BOOK Fairs
-
Michteach:
hi michteach,Hi guys,
Thanks for the info, I am also a member of Borders but was wondering why I did not get the information about their sale?!
Anyway, a good link I have to download books and then read the extract to see if you like it, if you like it, you can order online or wait for it to come to singapore. The site is lovereading.uk.co
It's not so much a sale (their ongoing sale in stores, [shake head]) but the e-coupon that is sent out via email. I did see it, but then I don't have their member card anymore so don't have that extra 10% to galvanise me.
Thanks for the link. will check that out. BTW, if you see any titles that are good, by all means recommend the book to National Library....so far my recommendations have passed and they really did order those books. kekekekeke -
hquek:
Hi hquek,
hi michteach,Michteach:
Hi guys,
Thanks for the info, I am also a member of Borders but was wondering why I did not get the information about their sale?!
Anyway, a good link I have to download books and then read the extract to see if you like it, if you like it, you can order online or wait for it to come to singapore. The site is lovereading.uk.co
It's not so much a sale (their ongoing sale in stores, [shake head]) but the e-coupon that is sent out via email. I did see it, but then I don't have their member card anymore so don't have that extra 10% to galvanise me.
Thanks for the link. will check that out. BTW, if you see any titles that are good, by all means recommend the book to National Library....so far my recommendations have passed and they really did order those books. kekekekeke
OH!! The library thing is!!! (Dont have words to describe) How do you go about recommending? I also want!! -
Michteach:
Hi michteach,
OH!! The library thing is!!! (Dont have words to describe) How do you go about recommending? I also want!!
Go to http://www.nlb.gov.sg and then click on Search NLB Catalog (like to find books you want), at the very bottom is a link to recommend books.
To make sure it's the exact title, it's good to have the ISBN on hand (can get from amazon etc).
Quick link here, but not sure if it works.
http://www.pl.sg/PL.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=PlJustBrowseAcctService&_content=RecommendTitle&_nfls=false
:celebrate: -
Busymom:
How much did you pay for 'The Tale of Despereaux' at Borders?
am so happy to find the special edition of The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo :lol:
and would have been even happier if I could find the series of books on Nicholas, a mischievous French school boy.
Oh well, can't have it all.
-
Busymom:
Now then I see that you DIDN\"T find the Nicholas books. I found my first book there, but since then, it's typically not available. If you got friends travelling to US/UK, maybe can ask them to carry back - amazon prices cheap compared with SG retail; or perhaps try bookdepository.
couldn't resist... rushed down during lunchtime and grapped whatever I could... to the extent of having to deposit some books there :oops:
But am so happy to find the special edition of The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo :lol:
and would have been even happier if I could find the series of books on Nicholas, a mischievous French school boy.
Oh well, can't have it all.
Just got 'Gee whiz, it's all about pee' from bookdepository. Prices not very discounted in amazon, so I actually save from using bd.
for Nicholas fans, there's actually a website to go to. http://www.phaidon.com/nicholas/
I registered my son for Nicholas club, from time to time we get emails (dunno for what lah, I seldom read those). But they will send you a nice nicholas pin, nice wooden nicholas ruler and some other small item when you join the club.
(el cheapo I know, but it's free!) -
Etutor Learning Programme and CD Rom is having promotion and discount upto 30%
- available only at their office Or
- Singapore Book Fair 2010 -
Post mortem on Popular's one day closed door member only sale.
PURE MADNESS. I was there about 12ish. Got to queue to go in - entry only at 2nd level or 4th level. There were HORDES of people everywhere, and the queue to pay....man, I queued for 1 hour and still not my turn to pay. The queues on ALL levels were snaking anywhere and everywhere around the store. It does not help that the store is so cramped already. I think the fire service would have closed the store cos it's a fire hazard (think mustafa).
End up I had to give up cos son's class is starting soon and we HAD to leave.
Best of all were the 2 aunties behind me who kept exclaiming that this queue is madness and all for an additional 5% (coupon gives 20%). I guess the lure is in 25% STOREWIDE (I'm taking to mean that this refers to usually non-sale item). But for the puny things I was buying, not quite worth it lah.
then again, I live up to my reputation by having bought 10 chinese hardcover storybooks earlier at $1 each at the 2nd hand bookstore on 2nd level. So not a total loss of time at bras basah. :oops: -
sleepy:
It depends on whether it's the special edition or the paperback. The paperback is in black and white print (if not mistaken), whereas the special edition is a bigger hardcover book with coloured illustrations and larger font size. The special edition originally cost $63.90, and after 35% and another 10%, it's about $37... definitely worth it! The paperback on the other hand, is probably about $22.90, before discount.
How much did you pay for 'The Tale of Despereaux' at Borders? -
hquek:
Like you, I first saw Nicholas at Borders - last year maybe. The first time I saw it, I saw 4 titles (one in red cover, one in green, one in blue and one in yellow), but it wasn't cheap - $48
Now then I see that you DIDN\"T find the Nicholas books. I found my first book there, but since then, it's typically not available. If you got friends travelling to US/UK, maybe can ask them to carry back - amazon prices cheap compared with SG retail; or perhaps try bookdepository.
Just got 'Gee whiz, it's all about pee' from bookdepository. Prices not very discounted in amazon, so I actually save from using bd.
for Nicholas fans, there's actually a website to go to. http://www.phaidon.com/nicholas/
I registered my son for Nicholas club, from time to time we get emails (dunno for what lah, I seldom read those). But they will send you a nice nicholas pin, nice wooden nicholas ruler and some other small item when you join the club.
(el cheapo I know, but it's free!)
. So decided to check out Amazon and found that price is about the same as Borders once there is a 30% sale. Anyway, I managed to get one from Borders and another from Amazon. Wanted DH to order the first book, Nicholas but he made a mistake and ordered Nicholas on Vacation. Haven't compared the two, hopefully they are not the same, as you mentioned in another thread that there are 2 titles that are about the same.
Thanks for info on the Nicholas club... free mah, why not?
How to ask friends to carry back from US/UK? Must buy from bookstore while there, right? Just for info, I once saw Winnie-the-Pooh's Return to the Hundred Acre Wood at the UK airport. It was retailing at £12.99! Can get the same book cheaper at Prologue here. -
hquek:
Thanks hquek, for the 'post mortem'. I had initially wanted to go there but DH 'warn' me that unless I'm prepared to squeeze with hoardes of people, otherwise better not go. Lucky thing he had the 'foresight' and I ended up buying some stuff (at a leisure pace with short cashier queues) at another Popular bookstore with the 20% discount coupon... :celebrate:Post mortem on Popular's one day closed door member only sale.
PURE MADNESS. I was there about 12ish. Got to queue to go in - entry only at 2nd level or 4th level. There were HORDES of people everywhere, and the queue to pay....man, I queued for 1 hour and still not my turn to pay. The queues on ALL levels were snaking anywhere and everywhere around the store. It does not help that the store is so cramped already. I think the fire service would have closed the store cos it's a fire hazard (think mustafa).
End up I had to give up cos son's class is starting soon and we HAD to leave.
Best of all were the 2 aunties behind me who kept exclaiming that this queue is madness and all for an additional 5% (coupon gives 20%). I guess the lure is in 25% STOREWIDE (I'm taking to mean that this refers to usually non-sale item). But for the puny things I was buying, not quite worth it lah.
then again, I live up to my reputation by having bought 10 chinese hardcover storybooks earlier at $1 each at the 2nd hand bookstore on 2nd level. So not a total loss of time at bras basah. :oops:
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better š
Register Login