Convert pdf document to excel file
-
Jennifer:
Not sure about free software, but I know that Adobe Acrobat Pro (not the Reader) can easily convert PDF docs into the application files if they were created in MS Word or Excel.I googled and realized there are a few software that can convert pdf document into excel file.
Anyone can recommend which software they are using.
I need the converted data to be useable as part of formula computation, not merely text fields.
Many thanks in advance. -
atrecord:
Thank you for sharing.
Not sure about free software, but I know that Adobe Acrobat Pro (not the Reader) can easily convert PDF docs into the application files if they were created in MS Word or Excel.Jennifer:
I googled and realized there are a few software that can convert pdf document into excel file.
Anyone can recommend which software they are using.
I need the converted data to be useable as part of formula computation, not merely text fields.
Many thanks in advance.
My source is from MYOB, not MS office.
-
Jennifer:
Why don't you check whether MYOB allows you to save the file as Excel, CSV instead of pdf?
My source is from MYOB, not MS office.

Most accounting software should be able to export as CSV. -
lynntan15:
I wrote to them to ask about print to excel, still an editable file. Now waiting for a reply.
Why don't you check whether MYOB allows you to save the file as Excel, CSV instead of pdf?Jennifer:
My source is from MYOB, not MS office.

Most accounting software should be able to export as CSV.
What is CSV? -
Jennifer:
Comma separated values text files (.csv), in which the comma character (,) typically separates each field of text.
What is CSV?
There is a function \"TEXT-to-Column\" in Excel that allows you to convert CSV to excel file when you open it.
Link to convert pdf to excel online.
https://www.pdftoexcelonline.com/en/ -
lynntan15:
Comma separated values text files (.csv), in which the comma character (,) typically separates each field of text.Jennifer:
What is CSV?
There is a function \"TEXT-to-Column\" in Excel that allows you to convert CSV to excel file when you open it.
Link to convert pdf to excel online.
https://www.pdftoexcelonline.com/en/
:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:
I just tried, seems to be what I am looking for :rahrah:
edit to add: format is ok, but the figures are not values.
Is it possible to change the figures into real numbers that I can sum up? -
Sorry for the late reply. If you highlight the cell number, on the top left hand, you will be able to see a \"yellow\" sign. You can click on it and change the value to number.
http://osiprodeaodcspstoa01.blob.core.w ... ecc2c3.jpg -
lynntan15:
:thankyou:Sorry for the late reply. If you highlight the cell number, on the top left hand, you will be able to see a \"yellow\" sign. You can click on it and change the value to number.
http://osiprodeaodcspstoa01.blob.core.w ... ecc2c3.jpg -
Sorry need to borrow this thread to ask a similar qtn:
How do we convert PDF file ( of only Chinese word content) to word document? Any free software? Thanks!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login