Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    2012 PSLE Discussions and Strategy

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary 6 & PSLE
    6.0k Posts 467 Posters 1.7m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • U Offline
      underthesea
      last edited by

      my dd has been very "slack" after the prelims. Not sure is it burnt out. Keep reminding her the big war is not over, she said she know but…

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • C Offline
        Chenonceau
        last edited by

        underthesea:
        my dd has been very \"slack\" after the prelims. Not sure is it burnt out. Keep reminding her the big war is not over, she said she know but...

        Give a her 3 days break? Fill the 3 days with FUN and FOOD... long walks... leisurely meals... cycling... NO COMPUTER GAMES BECAUSE THESE USE UP COGNITIVE ENERGY.

        Do this quick (like starting tomorrow?) so that she can recharge... then maintain a soft training schedule from now till PSLE. Keep her humming... not revved up. I teach a course on Burn Out and Stress at the uni... so... I do know what I am talking about.

        But well... Mommy knows best. Just my suggestion.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • janet88J Offline
          janet88
          last edited by

          underthesea:
          my dd has been very \"slack\" after the prelims. Not sure is it burnt out. Keep reminding her the big war is not over, she said she know but...

          We went slow for a few days after the prelims...or else both of us would have gone bonkers. The big war is just 24 days away...didn't wish to remind him of the number of days actually but he doesn't seem to know the urgency if I keep quiet. I was very soft with him so as not to stress him...but tutors complained the same thing - HE REFUSED TO THINK when he sees thinking questions. So mad with him that I had to cane.
          He seems to think that everything will be presented to him on a silver platter...anything difficult and he will just switch off !!!

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • N Offline
            niza6666.028774hotmail.028774com
            last edited by

            My ds is quite slack too after prelims. He needs to go for supplementary classes for four days. Thinking of giving 2 days break this week.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • N Offline
              niza6666.028774hotmail.028774com
              last edited by

              Is it a norm to behave that way. He looks so relaxed only mummy is so stressed up.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • F Offline
                fifiyeo
                last edited by

                Don't know if DS is the one who slacked after prelims or I am the one. Feel like got no more juice left to push. Maybe I am burnt out! 🤷

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • K Offline
                  kay22
                  last edited by

                  I believe most of us are burnt out by now. Ever since my DD’s prelim, we are taking a slow pace too… I also believe in no last minute of drilling anymore as to prevent backfire! Now we should just continue to do more reading for Science, go through questions that she had did wrongly and do practices selectively…

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • S Offline
                    Sun_2010
                    last edited by

                    fifiyeo:
                    Don't know if DS is the one who slacked after prelims or I am the one. Feel like got no more juice left to push. Maybe I am burnt out! 🤷

                    Haha, Chen's advise can apply to you 😆

                    Have a foodie fun break for 3 days .
                    Actually that is what we did for DD. During Sep hols , 3 days getaway at Sentosa to just chill out. Both DD and DS fondly remember that break even now.

                    Only I was paranoid :frustrated: . Watched like a hawk over what she ate , avoided crowds and every ride we went I was on my toes to protect DD from accidents...even repeatedly warned DD, that if she were to fall , NOT to use her right hand to break the fall. 😆
                    Refused to let DD fly the MegaZip too much to DD's disappointment.

                    It was well worth it for her.
                    Not so sure about me though!

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • C Offline
                      Chenonceau
                      last edited by

                      I dunno about you ladies but I am reminded of the last month of my pregnancy… WILL THIS THING JUST HURRY UP AND COME OUT!! I am so tired!!

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • B Offline
                        BeContented
                        last edited by

                        DS also look xianzzzzz. I also getting lazy, but gotta keep reminding myself to set good example (still got DD watching us closely, this gal is lazy like the mommy so cannot let her catch me too relax :rotflmao: )


                        Was at west mall & saw a ukulele + teach yourself book with 2 disc @$69......looks interesting & bought one set.
                        Hope can cheer DS up 🙂

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 319
                        • 320
                        • 321
                        • 322
                        • 323
                        • 601
                        • 602
                        • 321 / 602
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        EducareTutoringE
                        EducareTutoring
                        WordWizardsW
                        WordWizards

                        Statistics

                        10

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy