Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Lunch

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Tuckshop
    1.8k Posts 65 Posters 1.0m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • ChiefKiasuC Offline
      ChiefKiasu
      last edited by

      Harlequin:
      Also BTW.... how to upload pictures directly from iPhone's Camera Roll (picture files)?


      I tried, but failed....
      1. Install Dropbox on your iPhone.
      2. Install Dropbox on your PC.

      See http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57454041-285/dropbox-gives-ios-users-camera-upload-free-storage/ for details.

      Now when you take pictures on your iPhone, they will be uploaded to Dropbox in the cloud. When you turn on and connect your PC to the Internet, the pictures will be automatically downloaded into your designated Dropbox folder on the PC. There is no need to even connect your iPhone to your PC. Simple? šŸ˜„

      Now, for this tip, I think I deserve some of that delicious looking crab :drool:

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • T Offline
        TheAnswer
        last edited by

        Harlequin:
        BTW, there is a steam fish dish from my granny time, the teochew style--- steam fish top with lots of fragrantly fried minced chai poh.... Anyone remember that?


        Yum yum! :please:
        Hey I remember that šŸ˜‰ Sometimes I steam it with sliced chilli, sliced ginger, salted vege, chopped garlic, light soya sauce and a dash of herbs and spices. Fast and easy.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • T Offline
          TheAnswer
          last edited by

          buds:
          TheAnswer:

          [quote=\"Jennifer\"]

          I used Haagen Dazs from the petrol kiosk opposite my place. There is a promo now, 2 tubs for $23+. UP is 1 tub $14+

          I'm very tempted to get some ice cream, fruits and yogurt to make my own milkshake.

          Wah leow, me too sia... :drool: But no yoghurt for me. Don't quite like the taste.[/quote]My family loves mango milkshake. Blend the sliced ripe mangoes, mango sorbet, ice cubes, soya bean milk or fresh milk together. When ready, cut more mangoes into cubes and add it in. Can add aloe Vera and mango pudding or sago or nata de coco if you like.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • T Offline
            TheAnswer
            last edited by

            buds:
            Harlequin:

            [quote=\"buds\"]I love Phad Thai too, Harlequin! Nothing beats the one eaten in Thailand, of course. šŸ˜‰ I had my Phad Thai in a cracker-bowl-i-could-eat! It was superdee-delicious! Yes, like eating special keropok with the noodles. Man.. that was an experience. Their portions were also generous. :please:


            Ok, will share recipe. No problem. šŸ˜‰

            :hi5:
            Phad Thai buddy.... The Thai Express version is getting worse, downright disappointing.... Now I hv to go Golden Miles (yes! I go to \"that place\"!) for Phad Thai....

            Babe, go try the one at Siam Kitchen. Got chicken and seafood options and choice of hor fun or glass noodles. šŸ˜‰ Topped with their basket of crackers and sambal belachan... Uh-uhmm. Yumz. :drool:[/quote]Buds, you reminded me. I haven't had my Thai food fix in a while.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • T Offline
              TheAnswer
              last edited by

              Jennifer:
              buds:

              Remember that 2 thirds of butter left from making the butter rice that i mentioned earlier? Well, use that to massage your fish together with olive oil and this powderfully packed spices - Mc Cormick Grill Mates Spicy Montreal Steak.


              My first thought - a whole block of butter for this combo?

              Cant do for me- super fast to see extra trimmings on my body if I am to eat so much butter. The recent CNY I ate a bottle of pineapple tart. Hubby came back from overseas and said I looked different šŸ˜“

              Buds, do you have a low fat version :please: ?

              Is your DH exaggerating? I still have 2 boxes of pineapple tarts left over from CNY. We only bought 2 boxes and there are still leftovers :slapshead:

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • JenniferJ Offline
                Jennifer
                last edited by

                TheAnswer:
                Jennifer:

                Cant do for me- super fast to see extra trimmings on my body if I am to eat so much butter. The recent CNY I ate a bottle of pineapple tart. Hubby came back from overseas and said I looked different šŸ˜“


                Buds, do you have a low fat version :please: ?

                Is your DH exaggerating? I still have 2 boxes of pineapple tarts left over from CNY. We only bought 2 boxes and there are still leftovers :slapshead:


                He is not. I can see a rounder ME too :yikes:

                I think I am a magnet for fats.

                Some years ago, I learnt to make baked mooncakes. They did not turn out looking pretty so I did not give away as gifts. Where did they go in the end? šŸ˜“ ME lor.

                Then I was into making tiramisu. This one too good to give away šŸ˜‰

                So my weight and size ballooned lor. From M to XL and on some festive occasions, if I am not careful, can make it to XXL :nailbite:

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • JenniferJ Offline
                  Jennifer
                  last edited by

                  TheAnswer:
                  My family loves mango milkshake. Blend the sliced ripe mangoes, mango sorbet, ice cubes, soya bean milk or fresh milk together. When ready, cut more mangoes into cubes and add it in. Can add aloe Vera and mango pudding or sago or nata de coco if you like.

                  :goodpost:

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • T Offline
                    TheAnswer
                    last edited by

                    Jennifer:
                    TheAnswer:

                    [quote=\"Jennifer\"]Cant do for me- super fast to see extra trimmings on my body if I am to eat so much butter. The recent CNY I ate a bottle of pineapple tart. Hubby came back from overseas and said I looked different šŸ˜“


                    Buds, do you have a low fat version :please: ?

                    Is your DH exaggerating? I still have 2 boxes of pineapple tarts left over from CNY. We only bought 2 boxes and there are still leftovers :slapshead:


                    He is not. I can see a rounder ME too :yikes:

                    I think I am a magnet for fats.

                    Some years ago, I learnt to make baked mooncakes. They did not turn out looking pretty so I did not give away as gifts. Where did they go in the end? šŸ˜“ ME lor.

                    Then I was into making tiramisu. This one too good to give away šŸ˜‰

                    So my weight and size ballooned lor. From M to XL and on some festive occasions, if I am not careful, can make it to XXL :nailbite:[/quote]I stay away from certain food or have those only when DH is around. He will usually eat half from my plate of fattening food. I can't eat them alone cos if I start, I can't stop. Perhaps you can get your skinny boys and DH to have more?

                    I'm taking vinegar's suggestions to have soupy dishes for lunch. Dinner donate half to DH. I want to get rid of 3kg of fats soon!

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • NebbermindN Offline
                      Nebbermind
                      last edited by

                      http://i48.tinypic.com/bh100i.jpg\">


                      What's that white stuff by the side?

                      http://i50.tinypic.com/mkwydf.jpg\">

                      and the yellow stuff on top?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • JenniferJ Offline
                        Jennifer
                        last edited by

                        I kapo to guess, can?

                        Nebbermind:
                        http://i48.tinypic.com/bh100i.jpg\">

                        What's that white stuff by the side?
                        chicken meat or mushrooms
                        nebbermind:
                        http://i50.tinypic.com/mkwydf.jpg\">

                        and the yellow stuff on top?
                        Butter

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 26
                        • 27
                        • 28
                        • 29
                        • 30
                        • 179
                        • 180
                        • 28 / 180
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        6

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy