Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Practice for home leave

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Domestic Help
    23 Posts 12 Posters 38.8k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M Offline
      mumjas
      last edited by

      My helper also going back but contract due next yr. Just called up agent it cost about $415 for all home leave services. .ca u recommend your contact thanks

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • B Offline
        bluebellas
        last edited by

        Can anyone advise how should i compensate my maid if she doesn’t want to go back for home leave?

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • N Offline
          nms1
          last edited by

          bluebellas:
          Can anyone advise how should i compensate my maid if she doesn't want to go back for home leave?

          The contract states that you should compensate her the amount of the air ticket. For a Filipina I would benchmark against the Philippine Air ticket price i.e. somewhere between the budget airline price and SQ.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • B Offline
            bluebellas
            last edited by

            anyone can recommend an airline for maid going back to Serembang? Many years back there was a airline offering special price tix for maids.


            Thanks!

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • P Offline
              POA Teacher
              last edited by

              bluebellas:
              anyone can recommend an airline for maid going back to Serembang? Many years back there was a airline offering special price tix for maids.


              Thanks!
              Serembang? Where's that?

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • P Offline
                POA Teacher
                last edited by

                You mean Semarang?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • B Offline
                  bluebellas
                  last edited by

                  POA Teacher:
                  You mean Semarang?

                  oops, yes :oops:

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • P Offline
                    princezjo
                    last edited by

                    Hi, I have a Filipino maid whose contract will only be due in May but has requested to return for a month from mid March to mid April.


                    May I ask any kind souls whom can advise on:
                    - what is the norm for home leave? As in did MOM states if employers need to bear the 2weeks home leave pay? (I understand that we gotta continue paying levy which cld be reimbursed subsequently if she returns but I can't find anything abt the pay itself.
                    - if MOM says employers don't need to pay for the 2wks salary, I think it is sufficient and kind enough for us to continue paying her 2wks and ask her to do the balance 2wks as no pay?
                    - as she is returning prior to being employed by us for 2yrs, the documentation has to be done via an agent? My agent quoted me $350. Ques: will the fees be lower if they only return at the end of 2 yrs?
                    - any other factors / costs that I shd consider?

                    Thank u so much! Having a FDW around is really both an asset and a prob... It doesnt help that MOM's rules are tilted towards FDWs and expect employers to pay for everything 😞

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • W Offline
                      winniel_tlh
                      last edited by

                      hi everyone,


                      I also have a question regarding this, & will appreciate any advice.

                      My Filipino maid's work permit ends in March 2014. However, as we may go on a holiday in December, I offered to let her take her home leave for 3 weeks in Dec, so that she can have Christmas with her family.

                      This is a fully paid for 3 weeks leave (inclusive of air tickets, which I'll reimburse her upon renewing her contract).

                      So, the agreement between us is, once her contract ends in March, she'll renew it with us, but she'll not be going back for home leave then (March).

                      Now, my question is, do I need to apply for specific paperworks to ensure a smooth custom/immigration checks upon her return?

                      If yes, where do I go, & how much will it cost?

                      Thank you in advance πŸ™‚
                      Fanny

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • N Offline
                        nms1
                        last edited by

                        winniel_tlh:
                        hi everyone,


                        I also have a question regarding this, & will appreciate any advice.

                        My Filipino maid's work permit ends in March 2014. However, as we may go on a holiday in December, I offered to let her take her home leave for 3 weeks in Dec, so that she can have Christmas with her family.

                        This is a fully paid for 3 weeks leave (inclusive of air tickets, which I'll reimburse her upon renewing her contract).

                        So, the agreement between us is, once her contract ends in March, she'll renew it with us, but she'll not be going back for home leave then (March).

                        Now, my question is, do I need to apply for specific paperworks to ensure a smooth custom/immigration checks upon her return?

                        If yes, where do I go, & how much will it cost?

                        Thank you in advance πŸ™‚
                        Fanny
                        Yes, you do need paperwork for her to go home. If this is her first contract with you and she hasn't completed 2 years, you will need to go through an agency to do it. I think the last time we did it they charged $200+

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 2 / 3
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        5

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy