In-law problems?
-
just888:
Wasted that most of us here like me do not know how to ACT, else using \"苦肉计\" maybe we can also earn a fortune.
I can act but can't make myself so 没良心 -
mummy of 2:
I believe in karma...u reap what you have sow, plus things will go around and come back to u. If we treat were to parents like that next time kids learn and also treat us the same way how? We are living examples for for the children lor..just888:
Wasted that most of us here like me do not know how to ACT, else using \"苦肉计\" maybe we can also earn a fortune.
I can act but can't make myself so 没良心
Sometimes is hubby's family side problem I just share my views with hubby will do not to overstep the boundary also. Wait in-law thinks we KAPO.
Does anyone in-laws communicate with hubby in a dialect or language that you do not understand when u are around? Sounded as if they are comment about u yet do not want u to know like that. -
Yup mine speaks Cantonese which isn’t my dialect. I also believe in karma. Trying to stop my kids from too much contact with sil and niece.
-
If it’s purely an issue that has no repercussion on me I’m happy to let things be.
-
mummy of 2:
Yup mine speaks Cantonese which isn't my dialect. I also believe in karma. Trying to stop my kids from too much contact with sil and niece.
Hi-5! mine in-laws are also cantonese. I only understand hokkien and teochew. Me no need to stop my son for mixing as they auto never appear in front of us for a long long time. I doubt the cousins even knew each other by face if meet on the road. -
How I wish no need to see them also. They come every week

-
just888:
my mil and sil do communicate in dialect which i dont understand and sometimes with dh too. however dh only understand it but cant speak it.
Does anyone in-laws communicate with hubby in a dialect or language that you do not understand when u are around? Sounded as if they are comment about u yet do not want u to know like that.
i am fine with it cos what i dont understand dont bother me. also my mum only knew hakka and a bit of mandarin and cantonese so we in the family also only spoke to her in hakka in front of dh. -
Haha... ...I am Hakka too LOLMum.. ..
MIL will rattle of in her dialect when the issue not meant for my ears..
Makan sessions when and when, more gambling debts to be cleared, DH to attend never ending gatherings... :faint:
DH quite bochap nowadays.. -
LOLMum:
oop,s forgot to say that just like my mum, my mil only speak to her kids in her dialect. when kids got married, no choice but to speak cantonese cos' sils and dils dont understand the dialect. so no deliberate effort to sideline any1 of us.
my mil and sil do communicate in dialect which i dont understand and sometimes with dh too. however dh only understand it but cant speak it.
i am fine with it cos what i dont understand dont bother me. also my mum only knew hakka and a bit of mandarin and cantonese so we in the family also only spoke to her in hakka in front of dh. -
auntieM:
:snuggles: it is a dying dialect.Haha... ...I am Hakka too LOLMum.. ..
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login