Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Comparing Math Enrichment Programmes

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Mathematics
    808 Posts 414 Posters 467.4k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Zeal mummyZ Offline
      Zeal mummy
      last edited by

      Yes it has been sold! I read it somewhere can’t find it now…

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • mummyof3angelsM Offline
        mummyof3angels
        last edited by

        san20sg\" post_id=\"2063094\" time=\"1648621612\" user_id=\"76391:

        Thanks Tinkerbell. I have dropped her a msg but have not received a response yet. Maybe it has already been sold.
        Apologies, but both sets of the NickleBee Math worksheets have been sold.

        You can try contacting NickleBee Tutors to see if you can purchase the the math worksheets directly from them.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • M Offline
          mumzie
          last edited by

          mummyof3angels\" post_id=\"2046932\" time=\"1637288211\" user_id=\"194437:

          These are not the exam papers. I am just selling the P5 & P6 NickleBee Math worksheets. They are already so bulky and heavy! My daughter always complains about having to lug the files to and fro from tuition class.

          Please buy! Very comprehensive and good value for money. Daughter's own workings from the NickleBee Math Tuition classes are included. PM me for price if interested! 😄

          Thank you for your well wishes! My daughter is very nervous as she wants to get into her dream school. But I have been telling her to relax and enjoy her holidays as what's done is done, and we should not dwell over past events.

          Anyway here's a picture of how bulky the NickleBee Math worksheets are! These are just the worksheets, there's another file just for the practice exam papers that she did at the NickleBee Math tuition --- I think she did about 18 P6 exam practice papers with NickleBee this year alone. Most of them are past year exam papers from top schools, some are in-house designed exam papers.

          https://i.imgur.com/nzIgKh6.jpg\">
          Hi,

          Do you still have the worksheets?

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • ChiefKiasuC Offline
            ChiefKiasu
            last edited by

            mumzie\" post_id=\"2063780\" time=\"1649309641\" user_id=\"93296:

            Hi,

            Do you still have the worksheets?
            Lol. I think she has said she no longer has the papers. Bet she regrets selling it then, as this could have been an auction 😆

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • S Offline
              san20sg
              last edited by

              tinker_bell\" post_id=\"2062914\" time=\"1648518771\" user_id=\"194652:

              A quick update. Dropped by Visible math last weekend and noticed that they have rebranded to \"Ammiel wan math academy\".
              I notice besides the get me thinking series, they also have the make it right series and the 60 experience.

              Anyone has seen these new series and would recommend to buy them? Thanks!

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • S Offline
                san20sg
                last edited by

                tinker_bell\" post_id=\"2062914\" time=\"1648518771\" user_id=\"194652:

                A quick update. Dropped by Visible math last weekend and noticed that they have rebranded to \"Ammiel wan math academy\".
                Mr. Ammiel Wan and Mr. Stewart Teng has split and that Stewart Teng has now joined Cognitus.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • mummyof3angelsM Offline
                  mummyof3angels
                  last edited by

                  ChiefKiasu\" post_id=\"2063803\" time=\"1649316712\" user_id=\"3:

                  Lol. I think she has said she no longer has the papers. Bet she regrets selling it then, as this could have been an auction 😆
                  😂 Both sets of NickleBee Math worksheets have already been sold, so there's nothing to regret! :rotflmao:

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • P Offline
                    Poshberries
                    last edited by

                    Hi I am now keen to sign up for Jelic because after the free assessment by the teacher, I was told that my child can’t join MPM program now and more suitable to attend Jelic first. Then I found info about Jelic seems to be more on the left and right brain training so unsure this program has anything to do with learning of maths.


                    And bottom line is, I really don’t know if this Jelic program is for learning basic foundation of maths or what? My plan is to sign up my K1 child for a math enrichment before she enters P1 as she has 0 knowledge in maths. I don’t want to be signed up for an enrichment class which doesn’t cater to what I need for my child.

                    I have a few centres for comparison in mind:
                    • eiMaths
                    • Mighty Maths
                    • Jelic & MPM Maths

                    Which centre is really better for a child with no maths background? So need to consult parents here for better advice before making the next move. Thank you!

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • T Offline
                      Toomuchlaundry
                      last edited by

                      Poshberries\" post_id=\"2065989\" time=\"1651431036\" user_id=\"175235:

                      Hi I am now keen to sign up for Jelic because after the free assessment by the teacher, I was told that my child can’t join MPM program now and more suitable to attend Jelic first. Then I found info about Jelic seems to be more on the left and right brain training so unsure this program has anything to do with learning of maths.

                      And bottom line is, I really don’t know if this Jelic program is for learning basic foundation of maths or what? My plan is to sign up my K1 child for a math enrichment before she enters P1 as she has 0 knowledge in maths. I don’t want to be signed up for an enrichment class which doesn’t cater to what I need for my child.

                      I have a few centres for comparison in mind:
                      • eiMaths
                      • Mighty Maths
                      • Jelic & MPM Maths

                      Which centre is really better for a child with no maths background? So need to consult parents here for better advice before making the next move. Thank you!
                      Mm does your little one go to kindy? Surely they teach some Math there? For a little 5 year old the Math bar is pretty simple. No need to panic. Just counting from 1 to 10. Maybe 1 to 20 at 6 years old. That's what my paed tells me. You should enjoy the low academic stress at 5 years old.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • P Offline
                        Poshberries
                        last edited by

                        Toomuchlaundry\" post_id=\"2066008\" time=\"1651454346\" user_id=\"197996:

                        Mm does your little one go to kindy? Surely they teach some Math there? For a little 5 year old the Math bar is pretty simple. No need to panic. Just counting from 1 to 10. Maybe 1 to 20 at 6 years old. That's what my paed tells me. You should enjoy the low academic stress at 5 years old.
                        Hi my child does attend 3-hour kindergarten but it closed so frequently crazy until considered not attending at all. Their school 95% comprised of foreign ixxxxxs so kept contracting covid-19 almost daily and the school kept closing for disinfection. We also didn’t have much or any online schooling as their teachers were infected so manpower was down. Just this entire April, she was kept at home for 1 month and learnt nothing. So far since she started this school, I think she only attended 5 to 10 lessons of 3-hours, the rest of the days and months often closed due to covid-19 infections in school. That’s why she didn’t learn anything, especially mandarin and maths.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 69
                        • 70
                        • 71
                        • 72
                        • 73
                        • 80
                        • 81
                        • 71 / 81
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        thebottomsupblogT
                        thebottomsupblog
                        hillarypangH
                        hillarypang

                        Statistics

                        10

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy