Maris Stella High
-
What is this 'PAL' subject?
My son's timetable has a legend explaining the different acronyms, eg MA = Maths, EN = English. But for PAL, it is PAL = PAL!
Regarding the recess system, I think the 'quality' of the P5 Buddy they get varies. I hear of buddies who chope seats and buy food for their charges and others who only play with the P1 boy. My son's P5 buddy lets my son take the lead! He buys what my son buys (even if it's only a drink) and sits with him to finish the drink/food. Aiyo. -
beanstalk:
PAL = Programme for Active LearningWhat is this 'PAL' subject?
My son's timetable has a legend explaining the different acronyms, eg MA = Maths, EN = English. But for PAL, it is PAL = PAL!
Regarding the recess system, I think the 'quality' of the P5 Buddy they get varies. I hear of buddies who chope seats and buy food for their charges and others who only play with the P1 boy. My son's P5 buddy lets my son take the lead! He buys what my son buys (even if it's only a drink) and sits with him to finish the drink/food. Aiyo.
Link from MOE:
http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/press/2010/09/developing-skills-and-values.php
My DS enjoyed PAL lessons last year.
As for buddies system, I believe it really depend on the P5 buddy being assigned. The main objective is to help the P1 when they have problem buying food from the canteen. It seem like your DS is quite independent. You should be happy.
-
There are far too many vending machines selling sweet drinks in MS. I dont understand why the school allows it.
In my DD's primary sch,the only sweet drinks is from the drinks stall ... Milo. The rest are 'juices' ...
My DS is in P2. The 1st 2 days, he had to Q 2 times as the food he wanted,pizza, was sold out from 1st stall. He could only buy pao on his 2nd attempt. Yesterday,he came home triumphantly, told me that he finally got a taste of the pizza :boogie: -
Was wondering what is PAL as well.
Found this (from January 2011) :
http://pri.marisstellahigh.moe.edu.sg/wbn/slot/u2581/Letters/2011/jan/07%20Jan%202011%20-%20A%20New%20Programme%20for%20Active%20Learning%20%28PAL%29%20for%20all%20P1%20%26%20P2%20during%20Curriculum.pdf -
seestar:
My DS loves pizza as well. I wonder how come he didn't buy that. Maybe I should tell him he can eat other food beside chicken rice.There are far too many vending machines selling sweet drinks in MS. I dont understand why the school allows it.
In my DD's primary sch,the only sweet drinks is from the drinks stall ... Milo. The rest are 'juices' ...
My DS is in P2. The 1st 2 days, he had to Q 2 times as the food he wanted,pizza, was sold out from 1st stall. He could only buy pao on his 2nd attempt. Yesterday,he came home triumphantly, told me that he finally got a taste of the pizza :boogie:
-
I have two boys, 1 in P2 and the other one in P6. Both have no problem with the staggared recess as I pack food for them daily however they complained alot on not able to go back to their classes after they finish their food. They are not allow to roam around like last time, they feel so restricted. My P6 boy does not play, he used to go back to the classroom after recess to rest or complete his work but now I was told that the staircases are locked with chains. He and his friends hated this arrangement so much, they felt as if they are in a \"prison\". I was in the school 1 of the recess, indeed the Q is long and now the canteen became stuffy as walls are built to contain the noise

-
bigfoot:
Tks much, Bigfoot
If there is anything that need to be brought, the students will usually reflect it in their Marist Buddy. I don't remember that my DS need to bring anything for PAL lessons. He needs to wear house t-shirt during those lessons though.mauricemum:
Hi All,
am new to this forum..btw DS is in 1E.
Can anyone here advise what do we need to bring for PAL 1 & PAL 2 as listed in their timetable?
Tx -
wow so many changes ah…walls around the canteen?
Vending machines are very cool for these young kids. My ds loves buying stuff fr the machines. Agree that the canteen should cut down on selling unhealthy food such as chips and sweet drinks. -
My son from 1E forgot to bring back his personal folder.
Want to check if any fellow 1E parents can advise if there is anything from the teacher? -
DS came home today with 50cents in his pocket. His wallet is empty and I asked him what he bought with $1.50 as we gave him total $2. He said he did not buy any food from canteen becos of the long queue (again!), and only ate biscuits/bread that we packed for him. He is puzzled as to what happened to the $ too! He said maybe he ran and $ dropped out!! I questioned him many times and I believed he is telling the truth that he did not use the $. I am inclined to think he could really hv dropped the $ and not that someone stole it from him! Has this ever happened to anyone’s kid before?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login