All About GEP
-
Hi! I am new here.
My DD today just collected the big & thick yellow envelope back home. I was so happy for her. But, she refused to change school. In her class, there were total 5 students went in the GEP. So scary!
By the way, I am very blurred about this GEP. Would like to know what will the child benefit in this program. Would it be very stress for the child?
Would like to hear from the present or ex GEP child's parent opinion. Please advise.
:? -
vlim:
I think this is a common trait ... evasive (mine will give philosophical answers without commiting):x
yes ..precisely no much time for assessment books...or like what my ds said..'the most important thing is..the learning process ' when I mentioned to him abt getting desire results
-
BTW, what is \"PYP\"? :?
-
thmejlfm:
Similar scenario last year : kid got selected, refused to change, a lot of persusaion.. blah blah..Hi! I am new here.
My DD today just collected the big & thick yellow envelope back home. I was so happy for her. But, she refused to change school. In her class, there were total 5 students went in the GEP. So scary!
By the way, I am very blurred about this GEP. Would like to know what will the child benefit in this program. Would it be very stress for the child?
Would like to hear from the present or ex GEP child's parent opinion. Please advise.
:?
First, don't panic. Attend the GEP talk with your DD - I believe she will change her view after the talk.
Second, most of the children (kid and her classmates)will enjoy GEP. They won't be bored as they will be mentally challenged.
Third, they will become more independent and responsible (projects, filing, etc). I believe they become more articluate in general.
Hope that helps.
-
Congrats to all those whose DS or DD got in…mine still no news yet…does that imply not in ??
-
Xiaopillow:
Congrats to all those whose DS or DD got on....mine still no news yet....does that imply not in ??
Have you checked with the school?
As mentioned earlier, the child/parent will be informed of the outcome. -
So, end up, did your child change school? How is it now? Can tell me more.
I think I have more worries than happiness.
Similar scenario last year : kid got selected, refused to change, a lot of persusaion.. blah blah..
First, don't panic. Attend the GEP talk with your DD - I believe she will change her view after the talk.
Second, most of the children (kid and her classmates)will enjoy GEP. They won't be bored as they will be mentally challenged.
Third, they will become more independent and responsible (projects, filing, etc). I believe they become more articluate in general.
Hope that helps. :D[/quote] -
Hi parents,
My daughter was selected to GEP, but the problem is we will relocate next year, should I apply Letter of Absence from which school? current school or GEP school, hardly to get support form GEP school if I home school Spore syllabus overseas.
Any good advice there? -
thmejlfm:
[/quote]So, end up, did your child change school? How is it now? Can tell me more.
I think I have more worries than happiness.
Similar scenario last year : kid got selected, refused to change, a lot of persusaion.. blah blah..
First, don't panic. Attend the GEP talk with your DD - I believe she will change her view after the talk.
Second, most of the children (kid and her classmates)will enjoy GEP. They won't be bored as they will be mentally challenged.
Third, they will become more independent and responsible (projects, filing, etc). I believe they become more articluate in general.
Hope that helps.
Yes, changed school and she is still happy now
-
thmejlfm:
It is a good problem to have, and I had a similar situation 2 years ago as you. Did a lot of convincing and pat talk and only till the last day, he gave in. We ask him the other day whether he regret leaving his old school and join the GEP, and his reply was \"ok lah, alot of hardwork, but his new bunch of friends are AWESOME.\"Hi! I am new here.
My DD today just collected the big & thick yellow envelope back home. I was so happy for her. But, she refused to change school. In her class, there were total 5 students went in the GEP. So scary!
By the way, I am very blurred about this GEP. Would like to know what will the child benefit in this program. Would it be very stress for the child?
Would like to hear from the present or ex GEP child's parent opinion. Please advise.
:?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login