Pat's Schoolhouse
-
Hi footix
yes, u need to pay the deposit and first month’s school fees to secure a place at most childcare centres including PSH. -
kabalevsky:
From my understanding only full day has all the afternoon enrichment. Extended half day (7.30am till 3pm) doesn't include the afternoon enrichment. Nursery has nap time till 3pm and enrichment classes start only after 3pm. It's the same for K1 and K2, but with shorter nap time.Hi freesia,
In Pats, he is in extended half day so he has all the afternoon enrichments. I don't enrol him for any other enrichment at all. From what I see, the weekly reports, the PTMs and the portfolio he brings home, he should be well-prepared for P1 and beyond. -
For extended half day for K1 and K2, there is enrichment from 1pm - 2.30pm, thereabouts, after lunch.
K1 nap time is after this enrichment. K2 usually don’t nap anymore.
For full day K1 and K2, after a short rest time (some kids don’t nap at all), they have another enrichment slot from 5pm -6pm. This is where swimming and so on comes in. -
By the way, half day is till 12pm, thereabouts. Extended half day is till 3pm.
-
tomorow is read for the record day..
http://www.readfortherecord.com/
was sms-ed to dress my child in pjyamas by his teacher
-
yes, i think it sounds really fun!
I love these type of events! -
Hi, parents, which centres for pat’s other than Halifax is good? No slot in for Halifax. Damn sad.

-
This extended programme, I was told by PSH, will eventually be phased out, i.e. those already in the existing 7.30am-3pm will continue to move up to higher levels, but the newly enrolled kids will no longer have the choice of this particular timing. It’ll either be 7.00 am to 7.00 pm/5.30pm or 7.00 am to 12.00pm thereabts. It’s because it’s easier for the centre to coordinate the logistics.
Note that starting time is 7.00am not 7.30am moving forward, because MCYS has informed PSH that it is operating under a cc license (what do u call that?) so it has to comply with the stipulated operating hours of a childcare centre whose primary mission/biz function is really to cater to working mothers who need to be on time at their workplace, usually at 8.30am. -
Oh I see.. I wasn't aware of that, probably cos my son is under the \"old\" system.
I think 8am to 3pm is just nice though, what a pity they are not continuing this. A lot of ds2's classmates are on this same extended half day scheme. -
jetsetter:
Hi, I have just called up Katong, and they told me they only have slot for 1-7pm (Playgroup) at that branch for 2012. That is the extra curriculum.This extended programme, I was told by PSH, will eventually be phased out, i.e. those already in the existing 7.30am-3pm will continue to move up to higher levels, but the newly enrolled kids will no longer have the choice of this particular timing. It'll either be 7.00 am to 7.00 pm/5.30pm or 7.00 am to 12.00pm thereabts. It's because it's easier for the centre to coordinate the logistics.
Note that starting time is 7.00am not 7.30am moving forward, because MCYS has informed PSH that it is operating under a cc license (what do u call that?) so it has to comply with the stipulated operating hours of a childcare centre whose primary mission/biz function is really to cater to working mothers who need to be on time at their workplace, usually at 8.30am.
I'm a little confused now. What's the diff between the core and extra curriculum? Tried to find info thru their website but it was quite vague, as in only given the outline, and not sure what are the details.
The lady whom i spoke too, couldn;t tell me details, and asked me to visit the school on their visiting day which is on 16th Nov.
Currently my ds is in Globalkids along Mtbatten Rd which is nearby.
I am just wondering if there is much difference if I followed their program, and switch him to Pat's, coz I was told that Pat's system is good that they prepare kid to enter P1 smoothly.
Any comments?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login