Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Catholic High School

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    2.3k Posts 66 Posters 734.2k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S Offline
      Singaporemum
      last edited by

      is NCC/NPCC very time consuming? my son is interested to join but I am afraid that he may not be able to manage his time properly.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • I Offline
        Ichigokun
        last edited by

        llbros545:
        Ichigokun:

        [quote=\"firefly38\"]
        I like Japanese but too bad I'm not the top 10% of the level in my primary school for PSLE. Anyway I'm learning Japanese myself ever since I was 9 alr so I know quite a bit XD

        Anyway Ichigo can stand for strawberry in Japanese. It's basically also a character from a Japanese anime.

        Anyway the NCC Air CCA trial is very tiring. I got cramps now. Haha πŸ˜“

        OO NCC Air, interested? hahas, coz my CCA's NCC Air..

        [/quote]No. Sadly, I was scared off by the push-ups and the seniors shouting and how you cannot even tilt your head, scratch ur butt or something like that.

        Anyway, I find that most punishments in CHS are via push-ups.
        Very scary. I keep getting cramps πŸ˜“

        Pray that I won't get punished πŸ™ :xedfingers:

        Anyway, llbros545; any idea how to stop these push-ups or any idea at Secondary what will the push-ups be gone for good?

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • L Offline
          llbros545
          last edited by

          Stop the push ups? Not sure what you mean there but it is true that punishments are doled out in the form of push ups or standing outside the staff rooms, lols. Pretty regimental.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • I Offline
            Ichigokun
            last edited by

            llbros545:
            Stop the push ups? Not sure what you mean there but it is true that punishments are doled out in the form of push ups or standing outside the staff rooms, lols. Pretty regimental.

            Omg. If no do homework one time also kena push up? :lightrod: Die alr la. I suck at sports.

            Can ask my parents to make special request to the teacher to not give me push-ups? Cause I will keep getting cramps. -_- πŸ˜“

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • K Offline
              KS-Lim
              last edited by

              Singaporemum:
              is NCC/NPCC very time consuming? my son is interested to join but I am afraid that he may not be able to manage his time properly.

              Hi Singaporemum

              My DS is also keen in NPCC/NCC. According to him, NPCC is every Wed and Fri. Not sure about NCC. I also have the same concern about his time management.

              Anyone knows when will the new students need to make their choices on their CCA? All uniform groups require 2 days / week of activities?

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • L Offline
                llbros545
                last edited by

                NCC is only once per week, unless there are special activities. From my friends’ experiences, NPCC is pretty hectic during the holidays as they have to return on almost every other day, with short intervals.


                Choosing of CCAs should be after classes are allocated, and if my memory serves me well, quite a bit after that. CCA exhibition is next week, btw. Should have ample time to make the important and astute decision.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • phankaoP Offline
                  phankao
                  last edited by

                  llbros545:
                  Stop the push ups? Not sure what you mean there but it is true that punishments are doled out in the form of push ups or standing outside the staff rooms, lols. Pretty regimental.

                  haha... I remember (2yrs ago, I think), seeing the boys who arrived a little late at morning assembly at the Plaza being asked to do push-ups. I even took photos .*oops*. Some of the boys asked to do push-ups were those who forgot some Chinese book that they were supposed to bring.

                  Yah, my boy had some blisters on his palm from doing push-ups at the track, then he said Uniform groups - URGH>

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • L Offline
                    llbros545
                    last edited by

                    Erm, I only know of few teachers who punish students via push ups. Those are reserved for the DM. Stricter teachers have a whole list of punishments up their sleeves that they can conjure up at will, from copying textbook chapters to cleaning the DNT workshop (lols). However, most of the teachers will allow for grace periods when it comes to late work. Ultimately, it’s still up to the student.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • K Offline
                      KS-Lim
                      last edited by

                      llbros545:
                      NCC is only once per week, unless there are special activities. From my friends' experiences, NPCC is pretty hectic during the holidays as they have to return on almost every other day, with short intervals.


                      Choosing of CCAs should be after classes are allocated, and if my memory serves me well, quite a bit after that. CCA exhibition is next week, btw. Should have ample time to make the important and astute decision.
                      Hi llbros545

                      Thanks for your sharing.

                      Can you pls share a little bit more about NCC - Air (your CCA) ? e.g. training is on which day of the week? How \"tedious\" is your training? Any restriction if the student is short-sighted? etc.

                      Thanks in advance.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • I Offline
                        Ichigokun
                        last edited by

                        Waaa.... So strict. Not like my primary school issue warning nia -_- πŸ˜“


                        Hahaha... Any of u know of any more lenient and \"kind\" teachers in CHS?

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 26
                        • 27
                        • 28
                        • 29
                        • 30
                        • 232
                        • 233
                        • 28 / 233
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        thebottomsupblogT
                        thebottomsupblog
                        hillarypangH
                        hillarypang

                        Statistics

                        9

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy