Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Catholic High (Primary)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    1.9k Posts 150 Posters 684.7k Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • O Offline
      OrangeJuice
      last edited by

      firefly38:
      OrangeJuice:

      Hi, hope someone cld clarify on my question re schoolbus fare.


      I noted that school will close after 8 Nov. In other words, boys taking schoolbus for the month of Nov will only take schoolbus for a week.

      Does anyone know whether we still need to pay full month bus fare for Nov ?

      If yes, can I opt to send my son to school myself for Nov and not take schoolbus and hence need not pay for Nov bus fare ? (note ; my son's bus fare is quite hefty at more than $200 per month).

      thanks for any help !



      Hi OJ.. Do you stay very far from CHS? Surprised to hear that you are paying >$200 per month for bus fees..

      I paid $115 per month for 2-way trips last few years. I paid for Jan-May and July-Oct (total 9 months per year). I did not pay bus fees for Nov. The 1 week bus service in Nov is usually provided free to the boys, compliments from the bus operator.


      hello firefly, thanks for your prompt reply 🙂

      Yes I got a rude shock at the bus fare when DS transferred to CHS in P4...I stay in central of SIN, is that considered far ? well, no choice, that is the only convenient way to get DS to school early in the morning...

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • I Offline
        iFirefly
        last edited by

        OrangeJuice:
        firefly38:

        [quote=\"OrangeJuice\"]Hi, hope someone cld clarify on my question re schoolbus fare.


        I noted that school will close after 8 Nov. In other words, boys taking schoolbus for the month of Nov will only take schoolbus for a week.

        Does anyone know whether we still need to pay full month bus fare for Nov ?

        If yes, can I opt to send my son to school myself for Nov and not take schoolbus and hence need not pay for Nov bus fare ? (note ; my son's bus fare is quite hefty at more than $200 per month).

        thanks for any help !

        Hi OJ.. Do you stay very far from CHS? Surprised to hear that you are paying >$200 per month for bus fees..

        I paid $115 per month for 2-way trips last few years. I paid for Jan-May and July-Oct (total 9 months per year). I did not pay bus fees for Nov. The 1 week bus service in Nov is usually provided free to the boys, compliments from the bus operator.

        hello firefly, thanks for your prompt reply 🙂

        Yes I got a rude shock at the bus fare when DS transferred to CHS in P4...I stay in central of SIN, is that considered far ? well, no choice, that is the only convenient way to get DS to school early in the morning...[/quote]Umm.. Thot Bishan is pretty close to central too..

        DS1 also joined CHS in P4 (2009). The bus fees was $100 then. It was increased to $115 when he was in P6, due to installation of seat belts on the school bus..

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • O Offline
          OrangeJuice
          last edited by

          firefly38:



          Umm.. Thot Bishan is pretty close to central too..

          DS1 also joined CHS in P4 (2009). The bus fees was $100 then. It was increased to $115 when he was in P6, due to installation of seat belts on the school bus..
          no choice cos I cant possibly ask DS to take public bus to school early in the morning with his big schoolbag and sometimes his er-hu. I will wait until he is sec 1 then he will take public bus himself, just like his elder sister. Just fyi I used to pay $160*12 mths for DD when she was in RGPS...ever since she went to sec school, she takes public bus, saved a bomb !

          Thanks again for sharing info 🙂

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • I Offline
            iFirefly
            last edited by

            OrangeJuice:
            firefly38:




            Umm.. Thot Bishan is pretty close to central too..

            DS1 also joined CHS in P4 (2009). The bus fees was $100 then. It was increased to $115 when he was in P6, due to installation of seat belts on the school bus..

            no choice cos I cant possibly ask DS to take public bus to school early in the morning with his big schoolbag and sometimes his er-hu. I will wait until he is sec 1 then he will take public bus himself, just like his elder sister. Just fyi I used to pay $160*12 mths for DD when she was in RGPS...ever since she went to sec school, she takes public bus, saved a bomb !

            Thanks again for sharing info 🙂

            Yes.. Taking public transport in the early morning can be quite a hassle for the kids..

            Though we were staying not too far from the school then, I still let DS1 take the school bus 2-way (P4-P6) coz it was much safer.. Now in Sec Sch, he takes the public transport..

            DS2 took the school bus till last year, as we have moved even closer to the school this year.. Wow, Can save quite a lot on bus fees.. 😄

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • B Offline
              bluemoon
              last edited by

              Hi OJ, is your son taking the blue van? I’m paying $165 single trip, thinking of letting join the bus in the am next year, hopefully won’t hit $200. We are at Central too.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • J Offline
                jetsetter
                last edited by

                Hi happy parents!

                May I know if all P1 kids gotta take HMT as a compulsory subject? Can they take the normal MT?
                Cheers!

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • J Offline
                  jetsetter
                  last edited by

                  Hi happy parents!

                  May I know if all P1 kids gotta take HMT as a compulsory subject? Can they take the normal MT?
                  Cheers!

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • C Offline
                    cherrygal
                    last edited by

                    jetsetter:
                    Hi happy parents!

                    May I know if all P1 kids gotta take HMT as a compulsory subject? Can they take the normal MT?
                    Cheers!
                    CHS is a SAP school so HCL is compulsory from P1. Same as all other SAP schools.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • J Offline
                      jetsetter
                      last edited by

                      cherrygal:
                      jetsetter:

                      Hi happy parents!

                      May I know if all P1 kids gotta take HMT as a compulsory subject? Can they take the normal MT?
                      Cheers!

                      CHS is a SAP school so HCL is compulsory from P1. Same as all other SAP schools.

                      Thanks Cherrygal! Can opt out or not? Otherwise, time to 恶补 :nosebleed:

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • T Offline
                        Toralina
                        last edited by

                        Nope, the boys get to choose after P4.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 128
                        • 129
                        • 130
                        • 131
                        • 132
                        • 191
                        • 192
                        • 130 / 192
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        thebottomsupblogT
                        thebottomsupblog

                        Statistics

                        4

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy