Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Catholic High School

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    2.3k Posts 66 Posters 733.2k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • I Offline
      Ichigokun
      last edited by

      phankao:
      llbros545:

      Never been taught by Long lao shi, but she's one fierce tigress from what I can see..


      So I guessed who you were talking about. :rotflmao:

      She was damn fierce during the CIP briefing. Maybe she's two-faced (ok this is a Chinese phrase in english literally). She was kinda kind during the registration day of S1 LOL

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • phankaoP Offline
        phankao
        last edited by

        Ichigokun:

        Anyway, in CHS every morning they say a prayer before crossing themselves.

        Is it okay to not do it since I'm Buddhist? You know. Like Buddhists can't cross themselves and Christians can't enter temples.
        Yes, it's ok. Just stand there and be respectful. Don't need to do the \"sign of the cross\". Just remain quiet while they are saying prayers - no SMS'g, or making faces at friends/sign language.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • I Offline
          Ichigokun
          last edited by

          phankao:
          Ichigokun:


          Anyway, in CHS every morning they say a prayer before crossing themselves.

          Is it okay to not do it since I'm Buddhist? You know. Like Buddhists can't cross themselves and Christians can't enter temples.

          Yes, it's ok. Just stand there and be respectful. Don't need to do the \"sign of the cross\". Just remain quiet while they are saying prayers - no SMS'g, or making faces at friends/sign language.

          I haven't made any new friends so far nor do I have any phone so far to e busy SMSing away. πŸ˜‚

          Don't worry. I know how to respect others. Moreover, I very well know the consequences if I make friends or SMS during the prayer.

          You know what ------- Push Upsssssssss!

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • L Offline
            llbros545
            last edited by

            Yea was there for the briefing, amongst the sec 4s. Oh and it isn’t really all that bad with the push-ups, it is used but really, few of the teachers ever do that. Just try not to test the raw nerves of some of the scarier ones.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • I Offline
              Ichigokun
              last edited by

              llbros545:
              Yea was there for the briefing, amongst the sec 4s. Oh and it isn't really all that bad with the push-ups, it is used but really, few of the teachers ever do that. Just try not to test the raw nerves of some of the scarier ones.

              XD Okay. Thanks for the advice. If I see any of the scarier teachers I faster siam. πŸ˜‚

              :thankyou:

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • phankaoP Offline
                phankao
                last edited by

                Ichigokun:
                llbros545:

                Yea was there for the briefing, amongst the sec 4s. Oh and it isn't really all that bad with the push-ups, it is used but really, few of the teachers ever do that. Just try not to test the raw nerves of some of the scarier ones.


                XD Okay. Thanks for the advice. If I see any of the scarier teachers I faster siam. πŸ˜‚

                :thankyou:

                No, Don't *siam*. Just *bow* and greet them respectfully like a CHS gentlemen (chinese school style! rmbr CHS is Chinese school), then it will all be fine! Otherwise - what kind of impression would you give? ;D

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • I Offline
                  Ichigokun
                  last edited by

                  phankao:
                  Ichigokun:

                  [quote=\"llbros545\"]Yea was there for the briefing, amongst the sec 4s. Oh and it isn't really all that bad with the push-ups, it is used but really, few of the teachers ever do that. Just try not to test the raw nerves of some of the scarier ones.


                  XD Okay. Thanks for the advice. If I see any of the scarier teachers I faster siam. πŸ˜‚

                  :thankyou:

                  No, Don't *siam*. Just *bow* and greet them respectfully like a CHS gentlemen (chinese school style! rmbr CHS is Chinese school), then it will all be fine! Otherwise - what kind of impression would you give? ;D[/quote]πŸ˜‚ ok πŸ™‚ But seriously hopefully my class won't have any fierce teachers :B

                  Later they shout at us when we do sth wrong

                  Or:

                  \"KNOCK IT DOWN. KNOCK IT DOWN.\" :lol:

                  -Does Pushups-

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • C Offline
                    Careermum
                    last edited by

                    phankao:
                    Ichigokun:



                    No, Don't *siam*. Just *bow* and greet them respectfully like a CHS gentlemen (chinese school style! rmbr CHS is Chinese school), then it will all be fine! Otherwise - what kind of impression would you give? ;D

                    esp Mr Lee (principal). At p1 meet parent session on 1st day of sch, he narrated that when he went out to eat w family, n CHS students came up to him to greet him, his wife was v impressed. She thot students will siam when see principal. So Mr Lee wants to train the boys to b respectful, like this.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • C Offline
                      Careermum
                      last edited by

                      Do anyone know the lowest n highest COP for both affliate n non-affiliate that came in this yr?

                      So far ds1 said non affliate min 248, but don’t know what 's the highest score.
                      ds1 also said he met a few affiliate w 230 here, n didn’t meet any lower. Then what’s the highest affiliate score?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • Z Offline
                        zacharykieran
                        last edited by

                        phankao:
                        The CIP Teacher? *hehe* over the years, I've watched her being very encouraging, and at the same time being very sarcastic.(\"where is your brain? Time to take it out of the freezer!) 😜

                        Hahaha I think I know which teacher you're talking about! πŸ˜›

                        A former teacher of mine once remarked how the Sec 4s would stifle giggles whenever they were being scolded by her, while the Sec 1s would stare at her blankly/in fear

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 28
                        • 29
                        • 30
                        • 31
                        • 32
                        • 232
                        • 233
                        • 30 / 233
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        qqtang0526Q
                        qqtang0526
                        WordWizardsW
                        WordWizards

                        Statistics

                        3

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy