Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Rulang Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    1.6k Posts 125 Posters 579.9k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • phtthpP Offline
      phtthp
      last edited by

      Thanks buds, for gentle reminder (din read her clause properly).


      can you pls help to edit your message - remove the link into her website direct?

      Thank you very much for kind help rendered.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • R Offline
        RRMummy
        last edited by

        silverhorse:
        RRMummy,


        Did you attend the talk at the beginning of the year at the school hall? Your child will bring it back home as the teacher gives it out in class for parents. Its multi-coloured papers ( one color for each subject) and it spells clearly what is to be tested in CA1, SA1 and SA2 and the marks proportion....

        But I guess, since the Pri 1s are doing holistic assessment, maybe its different? I'm not sure. Just keep a look out next year.
        gaagaa, Sotong1209.. other P1 parents, for my sanity, please advice if you have received those precious multi-coloured papers.. πŸ™

        from the look of the this year's papers looks the same as last year.. also with CA1, SA1, SA2 only renamed as Mock Test, Semestral Review 1 and Semestral Review 2. And split into Part 1 and Part 2... the coming SR2 EL will include Dictation, Listening Compre, 4-tile Composition and all those Vocab, Grammer MCQ for Part 1 then Part2 will be the OE Questions..

        Same as previous years??

        I suppose the only difference is that Part 1 and 2 is 2 weeks apart? :scratchhead:

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • R Offline
          RRMummy
          last edited by

          starlight1968sg:
          However, the tentative dates of CA1, SA1, etc various important activities are printed in the student's handbook.

          The dates deviated a fair bit for us in Semester 1 and so I did not take the timetable seriously. BTW, the exam format changes had some teachers stunned too... so future P1 parents, learn from my lesson here okay πŸ˜‰

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • G Offline
            gaagaa
            last edited by

            RRMummy:


            gaagaa, Sotong1209.. other P1 parents, for my sanity, please advice if you have received those precious multi-coloured papers.. πŸ™

            from the look of the this year's papers looks the same as last year.. also with CA1, SA1, SA2 only renamed as Mock Test, Semestral Review 1 and
            Semestral Review 2. And split into Part 1 and Part 2... the coming SR2 EL will include Dictation, Listening Compre, 4-tile Composition and all those
            Vocab, Grammer MCQ for Part 1 then Part2 will be the OE Questions..

            Same as previous years??

            I suppose the only difference is that Part 1 and 2 is 2 weeks apart? :scratchhead:
            Hi RRMummy, I had those multicolored papers... I dun have last year paper for comparison....but for Chinese, there is a 5 sentence picture composition to be tested on this Friday... I was wrong about the format earlier on, so sorry...

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • S Offline
              Sotong1209
              last edited by

              Hello RRMummy,

              Ya I had those multi coloured paper booklet. It was given during the orientation early this year.
              By the way for the 5 sentence picture composition, I wonder whether if the kids do not know how to write the Han(4)Zi(4), can they replace with Hanyupinyin ah?

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • L Offline
                Lock
                last edited by

                Sotong1209:
                Hello RRMummy,

                Ya I had those multi coloured paper booklet. It was given during the orientation early this year.
                By the way for the 5 sentence picture composition, I wonder whether if the kids do not know how to write the Han(4)Zi(4), can they replace with Hanyupinyin ah?
                If the words r those found n learnt in textbk, must know how to write, if write HYPY will minus mark. But if words outside textbk dat d kids know how to use but dun know how to write can use HYPY. Generally if too many HYPY will influence the marker's impression n kid may get lower marks.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • S Offline
                  Sotong1209
                  last edited by

                  Thanks Lock.


                  But the hanzi really is alot to learn.Really nowadays primary 1 is not easy 😞

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • G Offline
                    gaagaa
                    last edited by

                    Lock:
                    Sotong1209:

                    Hello RRMummy,

                    Ya I had those multi coloured paper booklet. It was given during the orientation early this year.
                    By the way for the 5 sentence picture composition, I wonder whether if the kids do not know how to write the Han(4)Zi(4), can they replace with Hanyupinyin ah?

                    If the words r those found n learnt in textbk, must know how to write, if write HYPY will minus mark. But if words outside textbk dat d kids know how to use but dun know how to write can use HYPY. Generally if too many HYPY will influence the marker's impression n kid may get lower marks.

                    Yes, what Lock said was right. In addition, if the sentence is too simple, marks will be deducted as well. This was what my DD's Chinese teacher told me. 6 marks for this section, hard to score unless ur kid is from China πŸ˜›

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • S Offline
                      Sotong1209
                      last edited by

                      Hello Gaagaa,

                      By the way my boy told me that for Maths Paper II, his teacher says no model drawing is required for those problem sums. Did your kid tell you the same thing?
                      I asked him to confirm again but he was very sure about it so I just need to verify again : )

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • G Offline
                        gaagaa
                        last edited by

                        Sotong1209:
                        Hello Gaagaa,

                        By the way my boy told me that for Maths Paper II, his teacher says no model drawing is required for those problem sums. Did your kid tell you the same thing?
                        I asked him to confirm again but he was very sure about it so I just need to verify again : )
                        Hi hi, I din check with the teacher but I think ur son was right... I believe it's not compulsory but helps the child in arriving at the correct answer. There are some tricky questions that tricked my DD... When I asked her to draw out the model, she got the correct answer. so I didn't ask my DD not to draw. In fact, if they can master modelling technique, it'll help them in future when the maths problem sums get harder.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 105
                        • 106
                        • 107
                        • 108
                        • 109
                        • 162
                        • 163
                        • 107 / 163
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy