Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Supporting Child's Talent/Hobbies

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Working With Your Child
    109 Posts 13 Posters 34.6k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M Offline
      metz
      last edited by

      2ppaamm:
      chamonix:


      So it's true that it's more difficult to pick up violin, huh? Think I better give up the idea of getting a full size violin. 😐

      Actually, I gave up on the violin, too. Not because it is harder but my neck hurts so badly having to use that 1/4 size violin and I feel so retarded... so I gave up, as I just cannot see my fingers that are so near :stupid: . My child also quit NAFA when I gave up. I should have bought a full-sized for myself. Didn't have the foresight then. Sigh!

      That violin still sits there untouched for the last 7 years.

      Still not too late. My friend's kids also gave up on their violin when young, but picked it up again in their teens.

      So, go get yourself a full sized violin! :ugogirl:

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • M Offline
        metz
        last edited by

        buds:


        I cannot stand the neck ache! 😒
        Even if i play it even for a while, the whole of the next day i would
        be going around with my neck tilted to one side like kena one tight
        slap from husband lidat
        . πŸ˜›



        :!: :!: :!: you mean budhubs is that violent? You should :heresmyfish: him once in a while to keep him in line πŸ˜›

        [quote]😒 I couldn't see the strings! Fingers too fat & chubby! 😒[/quote]Aiyoh, fat and chubby fingers are best for learning violin leh!

        [quote]Thankfully hubs is the one who looks like he got the tight slap from me!
        Cause DD1 plays with the violin so beautifully now.. :love: [/quote] :ugogirl:

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • 2 Offline
          2ppaamm
          last edited by

          chamonix:
          So, go get yourself a full sized violin! :ugogirl:

          Hm... maybe 6 years later, after DS3 gets into secondary school, or when he is taking up violin. No fun learning alone leh.

          I am thinking about taking up triathlon/competitive swimming instead. Ha ha. Another way to lose the fat. Still thinking, thinking... thinking thinking... thinking thinking....

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • 2 Offline
            2ppaamm
            last edited by

            buds:

            I cannot stand the neck ache! 😒
            Even if i play it even for a while, the whole of the next day i would
            be going around with my neck tilted to one side like kena one tight
            slap from husband lidat. πŸ˜›
            :roll: Wah, I thought I was the retarded one! So maybe it's not that 1/4 sized violin. It was me!!! :shock: Your description is so funny!!! :rotflmao:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • phankaoP Offline
              phankao
              last edited by

              Actually it’s always better to use a smaller-sized violin than a larger one unless you are quite tall. Of course not the 1/4 lah!!! I am actually using a 3/4-violin even at 1.6m. Another common size for adult learners is the 7/8-size violin.


              Violin is tough bc of it’s intonation. Piano - just hit the right notes and rhythm can already.

              I actually learnt separately from my son. But progressed quickly. So, in a way, I did prove something! haha!

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • 2 Offline
                2ppaamm
                last edited by

                phankao:
                I actually learnt separately from my son. But progressed quickly. So, in a way, I did prove something! haha!

                Wa! :udawoman:

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • E Offline
                  en107rn.01056yahoo.01056com.01056sg
                  last edited by

                  So many inspiring ladies.


                  Hello phankao

                  I know your ds is into music but I did not realize, the mummy is in too. Would you be able to share how do you help him in realizing his talent or assist in his hobbies? Besides music, is there any other things that your son is interested in?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • E Offline
                    en107rn.01056yahoo.01056com.01056sg
                    last edited by

                    Chamonix. You use ganbatte on the wrong personlah. I don't know what it means but I really have cold πŸ˜“ when you say it.


                    You should use ganbatte with CSC. She learns Japanese together with her daughter.

                    CSC, can share the journey of motivating your daughter towards learning a language? Must be fun, mother daughter learning at the same time.
                    [quote]I always feel that having a family hobby is important.[/quote]Yes, daisyt. I believe in family hobby too. Used to be home aquarium but now decom. Since both dh & myself are getting older, we try to exercise together. Nothing strenuous. Just long long walks in hope to cultivate my kids love of exercising.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • B Offline
                      buds
                      last edited by

                      2ppaamm:
                      buds:


                      I cannot stand the neck ache! 😒
                      Even if i play it even for a while, the whole of the next day i would
                      be going around with my neck tilted to one side like kena one tight
                      slap from husband lidat. πŸ˜›

                      :roll: Wah, I thought I was the retarded one! So maybe it's not that 1/4 sized violin. It was me!!! :shock: Your description is so funny!!! :rotflmao:

                      Well, guess... :idea:... i was the retarded one as well. :politebleah:

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • B Offline
                        buds
                        last edited by

                        chamonix:
                        buds:



                        I cannot stand the neck ache! 😒
                        Even if i play it even for a while, the whole of the next day i would
                        be going around with my neck tilted to one side like kena one tight
                        slap from husband lidat
                        . πŸ˜›




                        :!: :!: :!: you mean budhubs is that violent? You should :heresmyfish: him once in a while to keep him in line πŸ˜›

                        :roll: Yeah, that violent! :siam:

                        :idea: Good idea, chamonix! :lol:

                        Now lets see what kinda fish i have in the fridge..
                        something with lotsa bones.... hmmm... haven't gone
                        marketing leh. The normal kuning fish should be okay, right?

                        :rotflmao:

                        buds:
                        😒 I couldn't see the strings! Fingers too fat & chubby! 😒
                        chamonix:
                        Aiyoh, fat and chubby fingers are best for learning violin leh!
                        B... bb... bbbuut... my one finger cover 2 strings leh. πŸ˜›
                        Then how? :politebleah:
                        buds:
                        Thankfully hubs is the one who looks like he got the tight slap from me! Cause DD1 plays with the violin so beautifully now.. :love:
                        chamonix:
                        :ugogirl:
                        Mwahahaaahaaa! :rotflmao:

                        :celebrate:

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 7
                        • 8
                        • 9
                        • 10
                        • 11
                        • 9 / 11
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        win88rracingW
                        win88rracing

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy