Comparing Math Enrichment Programmes
-
VooVoo:
:hugs:
Any homework?Cindy Tay:
Hi Voovoo,
I just check with my son, they go topic by topic but there will be mix revisions papers time to time.
So the kids are asked to finish the worksheets, teacher mark and do corrections / explain?
How's the quality of the teachers there? And how big is each class?
Thanks!
Yes, there will be homework for the kids to bring home. Teacher mark on the spot and did the explaintion on it sometime in group and sometime indiviual.
If any kids still have doubts, she/he will be asked to stay back maybe 5-15mins and teacher will do further explaination to the student. There will be point for the kids, who completed their homeworks :idea:
So far, I find my DS teacher Ann is good and also glad that others parents also felt the same.
When my son join in the class there are 8 included my son. Now 11 students, i heard they try to maintain around 12 paxs, if I'm not wrong.
Hope these information help, all students had to sit for their assesment paper before they let you now which class suitable for students. They have mainsteam class and Elite class.
:hugs: -
Cindy Tay:
:hugs:
Any homework?VooVoo:
[quote=\"Cindy Tay\"]Hi Voovoo,
I just check with my son, they go topic by topic but there will be mix revisions papers time to time.
So the kids are asked to finish the worksheets, teacher mark and do corrections / explain?
How's the quality of the teachers there? And how big is each class?
Thanks!
Yes, there will be homework for the kids to bring home. Teacher mark on the spot and did the explaintion on it sometime in group and sometime indiviual.
If any kids still have doubts, she/he will be asked to stay back maybe 5-15mins and teacher will do further explaination to the student. There will be point for the kids, who completed their homeworks :idea:
So far, I find my DS teacher Ann is good and also glad that others parents also felt the same.
When my son join in the class there are 8 included my son. Now 11 students, i heard they try to maintain around 12 paxs, if I'm not wrong.
Hope these information help, all students had to sit for their assesment paper before they let you now which class suitable for students. They have mainsteam class and Elite class.
:hugs:[/quote]Thanks! I think the differentiation for classes apply to the upper primary. My DS took the test for P2 next year... -
:please:
Oh your DS is P2 next year :rahrah:
My DS going to P5 next year so details in showing step by step and workings are complusory. :snuggles: -
Neuro Maths, they will give a reassessment paper for the in class students, at close to the end of term 4.
Today, the other teacher told me my son able to continue to stay in the Elite class for next year. When I check with my DS and he said yes, today there is a paper of 6 ques test. -
My kids join PSLEMath Marine Parade branch last year. DS now P5. I feel the environment and culture of the centre is good. Not sure how to describe as I’m not very good in my English. The teachers are very passionate. Their programme is very systematic. Ok. I’m not very good in elaborating so not much info. Maybe you can visit Jason at their marine parade branch. He will be able to explain better about the programme.
-
Hi parents,
Any one can give me some advise on sakamoto and kumon program since both programs are run by japanese founder. Are they under the same approach? Which is better? :scratchhead: -
Both covering problem sums.
Anyone has experience with either one or both centers?
Please share :please: -
I want to know too… Any idea what are the fees like for both centres? Thanks!
-
Sent my 2 kids for asst.
My lil' girl tested on her dreaded number patterning. Numeracy is good except for that. She failed her paper! Haha! :nunchuk:
Older girl very careless lost few marks due to transferring n calculation. Will monitor her for Elite.
Now big problem is the timing. Sigh.... This is only the beginning....before new year starts piano teacher, home tutor want to switch timing. -
I am very interested to know too

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login