Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Science Guide Books

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Academic Support
    2.4k Posts 179 Posters 924.3k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S Offline
      sleepy
      last edited by

      plum-cake:
      Thank You sleepy,


      I just want to find out how do you feel about the contents?
      It's quite wordy. Content seems good to me.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • janet88J Offline
        janet88
        last edited by

        HI Champion,

        I told my son to get the topic on 'States of matter' done this morning in Learning Science...very disappointed as there were so many mistakes :mad: Definitely don't expect this kind of results esp since it's Lower Block.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • C Offline
          Champion
          last edited by

          janet_lee88:
          HI Champion,

          I told my son to get the topic on 'States of matter' done this morning in Learning Science...very disappointed as there were so many mistakes :mad: Definitely don't expect this kind of results esp since it's Lower Block.
          Hi Janet! :hugs:
          Probably this topic is learnt in P3 so he might have \"forgotten temporarily only\"! So no worries for the moment πŸ˜‚

          I was at Popular JP yesterday to get some stationery and walked over to the assessment books section. Saw the following new assessment book by Janet Sim:-
          http://i55.tinypic.com/33kc2tj.jpg\">

          The store is prettiy crowded so only manage to take a snap of the cover and flip thru few pages...The questions are quite the same as the \"Frequently Asked questions\" and this time round the answers are printed at the back of the book. Only saw the lower block but believe the upper block will be out later too! πŸ˜„

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • janet88J Offline
            janet88
            last edited by

            Hi Champion,

            'States of Matter' is under 'Cycles' and that was taught last year.
            How could he have forgotten so fast ? :rant:

            He has 4 days at home including the weekend...I'm yearning for a day at Orchard but with so much hw from school, it doesn't quite seem possible 😒 Furthermore, the 2 tutors were sick last weekend, so they want to make-up as well.

            I was at Popular IMM last night to get some stationery BUT didn't walk towards the assessment book section :rahrah:
            Janet Sim seems to be very active of late...thought the FAQs were good enough, didn't expect more from her. If I'm not wrong, there is also a new PSLE edition (red cover).

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • C Offline
              Champion
              last edited by

              janet_lee88:
              Hi Champion,

              'States of Matter' is under 'Cycles' and that was taught last year.
              How could he have forgotten so fast ? :rant:
              Hi Janet,
              Just went thru the e-mail from my DD1's Science T - Yeah, she too - will only having \"States of Matters\" in next year P4 Term 1! But her tuition centre has started them with this topic so I hope DD1 can pick up some \"keywords\"! πŸ˜‰
              janet_lee88:
              He has 4 days at home including the weekend...I'm yearning for a day at Orchard but with so much hw from school, it doesn't quite seem possible 😒 Furthermore, the 2 tutors were sick last weekend, so they want to make-up as well.
              :hugs: Me too - wish to take a break and go \"me-alone\" shopping but today is my domestic helper's off-day so I have to \"take over the duty\"! πŸ˜‰
              janet_lee88:
              I was at Popular IMM last night to get some stationery BUT didn't walk towards the assessment book section :rahrah:
              Janet Sim seems to be very active of late...thought the FAQs were good enough, didn't expect more from her. If I'm not wrong, there is also a new PSLE edition (red cover).
              Yeah - think I know which the one you referring; am trying not to get anymore Science Assessment books but rather hope more authors will come out with Science Guide Books! - only notes no MCQs or OE questions!

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • janet88J Offline
                janet88
                last edited by

                Hi Champion,

                Since your maid is having her off day today, you should also take a break. We used to go out when maid had her off day...usually just half a day and return home before she does.

                I really have enough of Science assessment books...now using up both upper/lower block of the same title 'Learning Science'. Only left with Helen Lee's 'electrical circuit'...plan to keep that for his SA2 revision.
                As for guide books, I don't mind those with questions from other authors but have KEYWORDS in BOLD as well as the breakdown of marks for both MCQs and OE.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • phtthpP Offline
                  phtthp
                  last edited by

                  so far which are some of the Science books that you have come across with KEY words ?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • S Offline
                    SAHM_TAN
                    last edited by

                    I’m wondering, if combine and extract Janet Sim’s lower and upper block, FAQ, would that be sufficient as a first cut science guide book?

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • B Offline
                      Brenda10
                      last edited by

                      Champion:
                      I was at Popular JP yesterday to get some stationery and walked over to the assessment books section. Saw the following new assessment book by Janet Sim:-

                      http://i55.tinypic.com/33kc2tj.jpg\">

                      The store is prettiy crowded so only manage to take a snap of the cover and flip thru few pages...The questions are quite the same as the \"Frequently Asked questions\" and this time round the answers are printed at the back of the book. Only saw the lower block but believe the upper block will be out later too! πŸ˜„

                      Hi sista,

                      Good afternoon.

                      I also saw this book at Popular this morning! The cover looks nice and there were total 11 topics with 2 revision worksheet each.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • C Offline
                        Champion
                        last edited by

                        SAHM_TAN:
                        I'm wondering, if combine and extract Janet Sim's lower and upper block, FAQ, would that be sufficient as a first cut science guide book?

                        Hi SAHM_TAN,
                        JMHO πŸ˜‰ - feel that the FAQ lower and upper block by Janet Sim is more appropriate for revision wise after going thru the school syllabus, follow by reading thru the guide book (eg Ultimate Science Guide).

                        So far, for my own experience - Ultimate Science guide is the most comprehensive one at the present moment πŸ˜„ I do have a few other to refer to especially I am a slow learner so I need to refer \"here and there\" before I can grasp the concept πŸ˜‚

                        Ok, for a start, perhaps can try the following book that I search from the webpage:-
                        http://i54.tinypic.com/no7klt.jpg\">
                        http://resource.marshallcavendish.com/mcdoc/console/DocumentDetail.aspx?viewType=&id=47903

                        \"Everyday science is written by a team of experienced and dedicated science teachers who saw the need to make links to what children learn in the classrooms and the real world around them. The book is an attempt to help children make sense of scientific concepts by relating them to their everyday lives. This book follow the adventures of Cartoon characters and is written using simple language pictures so that children will find the explanations and activities easy to follow.\"

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 102
                        • 103
                        • 104
                        • 105
                        • 106
                        • 235
                        • 236
                        • 104 / 236
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy