All About Wushu
-
auntieM:
My son have been attending wushu classes at Chi Life Studio for about 3 years now. His masters are from China, and one of them from Shaolin. The classes are conducted in English, 'padded' flooring and small groups. He is happy there :lol:
Hi anutieM,
Where is Chi Life Studio? -
singapore45:
It is located at Orchard Hotel Shopping Arcade, on the second floor..auntieM:
My son have been attending wushu classes at Chi Life Studio for about 3 years now. His masters are from China, and one of them from Shaolin. The classes are conducted in English, 'padded' flooring and small groups. He is happy there :lol:
Hi anutieM,
Where is Chi Life Studio?
Was checking out the new Wufang studio in Jurong.. very impressive leh
-
http://www.des.org.sg/des-school.php
a very good place for kids to learn Wushu, but they only offer Wushu for Boy. For girl, go there for dance. -
Any wushu class for P1 in Bishan Area ? Thanks

-
There is. Elitewushu teaches at the RC next to catholic high. Wanted to sign ds1 for the course, but he is just a beginner and the other students are quite advanced. So they told me that I would have to travel to other branch for beginner class, or if I can get at least another 3 new students, then they will open a new class or get another coach to join in to teach.
So, anyone keen?
-
smurf:
Hi smurf, I've pm-ed you !There is. Elitewushu teaches at the RC next to catholic high. Wanted to sign ds1 for the course, but he is just a beginner and the other students are quite advanced. So they told me that I would have to travel to other branch for beginner class, or if I can get at least another 3 new students, then they will open a new class or get another coach to join in to teach.
So, anyone keen?
-
CMF:
Hi CMF,
HiCharmaine_chong:
Hi All,
Could anyone recommend a good wushu class for 4.5yo near central or east area?
How is the quality of Wushu @ community centre?
Would love to hear from parents to share your experiences.
Thanks
U may wish to check out the classes at this centre, they have classes at Waterloo Street and other locations too : http://www.xinying-wushu.com/
Could you say why this centre's classes are good, want to get my boy to start wushu but he is a bit older, about 10, is it too late? -
jeestan:
Hi jeestan
Hi CMF,
Could you say why this centre's classes are good, want to get my boy to start wushu but he is a bit older, about 10, is it too late?
I like this centre as the class has fewer students, and they separate the younger kids from the older ones, hence there is more opportunity for older kids to progress faster, even though they may be beginners.
The coach also gives personalized attention when a child needs to catch up with the rest of the class. There is a \"structure\" in the lessons, and one will see progress rather quickly. Classes held in aircon room, with the toilet within it too, so to me considered a \"good\" environment. Although car parking is a problem at Waterloo Street area.
As I have tried another centre previously, I am just comparing my experience here with that.
I don't believe 10 years old is too late to start. Most important is the child's willingness to learn and persevere. -
Hi CMF,
I went to their website and each class has minimum 15 students?? Itโs quite a lot right? And the one at telok blangah has 25. :!: -
smurf:
Hi smurfHi CMF,
I went to their website and each class has minimum 15 students?? It's quite a lot right? And the one at telok blangah has 25. :!:
I believe that would be the max number? If 15/25 is minimum, that would be one too many! The class my DS attends at Waterloo Street has only 8 students.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better ๐
Register Login