Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Tingkat Dinner

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Tuckshop
    283 Posts 83 Posters 319.1k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M Offline
      mrswongtuition
      last edited by

      Just saw this thread.


      I just ordered Tingkat lunch for myself plus my maid cos it gets quite boring when we cook small quantities.

      Took the risk and ordered from http://www.empirefood.com.sg/tingkat.htm
      Found them via Yahoo Search šŸ˜›
      I called Mom's Kitchen previously and their packages are very expensive, I might as well order Pasta Mania delivery:p

      Anyway, I liked that Empire Food listed their menu clearly (and I like the dishes they have).
      And when I called in, the guy who answered was very patient in explaining to me and listened to my requirements.
      Easy to order (online ordering).

      Best part: No extra charges if you only want it on certain days.
      I ordered for Mon, Wed, Fri only so that on Tue and Thu we can still cook or buy lunch.

      First meal starts tomorrow, will post feedback/photos. šŸ˜„
      Hope it's good!
      (Hubs intend to order for his office if the food is good too. Cos his office only got 1 canteen nearby and he hates the food plus it's exp!)

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • starlight1968sgS Offline
        starlight1968sg
        last edited by

        mrswongtuition:
        Just saw this thread.


        I just ordered Tingkat lunch for myself plus my maid cos it gets quite boring when we cook small quantities.

        Took the risk and ordered from http://www.empirefood.com.sg/tingkat.htm
        Found them via Yahoo Search šŸ˜›
        I guess you ordered the food for 2 pax at $190. Does this include GST?
        Thanks.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • A Offline
          Augmum
          last edited by

          mrswongtuition:

          I called Mom's Kitchen previously and their packages are very expensive, I might as well order Pasta Mania delivery:p
          i do find their prices unjustifiable too, šŸ˜‰ šŸ˜›
          for 2 persons at $400, work out to be $20 per meal,
          i rather order fr Zi Car, ( at least 2 dishes, if pay slightly more, can come with 3 dishes but their portion is bigger)
          i am sure Zi car's standard def better than a caterer šŸ˜›
          afterall, they are not serving those expensive dishes, like crabs, scallops or cod fish

          no matter, how good the caterers are, u will get tired with their food after a few months......
          in the past, i had tried many caterers b4,
          some BETTER ones would be with them for few months to a max of 1 yr,
          while those Horrible ones, could not even \"tolerate\" for the 10 days trial period.........

          those with experience from tingkat dinner delivery would know what and how i feel....hehe

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • M Offline
            mrswongtuition
            last edited by

            starlight1968sg:
            mrswongtuition:

            Just saw this thread.


            I just ordered Tingkat lunch for myself plus my maid cos it gets quite boring when we cook small quantities.

            Took the risk and ordered from http://www.empirefood.com.sg/tingkat.htm
            Found them via Yahoo Search šŸ˜›

            I guess you ordered the food for 2 pax at $190. Does this include GST?
            Thanks.

            I ordered for 1pax cos 3 dish & 1 soup is alot...
            I normally eat 1-2 dishes with rice & I'm full!
            My maid doesn't eat much either.
            Based on our experience with tingkat, 1 person portion can be shared between me & my maid. At most is fry an additional egg or heat up leftover dinner to add on šŸ˜›

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • M Offline
              mrswongtuition
              last edited by

              No GST as mentioned on their website šŸ™‚

              Hope the food is good šŸ™‚
              My maid says she wants to try the dishes then learn to cook to increase the variety she knows.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • Y Offline
                yqyq
                last edited by

                oo...thank you for your recommendation...really had enough of Mom's catering...premium price but lousy services...by the way, how u feel the daily soup? do they use pepper and taste spicy? my dd cant take spicy foods.... :oops:


                mrswongtuition:
                Just saw this thread.

                I just ordered Tingkat lunch for myself plus my maid cos it gets quite boring when we cook small quantities.

                Took the risk and ordered from http://www.empirefood.com.sg/tingkat.htm
                Found them via Yahoo Search šŸ˜›
                I called Mom's Kitchen previously and their packages are very expensive, I might as well order Pasta Mania delivery:p

                Anyway, I liked that Empire Food listed their menu clearly (and I like the dishes they have).
                And when I called in, the guy who answered was very patient in explaining to me and listened to my requirements.
                Easy to order (online ordering).

                Best part: No extra charges if you only want it on certain days.
                I ordered for Mon, Wed, Fri only so that on Tue and Thu we can still cook or buy lunch.

                First meal starts tomorrow, will post feedback/photos. šŸ˜„
                Hope it's good!
                (Hubs intend to order for his office if the food is good too. Cos his office only got 1 canteen nearby and he hates the food plus it's exp!)

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • M Offline
                  mrswongtuition
                  last edited by

                  As mentioned, my first meal with them starts tomorrow.

                  Will update after I've tried their food šŸ™‚

                  yqyq:
                  oo...thank you for your recommendation...really had enough of Mom's catering...premium price but lousy services...by the way, how u feel the daily soup? do they use pepper and taste spicy? my dd cant take spicy foods.... :oops:

                  mrswongtuition:

                  Just saw this thread.

                  I just ordered Tingkat lunch for myself plus my maid cos it gets quite boring when we cook small quantities.

                  Took the risk and ordered from http://www.empirefood.com.sg/tingkat.htm
                  Found them via Yahoo Search šŸ˜›
                  I called Mom's Kitchen previously and their packages are very expensive, I might as well order Pasta Mania delivery:p

                  Anyway, I liked that Empire Food listed their menu clearly (and I like the dishes they have).
                  And when I called in, the guy who answered was very patient in explaining to me and listened to my requirements.
                  Easy to order (online ordering).

                  Best part: No extra charges if you only want it on certain days.
                  I ordered for Mon, Wed, Fri only so that on Tue and Thu we can still cook or buy lunch.

                  First meal starts tomorrow, will post feedback/photos. šŸ˜„
                  Hope it's good!
                  (Hubs intend to order for his office if the food is good too. Cos his office only got 1 canteen nearby and he hates the food plus it's exp!)

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • M Offline
                    mrswongtuition
                    last edited by

                    Munching on Empire Food's tingkat lunch right now.

                    Good!
                    Will update my blog later with photos šŸ™‚

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • M Offline
                      minnie2004
                      last edited by

                      Look forward to more of your comments mrswong! I also saw their website before but didn't try. I'm interested in lunch delivery for me and my maid too. If I can solve the lunch problem I have 1 less meal to worry about šŸ˜„

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • S Offline
                        sakura_2009
                        last edited by

                        mrswongtuition:
                        Just saw this thread.


                        I just ordered Tingkat lunch for myself plus my maid cos it gets quite boring when we cook small quantities.

                        Took the risk and ordered from http://www.empirefood.com.sg/tingkat.htm
                        Found them via Yahoo Search šŸ˜›
                        I called Mom's Kitchen previously and their packages are very expensive, I might as well order Pasta Mania delivery:p

                        Anyway, I liked that Empire Food listed their menu clearly (and I like the dishes they have).
                        And when I called in, the guy who answered was very patient in explaining to me and listened to my requirements.
                        Easy to order (online ordering).

                        Best part: No extra charges if you only want it on certain days.
                        I ordered for Mon, Wed, Fri only so that on Tue and Thu we can still cook or buy lunch.

                        First meal starts tomorrow, will post feedback/photos. šŸ˜„
                        Hope it's good!
                        (Hubs intend to order for his office if the food is good too. Cos his office only got 1 canteen nearby and he hates the food plus it's exp!)
                        You mean can order any number of days in a week? Most caterers I know need to have at least an order of 4 days in a week, with no replacement meals, while others are strictly for orders of 5 days in a week...

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 5
                        • 6
                        • 7
                        • 8
                        • 9
                        • 28
                        • 29
                        • 7 / 29
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        4

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy