Pasir Ris Primary
-
"respECt"
2nd letter E=Empathy is A class
C=Compassionate is B class
the 1st letter E=Execellent is C class…
According to the teacher i met, the mixture is get the stronger students to help the weaker students.
Sch will arrange the cohort and arranged them by according to their marks.
Example Top ten, the odd nos (1, 3, 5, 7) will go a A class and even nos (2, 4, 6, 8 & 10) will go to B class…so on and so for. According to the teacher, this is not a new system, some sch have adapted this long time ago and PRPS just do it this year. -
Ohh that makes sense. How about the other letters then? I heard something similar has been implemented in Rgps and poi Ching. I don’t know if this makes things better or worse but I suppose it will be less stressful for the kids
-
Hi, I considering this school for my girl who will be in p1 next year.
Could anyone advise whether there is exams for the 1st 3 yrs in school? I heard 1st 3yrs there will be no exam and results based on assessments…is it true?
From the school website, can’t seem to find much infor on the CCA offered…can share more infor on it? Thanks… -
My boy is in P4 this year. For his p1 and P2, homework is very managable. In fact, I still can give him my own homework for the day. P3, slightly more homework but I must say it’s still managable as well. During my son era, he has small tests, the school say it’s holistic tests, to me, still tests la. But there is no streaming for p1. Results in p2 will determine the class in p3. Btw, i am a FTWM.
-
ctrlaltdel:
My boy is in P4 this year. For his p1 and P2, homework is very managable. In fact, I still can give him my own homework for the day. P3, slightly more homework but I must say it's still managable as well. During my son era, he has small tests, the school say it's holistic tests, to me, still tests la. But there is no streaming for p1. Results in p2 will determine the class in p3. Btw, i am a FTWM.
Hi, thanks for your reply. Can check w u...since they dun have exams from pri 1 to pr3... Do they attend extra enrichment classes like maths, English, etc? I heard from my neighbors that majority students need to attend as they r not tested in lower primary levels and when tested in pri4, they r not prepared for it? Is it true? -
Hmm, you are mistaken. There are tests from p1 onwards, except that p1 does not stream students to p2. Streaming starts from p2. As for extra enrichment lessons, I would think most parents would sign kids on because of their kiasum, not so much because the kids are not prepared for the exams in school.
-
ctrlaltdel:
Hmm, you are mistaken. There are tests from p1 onwards, except that p1 does not stream students to p2. Streaming starts from p2. As for extra enrichment lessons, I would think most parents would sign kids on because of their kiasum, not so much because the kids are not prepared for the exams in school.
Hehehe, I agree w u parents signed up enrichment courses due to KS....
Btw, how do u find the teachers and mgt? One parent fr my girl class shared w me that the support fr principal and teachers r quite good and low turnover of staff.... From I seen fr the website, last year 8 teachers left and 7 new teachers joined...not sure whether the teachers left due to retirement or rotation of schools.....really appreciated that u shared so much information as it seem the school seems ideal for my girl....I even went over to the school today...sneaked in as the school gate wasn't close....the canteen is very clean...everything seems to be quite neat and tidy....good environment.... -
I have pm you.
-
Hi to all mummies and daddies,
Can i get some feedback for Pasir Ris Primary?
Tks in advance… -
Hi All,
I am Pasir Ris Primary old school girl and will like to register my Girl into the school (P1) but the problem is we are staying in Punggol.
Is there any one staying in punggol also?
Care to share how your kid go home after school?
Will there be a lot of after school event like CCA or extra classes?
Thanks!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login