Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    [Clementi] Primary Schools

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
    802 Posts 137 Posters 345.7k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • I Offline
      Ikid
      last edited by

      maytj77:
      We couldn't get our son to NH a few years ago. This year if we can get our daughter to NH, can we transfer our son to NH too ?


      Please advise.

      😄
      If you successfully secured a place for your girl, you can submit your transfer request for your son. However, NH cannot guarantee a place for your son. Understand from the Principal, their waitlist is very long, even those GEP kids' (those selected for GEP and joined NH in P4 only) siblings requested for transfer also cannot guarantee. No harm trying though. I believe if your son's academic or CCA's achievement is very outstanding, maybe have better chance.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • P Offline
        Pretty panda
        last edited by

        Hi parents


        Anyone knows if clementi primary or pei tong is better?

        Thank you.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • I Offline
          Ikid
          last edited by

          Pretty panda:
          Hi parents


          Anyone knows if clementi primary or pei tong is better?

          Thank you.
          My guess is Clementi since is always the next choice after Nan Hua

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • I Offline
            Ikid
            last edited by

            Pretty panda:
            Hi parents


            Anyone knows if clementi primary or pei tong is better?

            Thank you.
            My guess is Clementi since is always the next choice after Nan Hua

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • G Offline
              glenax
              last edited by

              Pretty panda:
              Hi parents


              Anyone knows if clementi primary or pei tong is better?

              Thank you.
              I think if you look at the stats, among the 4 primary schools in clementi, pei tong is the easiest to get in. You might want to check out both school websites to see what they offer to see which one you prefer for your child. The last time I check, Clementi primary seems to have some focus on art. As for Pei Tong, I am not sure what they are strong in.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • S Offline
                Smoochie
                last edited by

                This is tricky. Real tricky.


                <1km
                - NH
                - Clementi
                - Qifa

                >1km
                - Pei Tong

                Under 2C, what’s your take?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • P Offline
                  Potatomato
                  last edited by

                  Hi all,


                  my son is born in 2011, I applied for Nan Hua PV and was sadly rejected 😞 The new principal (Mrs Ong) replied me to say I'm on waiting list, but I'm not hopeful though..

                  I am staying within 1km from Nan Hua, had really wished I could get in a PV to increase chances. Sigh, now too bad already lah.. Any tips?? I am wondering if I should do PV for the other 3 schools within 1 km from my place - Qi Fa, Clementi Pri and Pei Tong. But also wondering which one is better of the 3?

                  Grateful for any help/advice. Thanks.. 😢

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • D Offline
                    dottypooh
                    last edited by

                    Potatomato:
                    Hi all,


                    my son is born in 2011, I applied for Nan Hua PV and was sadly rejected 😞 The new principal (Mrs Ong) replied me to say I'm on waiting list, but I'm not hopeful though..

                    I am staying within 1km from Nan Hua, had really wished I could get in a PV to increase chances. Sigh, now too bad already lah.. Any tips?? I am wondering if I should do PV for the other 3 schools within 1 km from my place - Qi Fa, Clementi Pri and Pei Tong. But also wondering which one is better of the 3?

                    Grateful for any help/advice. Thanks.. 😢

                    Hi potatomato,
                    It really depends on the kind of learning environment you want, I was also having the same problem as you 4 years ago. In the end, I chose Qifa over the other 2 schools.
                    One of the main reason why I chose Qifa is because of the location.
                    1) there are 3 bus services that takes my child to the school. This is important because your child might need to take the public transport when they are older due to extra classes and school activities.
                    2) school is located in the private properties area, hence not much traffic sound. I think Clementi pri is located just opposite the bus interchange, the traffic sound can be a lil loud and I am worried about the safety of my child. Afraid the busy traffic there can be dangerous.
                    3) I actually sat at Starbucks in clementi mall to observe the students from all 3 schools before I made the finale decision. I was listening to their speech and watching their behaviour. I have observed that students from one of the schools behaved rather rowdy and tend to shout a lot. I did not come to this conclusion only from observing a group of students but several groups.

                    All schools are good schools. I hope my contribution can help you to decide further on your choice of school. Just a piece of advice, Qifa had balloting in phrase 2c last year and with more new condos around the west coast area and pasir panjang area, I believed there will be a steady increase of applicants in the coming years.

                    Good luck on your PV application regardless which school you are choosing.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • P Offline
                      Potatomato
                      last edited by

                      dottypooh:
                      Potatomato:

                      Hi all,


                      my son is born in 2011, I applied for Nan Hua PV and was sadly rejected 😞 The new principal (Mrs Ong) replied me to say I'm on waiting list, but I'm not hopeful though..

                      I am staying within 1km from Nan Hua, had really wished I could get in a PV to increase chances. Sigh, now too bad already lah.. Any tips?? I am wondering if I should do PV for the other 3 schools within 1 km from my place - Qi Fa, Clementi Pri and Pei Tong. But also wondering which one is better of the 3?

                      Grateful for any help/advice. Thanks.. 😢


                      Hi potatomato,
                      It really depends on the kind of learning environment you want, I was also having the same problem as you 4 years ago. In the end, I chose Qifa over the other 2 schools.
                      One of the main reason why I chose Qifa is because of the location.
                      1) there are 3 bus services that takes my child to the school. This is important because your child might need to take the public transport when they are older due to extra classes and school activities.
                      2) school is located in the private properties area, hence not much traffic sound. I think Clementi pri is located just opposite the bus interchange, the traffic sound can be a lil loud and I am worried about the safety of my child. Afraid the busy traffic there can be dangerous.
                      3) I actually sat at Starbucks in clementi mall to observe the students from all 3 schools before I made the finale decision. I was listening to their speech and watching their behaviour. I have observed that students from one of the schools behaved rather rowdy and tend to shout a lot. I did not come to this conclusion only from observing a group of students but several groups.

                      All schools are good schools. I hope my contribution can help you to decide further on your choice of school. Just a piece of advice, Qifa had balloting in phrase 2c last year and with more new condos around the west coast area and pasir panjang area, I believed there will be a steady increase of applicants in the coming years.

                      Good luck on your PV application regardless which school you are choosing.


                      Hi dottypooh

                      I am so grateful to see a reply, thank you very much. I have been trying to find out more on Nan Hua PV via forums/chats, but it seems to be rather secretive/silent?? No idea why?!

                      So your child is now in P4, 5? If you don’t mind sharing, how is your/your child’s experience in Qifa? I did some googling on the other 3 schools (Qifa, Clementi, Pei Tong), hardly any news or discussion on them. Thus, any on the ground feedback would be very valuable. I am staying at Parc condo now btw.

                      Thank you 

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • D Offline
                        dottypooh
                        last edited by

                        Hi potatomato,


                        My child is in P3 this year. Her learning experience in Qifa has been great so far. Initially she had problems adjusting in P1, with open communication with the class teacher and the school, areas of concern was targeted very quickly and resulted to better learning and my child looks forward to school everyday.
                        It also helps to volunteer in school, you actually know the school better and can relate to your child better. As a volunteer, you get to see changes in school n you are more aware of things happening in school such as new swinging benches, new canteen stalls and improvement of other school facilities. Teachers are also more comfortable with you as you are a familiar face in school. My child’s mother tongue teacher will always update me on her progress, so I don’t have to wait till PTM(parent teacher meeting) to be updated. My PTM sessions are usually short as I am already updated quite frequently informally. Hehe! Your child will also feel more at ease in school because it will not be viewed as a "scary" place.
                        During recess, there will be teachers walking in the canteen making sure they are eating right. Also, a cleaning auntie will always be there in case of any spillage; the mess will be cleared up almost immediately. And if it is really hot day, students will be asked to play in the indoor basketball courts. The school is generally clean, that’s why the school was chosen as a fliming school for "when the school bells ring",the most recent season.
                        The children there are also polite, they don’t just greet the teachers, they also bow their heads n greet the parent volunteers as well.
                        The vibe in the school is nice, there are a lot of students staying at the Parc too. It is 2 bus stops away from the school. More convenient than the other 2 schools that you are considering.

                        Hope this post helps… very lengthy… hehe

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 75
                        • 76
                        • 77
                        • 78
                        • 79
                        • 80
                        • 81
                        • 77 / 81
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        0

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy