Chiltern House
-
DesertWind:
What a coincidence DesertWind,
Gee, I am happy to have read this! I too was looking at premium pre-schools and ended up decided to send my boy to Marymount Kindergarten as well. Yes, am impressed by their standards ie. teacher care, schedule runs like clockwork, very disciplined and kids are happy!
Certainly I have commented in one of the premium pre-school thread not long ago that I disagree judging the school by the amount of school fees parents pay. ie. the higher the fees, the better the school in every way. This I strongly disagree as such schools may not necessary have the right teachers compared to well-established kindergartens who may have a very stable pool of teachers already.
:celebrate:
Because I too started off recee-ing premium preschools but was just never satisfied with one thing or the other. In the end, I enrolled my DS in a church kindy and he is very very happy there. So if he's happy, I am happy.
-
LittleLambie:
A friend's daughter was in CH EC for N1 last year but was diagnosed with an illness so the poor girl is unable to attend N2 this year. The school is good with a very supportive head of centre. The girl enjoyed going to school last year because she had very caring and good teachers. Mum was told to link up with her N2 teacher so that she could be updated of what will be covered in class. Unfortunately, the N2 teacher has not been responding to mum's emails and messages. Teacher has been promising mum that she'll contact the latter soon but she has not been contacting the mum till now. She seems very disorganised and does not keep to her promise. I have to say that no matter how good the school is, the teachers play a very important role.Any parents here who's kids are with CH at The Playground in East Coast? How do you find it?
I am trying to send my 3y.o. dd for their N2 class next year. For the past few MONTHS, I've tried visiting them personally (was turned away), called many, many times, emailed many times too but nobody responded at all. We just wanted to find out more & probably have to be put on waitlist but we can't even get hold of somebody to do that! Incredible! Are they really that high-handed? :? -
LittleLambie:
A friend's daughter was in CH EC for N1 last year but was diagnosed with an illness so the poor girl is unable to attend N2 this year. The school is good with a very supportive head of centre. The girl enjoyed going to school last year because she had very caring and good teachers. Mum was told to link up with her N2 teacher so that she could be updated of what will be covered in class. Unfortunately, the N2 teacher has not been responding to mum's emails and messages. Teacher has been promising mum that she'll contact the latter soon but she has not been contacting the mum till now. She seems very disorganised and does not keep to her promise. I have to say that no matter how good the school is, the teachers play a very important role.Any parents here who's kids are with CH at The Playground in East Coast? How do you find it?
I am trying to send my 3y.o. dd for their N2 class next year. For the past few MONTHS, I've tried visiting them personally (was turned away), called many, many times, emailed many times too but nobody responded at all. We just wanted to find out more & probably have to be put on waitlist but we can't even get hold of somebody to do that! Incredible! Are they really that high-handed? :? -
autumnbronze:
Yeh, autumnbronze, most important thing is our bau bei, darling son is happy!What a coincidence DesertWind,
Because I too started off recee-ing premium preschools but was just never satisfied with one thing or the other. In the end, I enrolled my DS in a church kindy and he is very very happy there. So if he's happy, I am happy.

:hi5: -
DesertWind:
:hi5:
Yeh, autumnbronze, most important thing is our bau bei, darling son is happy!autumnbronze:
What a coincidence DesertWind,
Because I too started off recee-ing premium preschools but was just never satisfied with one thing or the other. In the end, I enrolled my DS in a church kindy and he is very very happy there. So if he's happy, I am happy.

:hi5:
:celebrate: -
There is a CH Mountbatten Open House on 19 April 2011.
-
Just to share my experience of CH. CH Halifax used to be one of the best - Great teachers and staff.
However, due to their rapid expansion - 2 new branches in 1+ yr, their Head of the centre left for another centre last year and several of the experienced teachers were transferred to assist to build up the new centre.
I do feel the differences now in the overall experience of the teachers in CH Halifax. -
Any feedback of CH forum? I am thinking about sending my 18 months baby there end of the year.
-
wm1234:
Any feedback of CH forum? I am thinking about sending my 18 months baby there end of the year.
CH only takes in kids from N1 onwards. -
The thing that i donβt like on CH forum is that the kids are all inside the building. They are not really expose to outdoor. Even the playground is within the shopping mall
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login