[Bukit Timah] Primary Schools
-
Hi someone was asking for comments from Bukit Timah Primary School parents. My boy is now in P1 - had the experience of P1 Registration same time last year... the school was my only choice as I didn't live within 1km to any of the hot schools and I didn't do PV or had connections.
Generally I find the school academically fine. My son and I like his school as it is small and cosy (even though he says it's big... yup, compared to kindergarten, of course). He is doing well and amongst the top 5 in his class - that was what his teacher shared the last time we met. He had also opportunities to be class monitor last term. This term he is teacher helper, chinese group leader and monitor for health education. The belief of the school is to give the children opportunities for them to develop and celebrate their efforts. I just came back from his chinese speech and drama performance in school - it's not the most perfect performance and there are 1 or 2 aspects they need to look into which I may feedback to the school, but I can see that the children (including the non-Chinese ones who took Chinese) generally do enjoy the experience.
So if your child comes to Bukit Timah Primary School via P2C, they would be in good hands.
There is Fun Day (Open House) tomorrow Sat 23 July 2011 8am-1pm, so interested parents can pop by to check out the school.

-
VooVoo:
Congrats, scoobydoo. We got in too!
:celebrate: dd got in too !!scoobydoo:
[quote=\"mummyo\"]:congrats:
Spikey & Gill!
[/quote]Congrats VooVoo... :congrats:
-
Hi, consider this scenario.
You are an ex-student of Tao Nan. Now, you stay within 1km of both NYPS and RGPS. You have children of both genders, elder girl and younger boy. If you were in this position, will you give up your 2A2 "guarantee" with Tao Nan and try to register with NYPS?
RGPS will certainly be in the 2nd stage consideration to NYPS since a co-ed school is preferred. -
If I am in the situation described, I will not give up the guaranteed place at Tao Nan for 2 reasons. Firstly, the chance to get into NYPS in Ph 2C is very slim nowadays and secondly, Tao Nan is also a very good school and is around 20-30mins away by car. I know of a NY parent (ex-student) who is staying in the east. Acc to her, it takes about 20min to drive to NY in the morning.
-
Atan, there is another complication. The person is a GRL and eligible to apply under phase 2B at any school in the Bukit Timah - Holland GRC. Naturally, he will want to give it a go at NYPS.
-
today's P2B balloting at RGPS:-
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4408&start=2560 -
how many didnโt get into NYPS today ?
-
MumandMe:
Atan, there is another complication. The person is a GRL and eligible to apply under phase 2B at any school in the Bukit Timah - Holland GRC. Naturally, he will want to give it a go at NYPS.
Ok, MumandMe, you didn't mention this in yr prior post. In this case, then, to be superkiasu, I will enrol the girl in NYPS and boy in ACS, so both will benefit fm sec sch affililiation in the future. I know a friend who did this.
Hope it helps. -
Atan,
Is ACS under the Bukit-Timah - Holland GRC? If not, the family would have no advantage. In any case, the family stays within 1km of NYPS, so this means it is more than 2km away from ACS. I don't think the parents will \"squander\" the opportunity and use it to register under 2B at ACS, the school being >2km away. Moreover, if the elder girl is able to get into NYPS, the parents would be registering the boy under phase 2A2 (or phase 1, depending on the age gap between the children) into NYPS. Plus, I feel there is a very distinct difference in the cultures of NYPS and ACS. One that makes choosing one school over the other almost mutually exclusively. -
Now that 2B is over, and there was balloting for those staying within 1km for MGS, does it mean that for someone like me who lives 1-2km away and registering in 2C, there is absolutely no hope at all? Cos if thatโs the case then I wont even bother to try.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better ๐
Register Login