Beacon Primary
-
vividlaurel:
should be quite soon....my son's classmate in PAP got it earlier too....Hi preciousjam,
I still have not got the booklist, checked my letterbox yesterday. Did you also get the class your son will be in? Do let us know which is cheaper? School or Popular. When will you be going to get the uniform and books?
class is not being stated but they give the program list for the orientation day...its from 8.30-11.30 and from 9.20 child and parents will have seperate orientation...
I'm gonna go to popular later to check out the prices of the books and confirm with the staff if the 5% is applicable....That can work out to be some kind of saving...
When I saw the booklist, it includes IT accessories which is the headphone with microphone and thumb drive.... :roll: is it norm or is it because Beacon is the 'future school' ...looking at all these brought me back to days when I was The Student.... :lol: -
Do we need to bring our kid there during the purchase of the textbooks and uniform day? Tot she might need to try out the uniform to decide on the size needed…
-
spitzcookie:
Do we need to bring our kid there during the purchase of the textbooks and uniform day? Tot she might need to try out the uniform to decide on the size needed...
think it will be a good idea to bring the kids on that day so they can try out the uniform...I have not gotten the chance to check out the prices of textbooks at Popular....most of the books available there except the books for the English subject. -
Yeah, it's a good idea to get the kids while buying the uniforms. I plan to get mine too....now have to decide whether to do on 23 or 24.
preciousjam:
think it will be a good idea to bring the kids on that day so they can try out the uniform...I have not gotten the chance to check out the prices of textbooks at Popular....most of the books available there except the books for the English subject.spitzcookie:
Do we need to bring our kid there during the purchase of the textbooks and uniform day? Tot she might need to try out the uniform to decide on the size needed...
-
was at Popular in plaza…most of the pri 1 books are out of stocks…heard that could be coming in these few days…realize they don’t have the English course books there…I’m not sure if they will bring it in…
only compare the chinese course book 1 and activity book 1, no stock for the rest. Prices are the same but Popular did say they offer 5% for textbooks… -
For English it is because BPPS also uses the STELLAR program, where from what I understand, you don't need textbooks.
I think in this situation, maybe better to get it from the school itself. So when do you plan to go?preciousjam:
was at Popular in plaza....most of the pri 1 books are out of stocks...heard that could be coming in these few days....realize they don't have the English course books there....I'm not sure if they will bring it in...
only compare the chinese course book 1 and activity book 1, no stock for the rest. Prices are the same but Popular did say they offer 5% for textbooks.... -
Oops! I meant BPS and not BPPS
vividlaurel:
For English it is because BPPS also uses the STELLAR program, where from what I understand, you don't need textbooks.
I think in this situation, maybe better to get it from the school itself. So when do you plan to go?preciousjam:
was at Popular in plaza....most of the pri 1 books are out of stocks...heard that could be coming in these few days....realize they don't have the English course books there....I'm not sure if they will bring it in...
only compare the chinese course book 1 and activity book 1, no stock for the rest. Prices are the same but Popular did say they offer 5% for textbooks.... -
no wonder the publisher for the English is Teachers’ production and I thought I’ve never seen this publisher before…was thinking of going on friday…maybe not so crowded? saw that most of the coursebooks arrived in United Square popular…wonder if can get the thumbdrive outside? saw a 2GB thumbdrive at challenger $13.90
-
What about around 4 - 430 pm on Friday? I'll take time out from work and come there.
I think we should be able to buy the thumb drive and ear phones from outside, it may be cheaper.preciousjam:
no wonder the publisher for the English is Teachers' production and I thought I've never seen this publisher before....was thinking of going on friday...maybe not so crowded? saw that most of the coursebooks arrived in United Square popular.....wonder if can get the thumbdrive outside? saw a 2GB thumbdrive at challenger $13.90
-
vividlaurel:
good idea...just remembered my son's class end at 4.30...will bring him over immediately after school....what do you think? I also thought of getting those IT stuff outside...I've the challenger card so might be able to get it cheaper...just have to take note of the brand they are selling if we want to get the same....is it a hassle for you to get time off? I can check with hubby if he want to go on sat instead....What about around 4 - 430 pm on Friday? I'll take time out from work and come there.
I think we should be able to buy the thumb drive and ear phones from outside, it may be cheaper.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login