Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    In-law problems?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Relationships
    5.3k Posts 331 Posters 1.4m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • T Offline
      tree nymph
      last edited by

      Mrs Ang:
      duriz:

      [quote=\"buds\"]Aiyah... talk some more lah markfch, i love it when you talk. Especially here... we dun have enough guys, husbands and

      lads talking in here. I'm sure it's not just us girls having
      stuff to bitch about issit?

      Agree :celebrate:

      haha...seem that markfch is the only guy that dares to voice his opinion here. Thumbs up for him![/quote]Mrs Ang,
      he is not the only one... we have 3Boys here too.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • M Offline
        markfch
        last edited by

        tree nymph:

        I was told (by my SIL) that since I'm living under their roof, even if it comes to my kids, they will also call the shots. :shock: :shock:
        This is so wrong. When it comes to children, nobody should call the shots except their own parents. I'm sure even when my turn to become fil, I'll abide by that. Don't mean to be rude, but think your sil a bit :siao: to come up with such logic.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • janet88J Offline
          janet88
          last edited by

          Since I have a SIL :siao: like that, I dare not invite her as well as EMPEROR and EMPRESS DOWAGER for any event.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • M Offline
            mummy of 2
            last edited by

            buds:
            No, i'm not giving up. After

            this long and this close, i wud give it one last pit with all i've got in me.
            Hi sista

            That's the way to go! Don't give up wothout a fight! You are this close to freedom. I hope you will eventually get your wish to be out of the line of fire, even though it's 10 yeears too late.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • janet88J Offline
              janet88
              last edited by

              mummy of 2:
              buds:

              No, i'm not giving up. After

              this long and this close, i wud give it one last pit with all i've got in me.

              Hi sista

              That's the way to go! Don't give up wothout a fight! You are this close to freedom. I hope you will eventually get your wish to be out of the line of fire, even though it's 10 yeears too late.

              We wish you all the best. You have to get your own place and lead own life...after all you have served them for 10 years.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • P Offline
                Pen88n
                last edited by

                tree nymph:
                buds:


                HER? No way hosei!
                She's empress dowager.
                Command respect kind.
                Dun care where.. the disadvantage
                is i am a stay home parent so i've
                to face her daily and once her day
                is done, she faces hubs with her
                other side.

                mine is the Empress dowager in the house too. and she has the right - cos its their house!

                that is why I chose to work and continue to work as long as I'm in the house.

                And I chose not to dwell on the negative thoughts... else will go :siao:

                Buds, really salute you :salute: for putting up for 10 years, and as a SAHM, to face this every day. I really hope you will find peace and happiness with your own little family soon.

                Tree nymph, you are strong and very positive. It's not easy to go back after work to face such issues.

                It's coincident that we all have Empress Dowagers around and there are so many in this world. My hubby always think that I am the only DIL who would call the MIL Empress Dowager :shock: but he dare not argue with the naming cos he knows she is really like one :politebleah:

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • janet88J Offline
                  janet88
                  last edited by

                  I really salute women who are SAHMs staying with their Empress Dowagers. How do you tolerate and tahan ? 2 tigers under one roof is virtually impossible. I can’t even tahan for 1 hour before I have to make my escape to BREATHE.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • A Offline
                    Andaiz
                    last edited by

                    janet_lee88:
                    I really salute women who are SAHMs staying with their Empress Dowagers. How do you tolerate and tahan ? 2 tigers under one roof is virtually impossible. I can't even tahan for 1 hour before I have to make my escape to BREATHE.

                    janet_lee88, yes, we need space to BREATHE!

                    I salute you ladies, whether SAHM or FTWM who live with their MIL's. \"Hats off\"

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • janet88J Offline
                      janet88
                      last edited by

                      Andaiz:
                      janet_lee88:

                      I really salute women who are SAHMs staying with their Empress Dowagers. How do you tolerate and tahan ? 2 tigers under one roof is virtually impossible. I can't even tahan for 1 hour before I have to make my escape to BREATHE.


                      janet_lee88, yes, we need space to BREATHE!

                      I salute you ladies, whether SAHM or FTWM who live with their MIL's. \"Hats off\"

                      I can hardly breathe during CNY...can't wait to make my escape every year. Simply awkward having to to face the TV all the time and avoiding conversations which will make me blow my top on 1st day of CNY.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • 3 Offline
                        3Boys
                        last edited by

                        tree nymph:
                        3Boys:

                        \"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.\"


                        Time for your hubs to cut the apron strings. Harsh, but necessary. I don't know the rights or wrongs of your situation, but if this drives you nuts, it is your prerogative as the wife to say NO.


                        3Boys,
                        I still patiently waiting for this day to come... and in the mean time, i have to eat the humble pie. I'm living under FIL's roof and so they call the shots - even though I'm paying for the toilet paper to the meals put on the table to any new appliances when the old ones had stopped working... I was told (by my SIL) that since I'm living under their roof, even if it comes to my kids, they will also call the shots. :shock: :shock:

                        I wish you all the best. Its not an easy situation I know. Your kids are your own, you have accountability and its your right to raise them the way you see fit.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 184
                        • 185
                        • 186
                        • 187
                        • 188
                        • 528
                        • 529
                        • 186 / 529
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        9

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy