O-Level Chemistry
-
phtthp\" post_id=\"2069367\" time=\"1654137750\" user_id=\"35251:
Yes. Was a very hard decision cutting it completely—teaching organic chemistry at higher levels has been very painful when many students arrived with little to no prior knowledge. Organic chemistry is probably the easiest part of the syllabus in terms of cognitive load, but it can be tedious to some. (Old chemist joke: most chemists need to count to 8, maybe even 18, but organic chemists think they only need to count to 4.)
Due to pandemic, last two years (2020 and 2021),
SEAB omitted
testing of \"Organic\" Chemistry chapter, inside 6092 (O-level Pure Chem) syllabus.
This year (2022), covid situation improved, SEAB put it back to test back \"Organic\" Chem ? -
autolycus\" post_id=\"2069392\" time=\"1654144766\" user_id=\"16143:
Organic chemistry is the easiest??! OMG... I'll take inorganic chemistry any time... :nailbite:
...
Organic chemistry is probably the easiest part of the syllabus in terms of cognitive load, but it can be tedious to some.
... -
ChiefKiasu\" post_id=\"2069397\" time=\"1654146059\" user_id=\"3:
Haha! Actually, O-level organic is just alkanes, alkenes, alcohols and carboxylic acids. No mechanisms, just reactions and outcomes. That's way better than all the inorganic in which you must memorise physical and chemical properties and their trends, reactivity series of metals, etc. It's later on that organic turns hairy and inorganic becomes easier.
Organic chemistry is the easiest??! OMG... I'll take inorganic chemistry any time... :nailbite: -
Urgent !
My friend’s son need help in Chemistry, 1 to 1, taking O-level this year (2022). Any experienced tutor, can help ?
( no agent)
(Sorry, I not sure where to ask this question. If placed wrongly here, mod, can help me shift to the correct thread ? Thank you) -
phtthp\" post_id=\"2069644\" time=\"1654421949\" user_id=\"35251:
Would appreciate a PM too if you find one. Looking for one too. Thanks!
Urgent !
My friend's son need help in Chemistry, 1 to 1, taking O-level this year (2022). Any experienced tutor, can help ?
( no agent)
(Sorry, I not sure where to ask this question. If placed wrongly here, mod, can help me shift to the correct thread ? Thank you) -
phtthp\" post_id=\"2069644\" time=\"1654421949\" user_id=\"35251:
Hi
Urgent !
My friend's son need help in Chemistry, 1 to 1, taking O-level this year (2022). Any experienced tutor, can help ?
( no agent)
(Sorry, I not sure where to ask this question. If placed wrongly here, mod, can help me shift to the correct thread ? Thank you)
You can consider Overmugged Chemistry tuition by Darrell. One thing is that his rate per hour is $45/h for group tuition ! This is exorbitant considering that it is not private tuition. However, he claims to help students pass Chemistry exams with As for past few years. I watched his videos on YouTube. He offers free notes on his website and posts video regularly on YouTube. He runs mostly Sec 4 classes for Physics / Chemistry.
My child is not in his tuition class currently but watches some of his free YouTube teaching videos. I bought curated notes (with helpful tips and what keywords to take note of to do well for exam) from him and there are plenty of free notes on his website.
Sometimes there are a lot of resources online that you can search to learn more about the subject. -
sembgal\" post_id=\"2071182\" time=\"1655833367\" user_id=\"5559:
Woah thanks sembgal! We need those..
Hi
You can consider Overmugged Chemistry tuition by Darryl. One thing is that his rate per hour is $45/h for group tuition ! This is exorbitant considering that it is not private tuition. However, he claims to help students pass Chemistry exams with As for past few years. I watched his videos on YouTube. He offers free notes on his website and posts video regularly on YouTube. He runs mostly Sec 4 classes for Physics / Chemistry.
My child is not in his tuition class currently but watches some of his free YouTube teaching videos. I bought curated notes (with helpful tips and what keywords to take note of to do well for exam) from him and there are plenty of free notes on his website.
Sometimes there are a lot of resources online that you can search to learn more about the subject.
Did you buy the curated notes for the 2 Maths and the English? I wonder if those are good too.. -
MrsKiasu\" post_id=\"2071332\" time=\"1655904715\" user_id=\"43981:
I did not buy the Maths and English books so I cannot comment much.
Woah thanks sembgal! We need those..
Did you buy the curated notes for the 2 Maths and the English? I wonder if those are good too..
I did not buy Overmugged Maths resources because my child does not need them.
For English resource, I am very selective about the materials as the 2023 O level exam is based on the new format. -
sembgal\" post_id=\"2071352\" time=\"1655912817\" user_id=\"5559:
thanks sembgal for you sharing.. I will get the Science notes then.
I did not buy the Maths and English books so I cannot comment much.
I did not buy Overmugged Maths resources because my child does not need them.
For English resource, I am very selective about the materials as the 2023 O level exam is based on the new format. -
Prediction for 2022 GCE O Level 6092 Chemistry Paper..
What might be tested by looking at the LO tested in 2021?
https://youtu.be/EBP6vIJ99RY
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login