DSA 2017
-
Snsn:
LOVE this! We have personally encountered school reps who have told us that some will say that they will take up the CO, and who changed their mind in the end. Resulting in the school having fewer students in that particular domain than they have space for. (This is coming from the school rep themselves, don't scream at me pls) I think this is counter productive - a child who has talent on strong insterest in that domain could have benefitted from it. JMHO.[/quote]It is disappointing that parents couldn't keep their words :sad:Francoise:
[quote=\"smiling\"]Regarding RI sports domain CO. School is very responsible that they called the parents to make sure they will take the offer before they send them CO letter. There's at least one parent rejected. So the CO is given to another student.
Unfortunately I have also heard of cases where parents said yes yes on the phone but ended up going to another school after receiving the CO letter. Nothing is concrete until you submit the option form. I feel for the schools and those on WL.
So for this, DS and us have decided to make a decision before 31st Aug so that kids on the WL can get a chance to be confirmed early. -
Smiling,
I think Francoise & Esteème have given us very good examples of how we as parents should teach our children to be more considerate towards one another. Although we do not know each other but this forum really help us to gather many useful informations and in this case, it really make sense that parents sit down and discuss with your child and decide which CO to accept and which CO to reject asap so that the others under WL will have a better chance to be converted to CO soonest. Imagine if your child is the one waiting anxiously, you will be happy to know that one precious chance is given back to you if they choose to reject it early.
This is also a good time to show our children not to be selfish and hold on to many CO and only to reject it at the last minute giving others no chance to convert.
JMHO -
Gotten CO for MGS IP Hurrah!!!!!!!! :rahrah:
-
Congrats Rivervalkid
-
:congrats:
Rivervalekid:
Gotten CO for MGS IP Hurrah!!!!!!!! :rahrah:
-
Francoise:
smiling:
Regarding RI sports domain CO. School is very responsible that they called the parents to make sure they will take the offer before they send them CO letter. There's at least one parent rejected. So the CO is given to another student.
Unfortunately I have also heard of cases where parents said yes yes on the phone but ended up going to another school after receiving the CO letter. Nothing is concrete until you submit the option form. I feel for the schools and those on WL.
So for this, DS and us have decided to make a decision before 31st Aug so that kids on the WL can get a chance to be confirmed early.
You are a gem, Francoise! :hi5: :love: -
Joyymum:
Smiling,
I think Francoise & Esteème have given us very good examples of how we as parents should teach our children to be more considerate towards one another. Although we do not know each other but this forum really help us to gather many useful informations and in this case, it really make sense that parents sit down and discuss with your child and decide which CO to accept and which CO to reject asap so that the others under WL will have a better chance to be converted to CO soonest. Imagine if your child is the one waiting anxiously, you will be happy to know that one precious chance is given back to you if they choose to reject it early.
This is also a good time to show our children not to be selfish and hold on to many CO and only to reject it at the last minute giving others no chance to convert.
JMHO
Well said!!! -
Rivervalekid:
Gotten CO for MGS IP Hurrah!!!!!!!! :rahrah:
Wow! Can feel your joy!
:congrats: -
Joyymum:
Why others no chance to convert? I am confused. Schools give out wl, in order to solve this situation: co reject, place released. If we can solve it before 30/10, no need to have wl, right? Wl is for this purpose, if finally school doesn't fill the DSA quota, means they misplaced themselves and gave out too few wl.Smiling,
I think Francoise & Esteème have given us very good examples of how we as parents should teach our children to be more considerate towards one another. Although we do not know each other but this forum really help us to gather many useful informations and in this case, it really make sense that parents sit down and discuss with your child and decide which CO to accept and which CO to reject asap so that the others under WL will have a better chance to be converted to CO soonest. Imagine if your child is the one waiting anxiously, you will be happy to know that one precious chance is given back to you if they choose to reject it early.
This is also a good time to show our children not to be selfish and hold on to many CO and only to reject it at the last minute giving others no chance to convert.
JMHO
Yes, I understand and agree that we should consider for others, if we can, better do it. But for those who can't decide so soon, still give them time. -
Estéema:
Francoise:
[quote=\"smiling\"]Regarding RI sports domain CO. School is very responsible that they called the parents to make sure they will take the offer before they send them CO letter. There's at least one parent rejected. So the CO is given to another student.
Unfortunately I have also heard of cases where parents said yes yes on the phone but ended up going to another school after receiving the CO letter. Nothing is concrete until you submit the option form. I feel for the schools and those on WL.
So for this, DS and us have decided to make a decision before 31st Aug so that kids on the WL can get a chance to be confirmed early.
You are a gem, Francoise! :hi5: :love:[/quote]
Btw, Francoise, if I had not congratulated your DS receiving CO, I truly rejoice with you!
:rahrah:
:congrats:
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login