school after her Grade 1 exam in April. Preferably in central area, do appreciate recommendations.
thank you.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login