In-law problems?
-
Thank goodness he had to work...or else have to provide 3 meals a day for 2 weeks. Staying in mother's place already free. At least fork out money for meals...bloody idiot. Expect to be ferried around. She thinks she is a tourist or some VIP? :rant:
-
Help!!!!! :mad: :frustrated:
Do the old folks in your household expose themselves as they get older?!?!
First was my FIL...he's gone. Hardly 9 months of peace & MIL started. Sometimes she refuses to close the toilet door while peeing.
Now she would just stand at her room to change (sometimes strip off totally). There is a spot where she would not be seen but instead insist changing at the spot directly facing the cooridoor leading to other rooms & kitchen door. Have told her off but she just ignored. Stupid DH says just let her be. :stompfeet: :rant: -
I believe they can’t help it. Even if they are healthy, active but something is happening up in the head. Just can’t connect.
Got to close one eye. -
LOLMum:
Oh shit!!!I believe they can't help it. Even if they are healthy, active but something is happening up in the head. Just can't connect.
Got to close one eye.
Gotta prep DS to look away....
MIL will start staying home full day starting Sep, hope she won't get too disruptive cos DS PSLE coming......sigh. :nailbite: -
Psle? Oh dear, hope your mil’s condition is mild n not cause any problems.
Look at it this way, at least your kid has an idea what to expect when people are old. When it is our turn to behave in this manner, at least it won’t be a major shock n our kids know how to handle it. -
LOLMum:
Actually we had already gone thru a very difficult time last 2 year when FIL dementia worsen. I could empathize a little due to his condition. But for MIL, she is perfectly fine.....just being selfish & low EQ. She's had chose to work as an office cleaner but unfortunately, the company folding up so she's be stuck at home soon. That's my fear. :sick:Psle? Oh dear, hope your mil's condition is mild n not cause any problems.
Look at it this way, at least your kid has an idea what to expect when people are old. When it is our turn to behave in this manner, at least it won't be a major shock n our kids know how to handle it.
Whenever she's around, she interferes into my routine & life, nags (screech is more appropriate), repeatedly disrupts my kids when they are studying & insists on interrupting & talking to me over trivial matters when I'm in the midst of discussing/coaching kids. Very frustrating to have her around. :frustrated:
On bad days, I lock them in my room to block her off & let them concentrate. Sometimes she offers them food which they din want ..... she will ignore & ask every few mins, then sit beside them, eat & kept exclaiming its nice, why they dun like. She likes etc. Repeatedly, until even my kids got fedup with her at times. -
Can ask maid to take her to nearby cc or citizen corner for daily activities?
If can, at least she can be out of your house for a few hours daily.
But on the other hand, she might not want to just like my handicapped sister..
You stay cool...your kids need you especially with psle oral/listening this week.....I got the dates right? -
LOLMum:
Yup...PSLE oral this coming Thur/Fri. Prelim listening 2moro for some schools.
You stay cool...your kids need you especially with psle oral/listening this week.....I got the dates right?
Gotta get the old lady out of the house so that kids can have peace studying and you don't get worked up with her at home.
This is a crucial period for the kids. I remembered how grouchy I was in the past few weeks...even hubby told me to take it easy. Had lots of tension headache. -
LOLMum:
No maid.Can ask maid to take her to nearby cc or citizen corner for daily activities?
If can, at least she can be out of your house for a few hours daily.
But on the other hand, she might not want to just like my handicapped sister..
You stay cool...your kids need you especially with psle oral/listening this week.....I got the dates right?
Last maid was with us only the last 10 mths of FIL life cos' I could not handle him and cannot leave him home alone and he was disruptive in eldercare and they chased him out. MIL rather work than look after FIL also. That maid didn't want to look for another employer and chose to return to Indonesia.
From what I know of MIL, dun think she will want to go cc or citizen corner....rather just lie on bed and watch TV. Anyway, can only take one step at a time. Just hope she won't affect our lives too much. -
janet_lee88:
Think Oral this week still safe.....cos' she probably only start staying home from Sep.....but the PSLE will be xiong. You are right.....I tend to get very very worked up with her at home.....cos' of her screeching. She has super loud voice (quite sharp too)
Yup...PSLE oral this coming Thur/Fri. Prelim listening 2moro for some schools.LOLMum:
You stay cool...your kids need you especially with psle oral/listening this week.....I got the dates right?
Gotta get the old lady out of the house so that kids can have peace studying and you don't get worked up with her at home.
This is a crucial period for the kids. I remembered how grouchy I was in the past few weeks...even hubby told me to take it easy. Had lots of tension headache.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login