Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Beacon Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    691 Posts 56 Posters 225.4k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • V Offline
      vividlaurel
      last edited by

      Hi bigmama,


      I don't know why some students have left, but isn't P3 when the GEP tests are done? Maybe they were selected for that and may have left to go to GEP schools. This is just speculation and I do not know for sure.

      The principal Ms. Lim is very nice and quite hands-on. I do know that the children write notes to her and she makes it a point to reply to each one of them. The teachers are very passionate about their work and the vice-principals are also very active. The school being a Future School does incorporate a lot of ICT into their curriculum and this is a good thing in my opinion. My children enjoy going to school and to me that is what makes a school! I'm not sure about the canteen since I usually send snacks with my children and they rarely eat in the canteen.

      bigmama:
      Hi Vividlaurel

      Thanks for sharing.

      I'm worried coz I read some post abt some students leaving the school after P3. Dont know the real reason though.

      BTW, how's the environment & is there a good selection of food at the canteen? How's the principle there?

      Thanks again.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • B Offline
        bigmama
        last edited by

        Oh thanks for your advise. I prefer ‘hands-on’ principles too. Thank U ya, will probably put her on waiting list.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • J Offline
          Jolin78
          last edited by

          Yes Beacon like to engage parents in most of their activities thus it is good. My gal is currently in pri 1 n she enjoys it. The lessons are interesting compare to those normal white board teaching

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • V Offline
            vividlaurel
            last edited by

            Hi,


            Does anyone know why Beacon has done away with the year end Parent Teacher Meetings?

            I called the school yesterday and the office confirmed that they will not be calling all parents to school to meet the form teachers, but will be calling only certain parents. When I asked which parents, they didnt or couldn’t give me an answer.

            TIA

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • S Offline
              spitzcookie
              last edited by

              I was asking my daughter last week about the same question too why there’s no year-end parent teacher meeting. After consulting her form teacher, she came back saying the year-end parent teacher’s meeting is meant for only the weaker or problematic students.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • V Offline
                vividlaurel
                last edited by

                Hi spitzcookie,


                I figured that it would be the weaker parents since they would be meeting the parents of the prize winners tomorrow!

                Since my kids are going to P3 next year, I wanted to talk to the teachers. Guess have to wait for the curriculum talk when school starts.

                spitzcookie:
                I was asking my daughter last week about the same question too why there's no year-end parent teacher meeting. After consulting her form teacher, she came back saying the year-end parent teacher's meeting is meant for only the weaker or problematic students.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • S Offline
                  spitzcookie
                  last edited by

                  Why don't u send emails to the teachers instead of waiting till school opens next year? I usually call or email them. In fact, I just spoke to one of the teacher few days back regarding CCA next year 🙂 My daughter will be in P3 next year while son will be in P1.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • V Offline
                    vividlaurel
                    last edited by

                    That's a good idea, let me write to them.


                    Which class is your daughter going to be in?

                    spitzcookie:
                    Why don't u send emails to the teachers instead of waiting till school opens next year? I usually call or email them. In fact, I just spoke to one of the teacher few days back regarding CCA next year 🙂 My daughter will be in P3 next year while son will be in P1.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • S Offline
                      spitzcookie
                      last edited by

                      She will be in 3/2. What about your kids?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • J Offline
                        Jolin78
                        last edited by

                        They will be regroup when they are in pri 3??

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 32
                        • 33
                        • 34
                        • 35
                        • 36
                        • 69
                        • 70
                        • 34 / 70
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        thebottomsupblogT
                        thebottomsupblog
                        e905433kE
                        e905433k

                        Statistics

                        11

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy