Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Science Guide Books

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Academic Support
    2.4k Posts 179 Posters 923.4k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • janet88J Offline
      janet88
      last edited by

      http://i54.tinypic.com/zlmqu.jpg\">

      optimistforum:
      I need recommendations please as I am looking for Primary 3/4 (Lower Block) and Primary 5/6 (Upper Block) books for my children.


      I hear Janet Sims (http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19568&start=650) is well rated or
      I would like a workbook come revison book; any help appreciated.
      Hi,
      My 'latest collection' of Science for reading is Janet Sim's Lower/Upper Block Science FAQ' (the one you posted)...peacock on cover for lower primary and grasshopper on cover for upper block.
      The other must-have 'bible' is Ultimate Science. I would advise you to get the PSLE edition so that you don't have to get 2 books.

      For workbook, I have several :roll: but these 2 are helpful:
      *Lower Block/Upper Block New Syllabus Science Book 1/2 by Helen Lee (EPH).
      *Primary 3/4 Conquer Science (SAP)
      http://i56.tinypic.com/349e7wy.jpg\"> http://i52.tinypic.com/2rptfmb.jpg\">

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • C Offline
        Champion
        last edited by

        janet_lee88:

        Hi,
        My 'latest collection' of Science for reading is Janet Sim's Lower/Upper Block Science FAQ' (the one you posted)...peacock on cover for lower primary and grasshopper on cover for upper block.

        *Primary 3/4 Conquer Science (SAP)
        http://i56.tinypic.com/349e7wy.jpg\"> http://i52.tinypic.com/2rptfmb.jpg\">
        Janet,
        I am still hesitating; contemplating; in dilemma πŸ˜† to get the JAnet Sim Lower Block Science FAQ.... 🀷

        Took out those assessment books; Re-arranging my cabinet this morning and am planning to do \"some serious revision\" with DD1 :evil: :evil:

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • janet88J Offline
          janet88
          last edited by

          Champion:
          janet_lee88:


          Hi,
          My 'latest collection' of Science for reading is Janet Sim's Lower/Upper Block Science FAQ' (the one you posted)...peacock on cover for lower primary and grasshopper on cover for upper block.

          http://i56.tinypic.com/349e7wy.jpg\"> http://i52.tinypic.com/2rptfmb.jpg\">

          Took out those assessment books; Re-arranging my cabinet this morning and am planning to do \"some serious revision\" with DD1 :evil: :evil:

          Hi Champion,
          I've finished copying out the answers and highlighting those in BOLD for son to read. The font used for answers in the box are TOO small...so my upper block FAQ book is colourful with pink, orange and green. Told hubby I won't be touching the chapters on \"Electrical Systems\" as I'm just not a 'Magnet-Electric circuit' person :sick:

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • O Offline
            optimistforum
            last edited by

            Thank you Champion and Janet_lees88 for your great advise.


            Champion, your response was not long-winded it was perfect and informative,

            Janet_lees88, I get the impression that the "Conquer" series in Eng, Maths and Science would be stretching for my DS, so I will buy those.

            Thanks guys.

            O

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • B Offline
              Brenda10
              last edited by

              Champion:
              Took out those assessment books; Re-arranging my cabinet this morning and am planning to do \"some serious revision\" with DD1 :evil: :evil:

              Good, planning ahead of CA2! :rahrah:

              This week DD is on the last revision topcis/paper and left about 8 lessons to go before the PSLE. They will be doing few prelim papers and PSLE revision papers.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • C Offline
                Champion
                last edited by

                janet_lee88:


                Hi Champion,
                I've finished copying out the answers and highlighting those in BOLD for son to read. The font used for answers in the box are TOO small...so my upper block FAQ book is colourful with pink, orange and green.
                Hi Janet,
                Guess high-lighter does wonders! :hi5:

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • C Offline
                  Champion
                  last edited by

                  Brenda10:

                  Good, planning ahead of CA2! :rahrah:

                  This week DD is on the last revision topcis/paper and left about 8 lessons to go before the PSLE. They will be doing few prelim papers and PSLE revision papers.
                  Hi, Brenda,
                  Afternoon! :hi5: Yes, left 3 weeks for revision before CA2! πŸ˜“ Though it is only 10% but every mark counts and I just want to reinforce to DD1 that it is a \"middle-brake\" before her next final destination for this year, SA2! πŸ˜“ πŸ˜“

                  Will move on to do some notes extraction from assessment books for EL - can't rely on the STELLAR WORKSHEETS! :frustrated: :rant:

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • B Offline
                    Brenda10
                    last edited by

                    Champion:
                    Hi, Brenda,

                    Afternoon! :hi5: Yes, left 3 weeks for revision before CA2! πŸ˜“ Though it is only 10% but every mark counts and I just want to reinforce to DD1 that it is a \"middle-brake\" before her next final destination for this year, SA2! πŸ˜“ πŸ˜“

                    Will move on to do some notes extraction from assessment books for EL - can't rely on the STELLAR WORKSHEETS! :frustrated: :rant:
                    Now our main focus is on CL oral - conversation area. DD is using my iphone that has a writing function to draft out the point/view so as she can remember better.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • janet88J Offline
                      janet88
                      last edited by

                      Champion:
                      Brenda10:


                      Good, planning ahead of CA2! :rahrah:

                      This week DD is on the last revision topcis/paper and left about 8 lessons to go before the PSLE. They will be doing few prelim papers and PSLE revision papers.

                      Hi, Brenda,
                      Afternoon! :hi5: Yes, left 3 weeks for revision before CA2! πŸ˜“ Though it is only 10% but every mark counts and I just want to reinforce to DD1 that it is a \"middle-brake\" before her next final destination for this year, SA2! πŸ˜“ πŸ˜“

                      Hi Brenda/Champion,
                      My daughter in P1 doesn't have CA2 but this thing called 'Summative Assessment' next month...you name it, she has it - from Orals, Listening and Writing section :faint: Parents are requested to revise everything that has been taught and this time, Comprehension OE also included. I will do what I can with her...cannot push too much or I will suffer a meltdown.

                      Will move on to do some notes extraction from assessment books for EL - can't rely on the STELLAR WORKSHEETS! :frustrated: :rant:

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • B Offline
                        Brenda10
                        last edited by

                        janet_lee88:
                        My daughter in P1 doesn't have CA2 but this thing called 'Summative Assessment' next month...you name it, she has it - from Orals, Listening and Writing section :faint: Parents are requested to revise everything that has been taught and this time, Comprehension OE also included. I will do what I can with her...cannot push too much or I will suffer a meltdown.


                        Will move on to do some notes extraction from assessment books for EL - can't rely on the STELLAR WORKSHEETS! :frustrated: :rant:
                        Look like the P1 in year 2006 and year 2011 really have great different!!! πŸ˜“

                        I also came across a pre-school Sciecne Assessment book cover topics that leant in P5 like Dispersal of Seeds (Wind, splitting, water, wind etc)! :scared:

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 87
                        • 88
                        • 89
                        • 90
                        • 91
                        • 235
                        • 236
                        • 89 / 236
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy