Fairfield Methodist Primary
-
Why still no report books?!
-
-
-
3Boys:
Why still no report books?!
Ya, so late this year. -
-
-
Hi, how are students streamed into their classes next year? Is it like the best 30 goes to the best class, then next 30 goes to the next best class?
How to know which are the best/better classes?
Without the ranking and lack of information, I find it quite hard to gauge if my child is doing alright in school…
Any advice/insight is appreciated. Thank you. -
Ya there is no way to know except to ask the form teacher
But I find a bit awkward to ask… -
Any idea about the range of marks in P5 streaming for top classes this year?What is the max and min marks in P5 top classes this year.How many students in top classes and what are those classes?.What are the subjects it was considered in P4 for P5 streaming?.Can pls somebody share.Thanks
-
Hi Parents,
I wished I had known about this conversation earlier
I was one of the parents who spoke to the P when the note was issued earlier this year, informing parents that rankings will no longer be revealed to parents and students. The school's policy is quite strict. While I understand that it may be detrimental for a child's morale to have all these rankings written in one's report books, it is also the school's policy that teachers will not reveal rankings or even indicative rankings to parents who wish to know their child's position.
I am also wondering whether kids in C/F/G are equally distributed - I believe it is the case for the P4 2014s (first year the C/F/G was introduced). But I am not entirely sure about the P3 2014s. -
chanelprincess34:
My son's form teacher has been tight-lipped. There are however some 'indicators' one can use to ascertain the child's rough position range within a cohort, such as the Edusave awards, whether child is a prize winner, class assignments, Chinese class allocation etc.Ya there is no way to know except to ask the form teacher
But I find a bit awkward to ask.... -
Hi doodbug
Which level is your child in? So did you find out fm the teacher regards to your child's ranking ?

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login