Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Henry Park Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    1.3k Posts 149 Posters 534.0k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • I Offline
      ice_melody
      last edited by

      TwaTau:
      ice_melody:

      thinking of enroling my boy in hpps in future, but house at 7 km away, i will like to find out how early is the school bus from outram to hhps(for am )?and what is the rate like?


      Hey, same problem I had 2 years ago. Started DS on school bus, but we did it one way as the morning pick up time of 6am is too early! So we send him there instead in the morning and he takes the school bus back in the afternoon. Cost us $100 per month for one way in the afternoon. After 6 months, DS switch to public bus as we realized he only take the school bus once a week because of his activities in the afternoon. And the one off pickup off the normal time is not guarantee and cost ~$5-10, can't remember the exact. He is in P5 now, and was transfer from another school. If yours is joining at P1, you should seriously consider the logistic arrangement, it a pain, 😢

      hi,
      which area do u live in?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • E Offline
        edrickelleon
        last edited by

        Hi,


        I know I may not belong here as have not yet registered my child to HPPS but very keen to do so and would like your advice.

        I’m wish to apply PV in order to qualify my child in Phase 2B and wish to know if any parent here got their child into HPPS under this phase previously?

        I had downloaded their PV form and was looking at the fields to fill in the description.

        Honestly for sports wise, I was the assistant captain of the badminton club back in old school but that was 2 decades ago, so the ability to coach…uh…
        then as for piano, arts and drama, I’m not that type and so really got nothing I can offer to the school.
        As for decorations, well, yes but I thought most PV’s will say yes to this so there’s really no distinction.
        There’s one thing which I think I might fit in is that I’ve recently enroll myself with British Council to take up their teaching course for young learners aged from 6 - 16. I am not in teaching profession but enrol the course because I want to be a better and effective tutor for my child in terms of English Language. So I can offer ideas that I’ve learnt from this course to assist teachers in coaching students in this areana or offer help to those students whom are weak in this subject on a voluntary basis.

        I understand that the school go through the applications and shortlist for interviews. My question is, what is it the school wants to see from the application? Honestly, I guess there’s nothing much to write about things like library and administration support and also many parents I presumed will be able to offer help in these area. So how can one’s application be distinctive that the school will shortlist them for the interview?

        Sorry a little lengthy here. As a 1st timer, I hope to get some ideas on how I can increase my chances to be shortlisted by the school upon my application.

        Thanks

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • A Offline
          AhLeng
          last edited by

          I also have plans to volunteer as PV but i called the school and they take in only about 20+ PVs out of over 100 applicants. Very stressful.


          Anyway, MOE intends to have all schools operate on single session by 2016. Is Henry Park big enough to accommodate single session for P1 to P6? If they have to expand, i don’t think there is room on their premises to build a new block / new wing as it’s surrounded by residential estate. Does anyone have more info on their expansion?

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • S Offline
            Sun_2010
            last edited by

            Yes they are going to. Probably by 2014.


            Expansion planned in 2012/2013. During this time the Old RJC campus will be the Holding school .

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • K Offline
              kanyaramesh
              last edited by

              Sun_2010:
              Yes they are going to. Probably by 2014.


              Expansion planned in 2012/2013. During this time the Old RJC campus will be the Holding school .
              Hi Sun _2010

              where did you get the info? is the old RJC campus the one in Grange Road? During their time in the RJC campus will they operate a Single or partial double session?

              Am being kaypoh as DS is starting P1 next year and would like to do some advance planning.

              :lol:

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • T Offline
                TwaTau
                last edited by

                It is from the school's Letter to Parents:


                http://www.henryparkpri.moe.edu.sg/wbn/slot/u1878/Letter%20to%20Parents%2009-2010.pdf

                The temporary school is at the former RJC Mount Sinai Road campus. Not too far from the current school.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • K Offline
                  kanyaramesh
                  last edited by

                  TwaTau:
                  It is from the school's Letter to Parents:


                  http://www.henryparkpri.moe.edu.sg/wbn/slot/u1878/Letter%20to%20Parents%2009-2010.pdf

                  The temporary school is at the former RJC Mount Sinai Road campus. Not too far from the current school.
                  thanks!

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • F Offline
                    Fang Wei
                    last edited by

                    Hi guys, how to choose a good CCA for my kid? We are in Henry park, any good CCA in henry park?

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • C Offline
                      cody
                      last edited by

                      Calling all parents of 2011 Pri 1 intake!

                      There’s a letter from the school… follow up action required!
                      Your child’s assigned class is also indicated next to his/her name.

                      Existing parents:
                      On the topic of buying textbooks, any difference ordering online vs buying from the school itself?

                      Thank you!

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • T Offline
                        TwaTau
                        last edited by

                        cody:
                        Existing parents: On the topic of buying textbooks, any difference ordering online vs buying from the school itself?
                        Personally if you ask me, I still prefer to feel the real thing then to buy online. It is also one opportunity where you are allow to roam the school with your child. Time permit of course.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 18
                        • 19
                        • 20
                        • 21
                        • 22
                        • 132
                        • 133
                        • 20 / 133
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy