Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    In-law problems?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Relationships
    5.3k Posts 331 Posters 1.4m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • A Offline
      auntieM
      last edited by

      coolit:
      Thanks AuntieM, makes me feel better that there are others out there who have

      similar experiences.

      \"alien\" mooncake? you mean the purple, green ones?
      Hehee.. ..wait long long for those 'ex' ones...
      Those mooncakes from JB that are packed in cardboard boxes.. ..
      Well travelled and been thrown around a fair bit you wouldn't dare to open the box kind.. ..
      Seriously, a decent one from NTUC is good enough for me..
      :stupid:

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • C Offline
        coolit
        last edited by

        From JB in cardboard boxes? Oh dear, I did not know there were such mooncakes

        around. Honestly, I think we are ok if we do not get mooncakes from MILs,
        I rather not get anything that funny ones like you described or get and
        get ‘hints’ that I should have given her.

        These gifts are emotional blackmail.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • A Offline
          auntieM
          last edited by

          I have a drawer of expired and crushed tidbits and biscuits collected for my DH to consume.. ..Wonder why DH cannot see leh.. :?

          My MIL expects to eat out in fancy restaurants and plays mahjong big time, yet when it comes to stuffs like this she is so 'niao'/'mean'.. ..I really :salute: her..

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • C Offline
            coolit
            last edited by

            Maybe your hubby bo pian, knows she is like that and shuts both eyes to what she

            is doing. That is what my hubby does but at least when I complain to him, he will
            listen. When we were staying with her, it was worse.

            Fancy restaurants? hmm, my MIL also, she always wants to go to Min Jiang at
            Goodwood park hotel. Other places too cheapo for her, if higher class
            than Min Jiang no problem but cannot be cheaper than that.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • janet88J Offline
              janet88
              last edited by

              auntieM:
              My MIL expects to eat out in fancy restaurants and plays mahjong big time, yet when it comes to stuffs like this she is so 'niao'/'mean'.. ..I really :salute: her..

              Mine here kicks up a big fuss every CNY first day...alamak, only cooking vegetarian and ONCE A YEAR. But she expects to eat out in fancy restaurants too...but when eating at restaurants, she doesn't even dress nicely...like this year CNY reunion lunch...wore what one would wear to kopitiam :faint:

              If I were you, I would dump away those expired food. If hubby gets food poisoning, you will suffer too.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • A Offline
                auntieM
                last edited by

                janet_lee88:
                auntieM:

                My MIL expects to eat out in fancy restaurants and plays mahjong big time, yet when it comes to stuffs like this she is so 'niao'/'mean'.. ..I really :salute: her..


                Mine here kicks up a big fuss every CNY first day...alamak, only cooking vegetarian and ONCE A YEAR. But she expects to eat out in fancy restaurants too...but when eating at restaurants, she doesn't even dress nicely...like this year CNY reunion lunch...wore what one would wear to kopitiam :faint:

                If I were you, I would dump away those expired food. If hubby gets food poisoning, you will suffer too.

                Thanks janet & coolit.. ..I know for sure DH will never eat them (even by looking...
                can tell how yakky). I want him to see it and believe it! Once I threw away and DH say not expired lah, maybe just dropped on the floor couple of times.. :faint:

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • Z Offline
                  zara30
                  last edited by

                  winth:
                  Hi,


                  Anyone facing in-law issues? Can share personal experience?

                  DH said I'm considered quite lucky as he has heard very cham (pitiful) stories from his colleagues.

                  But from my girlfriends, they seem to be having a breeze and upperhand when they handle in-laws leh...

                  But one thing I know I'm very lucky is that I don't stay with them, bec if I had, maybe I had already :stupid: liao.

                  oh im a very sad person regarding in laws..
                  I'm starting a new topic..x

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • Z Offline
                    zara30
                    last edited by

                    married since 12 years… everything got changed when my bro in law got married and SIL (Jennifer) came in pic


                    oint family … even though I stay upstairs cook for my kids … and occasionally MIL will send food for my boys.

                    >> so I got my SIL 2 daughters 2 dresses… and after a month she said they ill-fit.
                    I couldnt return( did not have bill)
                    so bought new dresses …

                    >> she did not bother to say any thanks… and then after 5 days said…I’m so busy .

                    >> so she went shopping last night …MIL said she has gone to buy some cream…
                    >> this morning my niece said "Aunt Zara…I had gone to buy shoes…" SIL said yeah …our MIL gave her a dress so we needed to match it with shoes .


                    see I’m not shallow , if its not this its something else …
                    like this morning when I came to say Eid Mubarak(happy Eid) to my in laws they all were having tea… Gosh …I’m a " staircase" away …

                    this sucks…and my husband … will eat with them … he does not feel the agony I go through by constantly feeling rejected .

                    he says…" why do you bother"

                    so if someone can say more than " grow up" etc please help?

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • A Offline
                      ansh0000
                      last edited by

                      in-laws are forever problematics…all becuz they r nt our own parents, we r only their daughter recognized by SG law.


                      my ILs used to the kampong lifestyle…while my side of family r the more modern type.

                      U can imagine the "clashes" we hv with regards to taking care of kid, etc…what made it worst…I LIVE with them…haiz…

                      Lucky, my hubby is supportive & my son "play" a good buffer…if nt i go crazy…

                      Hubby and kid play very important role in minimizing the problems btwn DIL and PILs

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • P Offline
                        peapot
                        last edited by

                        chocolatebar, maybe this post comes abit late but just to let you know anytime anyone wants to help me do the dishes I said go for it!!

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 323
                        • 324
                        • 325
                        • 326
                        • 327
                        • 528
                        • 529
                        • 325 / 529
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy