Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Club PTWP

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbies & Clubs
    156 Posts 33 Posters 191.3k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • B Offline
      blue-march
      last edited by

      Hi all PTWP,


      I'm also a part time working mum, have a dd in P1 this year and yes only 1 child and sometimes she's already driving me up the wall !! 😐

      I fight 'fire' from Mon to Fri cos no helper mah. I need a holidays badly :celebrate:

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • M Offline
        mathsparks
        last edited by

        :welcome: bluemarch...today's holiday so can relax a bit la. so on weekends, you've helper? at least you can take a breather then.



        Here's list of the ptwps:
        01 / Mathsparks (mummy)/ DD1 (1992) DS1 (1997) / Yoga, climbing hills n stairs, reading, sudoku
        02 / Blobbi (mummy) / DS1 (2003) / Reading, shopping, pilates, baking, massage
        03 / Yen715 (mummy) /DS1(1997) DS2 (2006)/ reading, surf the net, watching tv
        04 / Mwchua (mummy)/ dd (2003) / Reading, brisk-walking, idling
        05 / Girlmum (mummy) /DD1 (1996)/ DD2 (2001) /reading, watching TVB series, shopping, dancing
        06/ Schweppes (mummy) / DD1 (1997), DD2 (1999) / Reading, swimming, retail therapy, creative writing
        07/ all.in.one (mummy) / DD1 (2002) / Reading, teaching, tell stories, make and eat sushi, make new friends with mommies, surf net
        08/Elaiine (mummy) / DS1 (2007) DD1 (2009) / ??
        09/Dinah (mummy) / DD1 / exercise, reading, travel, photo album, experimenting cook recipe.
        10/Carebear(mummy) / DS1 (1997) / DD1 (1999) / ??
        11/2ppaamm(mummy) / DS1(1994)/DD1(1996)/DD2(1997)/DS2(2000)/DS3(2003)/baking, sewing, gym, collect recipes, travelling, musical instruments, sleeping (most important)
        12/blue-march / DD1 (2003) / ??

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • B Offline
          blue-march
          last edited by

          Thanks mathsparks


          Here’s list of the ptwps:
          01 / Mathsparks (mummy)/ DD1 (1992) DS1 (1997) / Yoga, climbing hills n stairs, reading, sudoku
          02 / Blobbi (mummy) / DS1 (2003) / Reading, shopping, pilates, baking, massage
          03 / Yen715 (mummy) /DS1(1997) DS2 (2006)/ reading, surf the net, watching tv
          04 / Mwchua (mummy)/ dd (2003) / Reading, brisk-walking, idling
          05 / Girlmum (mummy) /DD1 (1996)/ DD2 (2001) /reading, watching TVB series, shopping, dancing
          06/ Schweppes (mummy) / DD1 (1997), DD2 (1999) / Reading, swimming, retail therapy, creative writing
          07/ all.in.one (mummy) / DD1 (2002) / Reading, teaching, tell stories, make and eat sushi, make new friends with mommies, surf net
          08/Elaiine (mummy) / DS1 (2007) DD1 (2009) / ??
          09/Dinah (mummy) / DD1 / exercise, reading, travel, photo album, experimenting cook recipe.
          10/Carebear(mummy) / DS1 (1997) / DD1 (1999) / ??
          11/2ppaamm(mummy) / DS1(1994)/DD1(1996)/DD2(1997)/DS2(2000)/DS3(2003)/baking, sewing, gym, collect recipes, travelling, musical instruments, sleeping (most important)
          12/blue-march (mummy) / DD1 (2003) / reading, cycling, music, cooking (depends on mood) sleeping (favourite)

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • B Offline
            blue-march
            last edited by

            No helper on weekends, everything is DIY. Sometimes even need to double up as babysitter to look after nephews/ nieces 😢


            Housework? wait till i catch enough 'beauty sleep' 😛 wahaha :rotflmao:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • B Offline
              blue-march
              last edited by

              To be able to come here to post or just to read is already a 'luxury' liao...I still have a couples of books that I bought last year and most of them are half read. :oops:

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • M Offline
                mathsparks
                last edited by

                ermm blue-march…maybe you wanna create a new topic all for yourself so other members can welcome you too.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • B Offline
                  blue-march
                  last edited by

                  mathsparks:
                  ermm blue-march..maybe you wanna create a new topic all for yourself so other members can welcome you too.

                  hi mathsparks,

                  I can't remember if I've reported at newbies thread, I think I did leh... :?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • D Offline
                    Dinah
                    last edited by

                    Hi blue-march,


                    I thought you are in the most ideal situation – work PT and take care of your gal. This also enables you to return to FT work when your gal is older and independent.

                    Did you negotiate with your employer to convert your FT job to a PT schedule when your gal goes into P1? Or you found a PT job through agency/recruitment page? It’s rare to find PT jobs through the latter channel.

                    BTW, are to share which industry/trade are you in?

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • B Offline
                      blue-march
                      last edited by

                      Dinah:
                      Hi blue-march,


                      I thought you are in the most ideal situation – work PT and take care of your gal. This also enables you to return to FT work when your gal is older and independent.

                      Did you negotiate with your employer to convert your FT job to a PT schedule when your gal goes into P1? Or you found a PT job through agency/recruitment page? It's rare to find PT jobs through the latter channel.

                      BTW, are to share which industry/trade are you in?
                      Yes, I agree this is the most ideal arrangement, for now. However, there are people who feel I sacrifice too much for my dd. Everyone has their priority and I must say my priority now is my dd. When she enters into her teens and do not need me this much, then I'll change my focus and go have a life. :love:

                      I intend to go into FT when my dd is in P3, since she'll be spending more time at school for CCA and supplementary classes. However, subject to change as it depends how she develops, her maturity and how well she copes with her school work.

                      I have been working PT for about 3 years and was being offered to work FT along the way. I've to decline the offer as I am not confident to juggle between family and FT work as you know, being in FT will mean more OT and I do not want to sacrifice my quality time with my dd with that extra half a month's pay check.

                      I got this job thru' the classified ad and must say I'm really lucky :celebrate:

                      Counting my blessings 🙏

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • B Offline
                        blue-march
                        last edited by

                        Hi Dinah,


                        I've replied to your PM, pls check. Cheers!
                        :celebrate:

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 11
                        • 12
                        • 13
                        • 14
                        • 15
                        • 16
                        • 13 / 16
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        0

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy