Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Compulsory Overseas Trip

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Secondary Schools - Academic Support
    124 Posts 28 Posters 43.0k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • phankaoP Offline
      phankao
      last edited by

      ooptimizer:
      Just don't turn up at the airport on the day, and what can the school do?

      YOu would only do that if the trip was free and you haven't paid anything, right?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • O Offline
        ooptimizer
        last edited by

        Obviously don’t turn up at airport assuming it was compulsory and free.


        If say, it was not free, then don’t pay at all. I’m sure the school is not going to buy you the airticket if you haven’t paid at all.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • D Offline
          daisyt
          last edited by

          First time dd was away from home for camp, that was in P5. Everyone felt so lost without her at home. My mum, kept asking me if she called, has she slept and blar blar blar, then I have to act cool, ensuring she is fine, grown up already, can take care of herself .... but I could not sleep that night.


          When dd in secondary school, more chance to camp in schools, slowly, we are getting used to it.

          I heard, this year, the year 2s are going to Malaysia. Ooppss ......... :roll: :roll: 😢

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • S Offline
            summer
            last edited by

            😄

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • D Offline
              daisyt
              last edited by

              summer:
              Off topic....the first time dd was away from home was the K2 graduation camp. It was a 3 days 2 nights camp at St John Island. No parent volunteers. I really salute the teachers for their responsibilities...Some of the children were too busy to miss the parents....

              WOW ! K2 ???? So young and St John somemore ... !!!! What was your feeling at that time ? :shock: :shock:

              Haha, its always the other way round, parents miss the children. 😄

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • corneyAmberC Offline
                corneyAmber
                last edited by

                daisyt:
                summer:

                Off topic....the first time dd was away from home was the K2 graduation camp. It was a 3 days 2 nights camp at St John Island. No parent volunteers. I really salute the teachers for their responsibilities...Some of the children were too busy to miss the parents....


                WOW ! K2 ???? So young and St John somemore ... !!!! What was your feeling at that time ? :shock: :shock:

                Haha, its always the other way round, parents miss the children. 😄

                :faint:

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • S Offline
                  sleepy
                  last edited by

                  I pre-empt my dd, told her I do not want her to go on any overseas trips unless I can tag along. Reason 1. I will miss her soooooo very much. Reason 2. There are too many kids & teachers don't have that many pairs of eyes. My dd said she wouldn't want to go if I'm not going since she would miss me too much to enjoy the trip :love:



                  At least get your dd on your side. Then deal with the school 😉

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • N Offline
                    nani
                    last edited by

                    sleepy:
                    I pre-empt my dd, told her I do not want her to go on any overseas trips unless I can tag along. Reason 1. I will miss her soooooo very much. Reason 2. There are too many kids & teachers don't have that many pairs of eyes. My dd said she wouldn't want to go if I'm not going since she would miss me too much to enjoy the trip :love:



                    At least get your dd on your side. Then deal with the school 😉
                    How old is your dd now?

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • G Offline
                      girlmum
                      last edited by

                      summer:
                      Off topic....the first time dd was away from home was the K2 graduation camp. It was a 3 days 2 nights camp at St John Island. No parent volunteers. I really salute the teachers for their responsibilities...Some of the children were too busy to miss the parents....

                      K2 camp at St John Island????? 3 days & 2 nights??? :!: :!:

                      I DOUBLE :salute: :salute: the teachers. Bringing the K2s out to the zoo/underwater world is enough to drain me out. Making sure that they're alright, following the correct group/teacher, eating well/drink enough water and most importantly - learning objective met. (the list goes on....)
                      Nevertheless, it's an golden opportunity for the child to learn and I admire the courage the school had to organize such a daring camp.

                      Care to disclose the name of the school?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • S Offline
                        summer
                        last edited by

                        😄

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 6
                        • 7
                        • 8
                        • 12
                        • 13
                        • 6 / 13
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy