Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Guangyang Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    181 Posts 38 Posters 85.3k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • K Offline
      Kaydenmama
      last edited by

      Hi,


      I hv reg my boy under phase 2c (we are sc). But was Abit lost dinking of transferring him to guangyang bcos of wushu as the sch i reg him has limited CCA and other reasons too. My only concern is I’m staying near Potong Pasir not sure if the sch bus can send my boy back. We are outside 2km. So not sure if I shd Trf now or wait till dec den Trf him. Pls advise.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • M Offline
        mame
        last edited by

        The school offers higher Chinese from P1 and has variety of CCA which they screened suitable candidates in P1 to join. Those not selected can also join the CCA as long as interested expressed by child n/or parent. My DS was selected for Weiqi n as he is interested in Wushu, the teacher in charge gladly allowed my DS to join where he enjoyed himself very much in both CCAs.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • K Offline
          Kaydenmama
          last edited by

          Yeah I saw their CCA list in sch website look interesting but does CCA play an impt part during primary sch time? Dis current sch I reg my boy in is less den 1km fr my house whereas GY is more den 2km. Not sure if I shd just withdraw him now and register him at phase 3 or just wait till Dec.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • T Offline
            Tennansee
            last edited by

            I would advise you to call up the school to register your interest and intention before phase 3 starts. They should be able to advise you. Cheers.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • K Offline
              Kaydenmama
              last edited by

              Yup I called them up and they told me to withdraw fr that sch and reg on 29 Aug. since I’m a SC I will be given priority over the other. So I’m in dilemma now. Is it worth to go base on CCA and other factors.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • T Offline
                Tennansee
                last edited by

                It depends on you. I personally like the varieties they offer.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • K Offline
                  kikimama
                  last edited by

                  How abt going to the school to take a look? The environment is nice - facilities are new and I love the fact that it is single session.


                  If I’m not wrong, GY has 3 niche CCA: handbells, badminton and wushu. This means the participating students who do well in these CCA can make use of it to apply for DSA.

                  It also depends on your son. Does he show interest in wushu and have the aptitude for it? U gotta see his personality and ability and gauge from there. Sometimes what we as parents want are not what the kids want. Distance plays a big part in my opinion, u are talking abt 6 yrs of to and fro commuting. Also, for all the effort, he might end up not being keen in wushu but smtg else. U can probably take up wushu outside as an enrichment too.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • K Offline
                    Kaydenmama
                    last edited by

                    Hi kikimama,


                    I was seen the sch but not for my boy. GY is actually under my 3rd choice but I did not reg under phase 2c bcos 1)my boy wants to go to the same sch as his kindergarten friends 2) worried GY does not hv sch bus to send him back

                    Hmm… Did not do my hw well dis time sigh!! If I don’t see CCA not sure whether the other factor play apart in the Trf now.

                    I wonder if any parents withdraw fr phase 2c and register in phase 3! Sigh

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • M Offline
                      mame
                      last edited by

                      If GY is yr 3rd choice n u hv a ready gotten into yr school of 2nd choice at ph 2c, near to yr Hse. Then stay in the school gotten at ph 2c. If ur kid doesn’t enjoy his p1 on the school, then transfer at end of p1. Cca can always be enrolled elsewhere not necessary from school.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • K Offline
                        Kaydenmama
                        last edited by

                        Ok the 2nd reason is 2nd choice sch has lot of foreigner or INternational students. Due to the location and I oso some were send over to spore and study but parents. My concern is these IS psle may not be an impt exam in their life result in the teachers not willing to teach them since a matter of time they leave spore. Will dis pull down the standard of the sch. I did called sch recently and ask if next yr has hw many sc, pr and is. They did breakdown on the number so far ok but will dis affect the moral of the teacher if overall has more IS.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 10
                        • 11
                        • 12
                        • 13
                        • 14
                        • 18
                        • 19
                        • 12 / 19
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        mamamia0510M
                        mamamia0510
                        JoyceWangJ
                        JoyceWang

                        Statistics

                        8

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy