Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    All About Autism

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Special Needs & Learning Difficulties
    7.9k Posts 414 Posters 2.2m Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M Offline
      mashy
      last edited by

      specialboymum:
      Hi ImMeeMee


      Is your girl going P1 next year? Maybe it may be a good idea to start contacting Pathlight. Before they except your enrolment, they will need to do another round of assessment (in other word, the psy's assessment report is only reference). Also be mentally prepared for the long queue.

      We submitted our son's enrolment to Pathlight through KKH CDU in June, we only get the appointment for assessment towards december (though there were also some hiccups in between like KKH forgot to submit the original diagnosis report of my son's condition). Pathlight also told us to expect at least 9 months-1.5 years of wait if my son pass their assessment, as they were already 50% over capacity. We panicked as we were worried what is he going to do during the 1.5 years wait? So we sent him to mainstream. It was difficult at start but now we think it isn't a bad idea to be in mainstream so as to learn integrating with his normal peers

      Anyway, I don't know what is the situation in Pathlight now- I heard that they open up more vacancy... but I still think it is good to be prepared earlier and also good to have a plan B
      So if pathlight offers u the place now, will u still take it up? Or your son has coped well in mainstream much better than expected?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • H Offline
        helplessmum3
        last edited by

        Imeemee , congrats … PL is too consider mainstream according to rainbow …

        May I know what PV stand for?

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • N Offline
          nugget
          last edited by

          PV means parent volunteer. Usually people need to clock 40 hours of services to school in order to get into phase 2B of P1 registration.


          Yup, pathlight school is very well suit for our kids with HF ASD. But the distance and cost is a factor to me. That’s also part of the reason why I want to try mainstream first.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • phtthpP Offline
            phtthp
            last edited by

            helplessmum3:

            May I know what PV stand for?
            PV = Parent Volunteer, ie. contributing your time, effort and skill(s) desired in a primary school.

            clocking minimal 40 hours, to apply for your child's ideal school of choice under Phase 2B.
            In some schools - some clock 60 hours, others clock 80 hours, depend on individual school(s).

            However under PV, there is no guarantee that your child gets in.
            When demand exceed available vacancies in that school, balloting takes place - based on the child's citizenship + distance from the school.

            http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=269

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • I Offline
              ImMeeMee
              last edited by

              Dear all mummies who have congratulated me, thanks!


              But hor ... this is just the first step ... still have considerable issues to tackle along the way before we even confirm our enrolment.

              In any case, I appreciate the well wishes ... πŸ˜„

              I am wondering whether there is a thread at this forum dedicated to PL parents networking.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • N Offline
                nugget
                last edited by

                ImMeeMee:
                Dear all mummies who have congratulated me, thanks!


                But hor ... this is just the first step ... still have considerable issues to tackle along the way before we even confirm our enrolment.

                In any case, I appreciate the well wishes ... πŸ˜„

                I am wondering whether there is a thread at this forum dedicated to PL parents networking.
                ImMeeMee,

                I think you are the first parent here whose child is enrolled into pathlight.

                You can always start a PL thread in the forum. I would love to read what PL kids and parents did and try to learn from them too.
                May the enrollment goes smoothly for you :rahrah:

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • S Offline
                  specialboymum
                  last edited by

                  mashy:
                  specialboymum:

                  Hi ImMeeMee


                  Is your girl going P1 next year? Maybe it may be a good idea to start contacting Pathlight. Before they except your enrolment, they will need to do another round of assessment (in other word, the psy's assessment report is only reference). Also be mentally prepared for the long queue.

                  We submitted our son's enrolment to Pathlight through KKH CDU in June, we only get the appointment for assessment towards december (though there were also some hiccups in between like KKH forgot to submit the original diagnosis report of my son's condition). Pathlight also told us to expect at least 9 months-1.5 years of wait if my son pass their assessment, as they were already 50% over capacity. We panicked as we were worried what is he going to do during the 1.5 years wait? So we sent him to mainstream. It was difficult at start but now we think it isn't a bad idea to be in mainstream so as to learn integrating with his normal peers

                  Anyway, I don't know what is the situation in Pathlight now- I heard that they open up more vacancy... but I still think it is good to be prepared earlier and also good to have a plan B

                  So if pathlight offers u the place now, will u still take it up? Or your son has coped well in mainstream much better than expected?

                  We didn't go for the assessment. I didn't know what got into me at that time, I told the PL's administrator that I got my son a placement in mainstream as a back up plan, and after a short chat with her on the over capacity situation in PL, I somehow feel that it is not right for me to hold on to enrollment, so we withdraw. Well, I got scolding for being stupid by my folks after that. :oops:

                  So far, he is doing pretty ok, making significant improvement, though we need to spend more effort to guide him. Unless we come to stage when we see the need to consider special school, I think we will not rock the boat for now.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • I Offline
                    ImMeeMee
                    last edited by

                    nugget:


                    ImMeeMee,

                    I think you are the first parent here whose child is enrolled into pathlight.

                    You can always start a PL thread in the forum. I would love to read what PL kids and parents did and try to learn from them too.
                    May the enrollment goes smoothly for you :rahrah:
                    errr ... not confirmed enrolled yet leh. Until the day that I receive the confirmation letter, this battle is not over yet. There's still PL screening to tackle ...

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • N Offline
                      nugget
                      last edited by

                      specialboymum:

                      We didn't go for the assessment. I didn't know what got into me at that time, I told the PL's administrator that I got my son a placement in mainstream as a back up plan, and after a short chat with her on the over capacity situation in PL, I somehow feel that it is not right for me to hold on to enrollment, so we withdraw. Well, I got scolding for being stupid by my folks after that. :oops:

                      So far, he is doing pretty ok, making significant improvement, though we need to spend more effort to guide him. Unless we come to stage when we see the need to consider special school, I think we will not rock the boat for now.
                      Actually I have a very selfish thinking but I am not too sure if its allowed. If come May after IQ assessment and if KKH really suggest pathlight to me, I might just go ahead and enroll first.

                      At the sametime, i will let son go into the mainstream P1 that I have PV in to see how well he can adapt. Hopefully by the time when Pathlight have a vacancy (say 6months - 1.5 years), then I see if I should let son go into PL.

                      I guess I am one of the kiasu parents, covering all grounds for my son.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • I Offline
                        ImMeeMee
                        last edited by

                        nugget:
                        Actually I have a very selfish thinking but I am not too sure if its allowed. If come May after IQ assessment and if KKH really suggest pathlight to me, I might just go ahead and enroll first.


                        At the sametime, i will let son go into the mainstream P1 that I have PV in to see how well he can adapt. Hopefully by the time when Pathlight have a vacancy (say 6months - 1.5 years), then I see if I should let son go into PL.

                        I guess I am one of the kiasu parents, covering all grounds for my son.
                        Nugget, during school placement talks, I have heard of recommendations for parents to register for mainstream while awaiting special schools admission. The rationale is so that the child has a place in some school by the age of 7 yo. Our law requires compulsory education by the age of 7 yo unless there is special request subjec to MOE's approval. So I dont think its out of the norm.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 369
                        • 370
                        • 371
                        • 372
                        • 373
                        • 793
                        • 794
                        • 371 / 794
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        muhuntanM
                        muhuntan

                        Statistics

                        5

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy